Audio Guitar Discussion Thread

If anyone is interested in "Pedals", I have one at disposal - AMT Metallizer pedal.

Perfect for getting the later Megadeth/Testament (90s) tone.

I am planning to learn guitar so i want to know which guitar should i use as a beginner .

Buy any entry level guitar and try making it sound beautiful. If you can't, quit, NOW!

Just Kidding.
<

I guess not many are interested in Rocksmith. I couldn't even find the game in India. But I ordered one from the US and am buying a beginner guitar locally. Haven't finalized on a guitar yet. From what I read, the Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 is good and within my beginner budget of 11k. I think this is also the same guitar you get if you bought the Rocksmith guitar bundle. I need to visit the guitar shop to see if it feels right in my hands too.

I'm getting it from ebay India:
Rocksmith | eBay
You could also get it from play-asia.com for about the same price.
@SiriusB, did you get just the game or the bundle? Planning to start learning the guitar and Rocksmith seems like a great way to learn at your own pace. Somehow I don't think I'll do well in a normal class setting for the guitar. How has your experience been so far with the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Just the game. The bundle was too ridiculously priced.
I like the game very much. Rocksmith is not a guitar teacher, but I think it will be best enjoyed by someone learning guitar elsewhere and playing this game for learning the songs. Nevertheless, I think it is a good enough teaching aid for people like me who don't want to "get serious" with a guitar.

I like the game very much. Rocksmith is not a guitar teacher, but I think it will be best enjoyed by someone learning guitar elsewhere and playing this game for learning the songs. Nevertheless, I think it is a good enough teaching aid for people like me who don't want to "get serious" with a guitar.
@SiriusB Thanks for the update. Which beginner guitar did you go with?

- - - Updated - - -

@SiriusB Thanks for the update. Which beginner guitar did you go with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the Fender California Fat Strat along with a Stranger guitar amp from a local Saptaswara shop. The total damage was approx Rs.15k and I got a guitar bag free.

Experienced guitar players on TE, request your help to select a beginner's guitar. I'd like an instrument that will be forgiving through my learning phase as well as be of use once (whenever that is) I've become a better player. I'm not interested in going the upgrade route anytime in the next 5-6 years and have thus asked for recommendations from a guitarist friend thusly

I've been recommended the following guitars and wanted to get some inputs frm the community here as well:
  1. Yamaha Pacifica 012
  2. Yamaha Pacifica 112
  3. Avion AV1
  4. Avion AV3
  5. Vintage VS6
  6. Vintage V52
My budget is around 15K and all the above fit within or around that (dont mind stretching a couple of K)

Experienced guitar players on TE, request your help to select a beginner's guitar. I'd like an instrument that will be forgiving through my learning phase as well as be of use once (whenever that is) I've become a better player. I'm not interested in going the upgrade route anytime in the next 5-6 years and have thus asked for recommendations from a guitarist friend thusly

I've been recommended the following guitars and wanted to get some inputs frm the community here as well:
  1. Yamaha Pacifica 012
  2. Yamaha Pacifica 112
  3. Avion AV1
  4. Avion AV3
  5. Vintage VS6
  6. Vintage V52
My budget is around 15K and all the above fit within or around that (dont mind stretching a couple of K)

Depend s on what genre you would be playing as well. I have 112 and it is very versatile, Easy to play.

Depend s on what genre you would be playing as well. I have 112 and it is very versatile, Easy to play.
Thanks, where and how much did you get the Yahama for? Few of the shops I've looked at are not stocking it
Also, in terms of genre, am looking to play blues rock in the future

Thanks, where and how much did you get the Yahama for? Few of the shops I've looked at are not stocking it
Also, in terms of genre, am looking to play blues rock in the future

I am a bluesy, rock/instrumental learner myself and pac 112v is a perfect match for that, its just not a metal guitar. I bought it from Yamaha showroom in lajpat nagar few months back. 21k approx

Back