Guide To PSP Downgrading

2 Guys asked for this .. So posting this Guide here..

Sorry for the non availability of the screenies.. really in a fix cuz of bad connection today ... If anyone REALLY needs them do tel me .. i ll try to upload them ...

1) Downgrading:

First of all, if you have a firmware 2.71 PSP or lower, you will need to downgrade to 1.5 to start the process. If you have 2.5/6 or 2.0 i would reccommend upgrading to 2.71 first. (here - for the update : http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525).

Now that you have 2.71, or if you already had it, you are ready to downgrade. Fully charge your battery and connect your ac adapter.

here for the downgrader (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/755). The full and lite versions are available from there (full does everything for you, lite takes some work), now legally your only allowed the lite one, but nobody's looking wink.gif

After you get the downgrader, check that you don't have a TA-082 motherboard, (TA-082? - don't worry all of this is explained in the downgrader). Just follow the steps and you should end up with a nice shiny 1.5 firmware psp.

================================================================================

====

1.25) 2.80 Downgrading

Very similar to the 2.71 downgrade. Just use this programme (File Details- -, instead and follow the included guide.

================================================================================

====

1.5) 2.71TA-082 Downgrading

1) Copy the UPDATE and idstoragechange folders into /PSP/GAME/

2) Get the official sony 1.50 (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4)eboot and put it in the /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder with the name of UPDATE.PBP

3) Run HEN-D (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/922)if you are not already running it. Go to Photo --> Hen-D (press "X"). PSP should do either of the following:

Blue screen -> green screen -> automatic restart = Successful

Blue screen -> red screen = Unsuccessful

PSP crashes or freezes = Unsuccessful

You many need to do this step a few times to get it working properly, but it is completely safe, so do worry about it.

Once restarted, you can check if HEN-D is running by looking under the system information.

4) Execute the idstoragechange. It needs your battery to be at 75%. It will change some keys of your idstorage needed to downgrade from a TA-082.

5) The program will exit to the XMB. Now execute the generic downgrader, which will show in the XMB as "Update X.YX" under the GAME icon.

6) The generic downgrader will also need your battery to be at 75%. It will then start to downgrade your PSP to FW 1.50.

7) At the end, it will ask you to press X to restart your PSP. Do it.

If all went fine, you'll receive a blue screen telling you that your settings are corrupted, this is fine, go ahead and press the O button to reset your settings to default. After it resets, you will need to re-enter your settings, such as name and language. Welcome to 1.50.

Get the Downgrader: here (File Details- -)

====

1.75) 2.80 TA-082 Downgrading

1) Install HEN-D (PSP Downloads | 2.80 Homebrew Enabler Revision D (HEN-D for 2.80)) (see the included readme)

2) Confirm HEN-D is working, i.e. run the included cube demo.

3) Run the “TA082 IdStorage Changer”, via HEN, to patch your registry before downgrading.

4) Download the 1.5 update EBOOT (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4), rename to UPDATE.PBP, and copy it to the ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE on your memory stick

5) Launch “PSP Update ver X.YZ” program via HEN-D, and follow the instructions.

====

1.875) 3.03 Downgrading (ALL MOTHERBOARDS)

First things first, You will need an UNPATCHED COPY (http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i152630_cover.jpg) of GTA: Liberty City Stories. If you don't have one, then you'll need to purchase one.

If you are running, firmware 2.81, 3.00, 3.02 etc, you will need to upgrade to 3.03 first (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/958).

Now that you are on FW 3.03, download the downgrader (303dg.rar. Now that you have the downgrader, the unpatched GTA:LCS and are on fw 3.03, we're ready to downgrade wink.gif

1) Copy the contents of the MS_ROOT folder to your psp

2) Run GTA, It should get to loading savegame, then the screen will clear to black

and fill with a light blue colour, then the PSP will reset itself.

3) Check that HEN is running by going to system settings, then to

"System Information" and it should show up as system version

303 HEN

4) If it is showing up as HEN then go to the memory stick and

run the "X.YZ UPDATE".

5) If you have an unpatched TA-082 or higher motherboard, you will be

prompted to allow the downgrader to patch your motherboard so it

can be safely downgraded. The downgrader will not let you proceed

without patching, if your motherboard requires it.

6) As always make sure your psp has over 75% battery and that the AC adapter is plugged in all the way through the downgrade. Once you have agreed to start the downgrade do not unplug the PSP, or try and restart it.

7) Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself

8) If it comes up saying that the settings are corrupt, press O

to continue, this will mean you will need to re-enter the

settings for network connections into your PSP, if not skip to step 10

9) If you can't remember how your PSP was set up to access the internet, or can't be bothered putting it all in again, load the included NetConfigBackup application in your PSP, and select to restore, this will take the backup that was done of the network configuration. BUT BE CAREFUL AS THIS PROGRAM CAN BE DANGEROUS!!! If it all possible, just manually re-enter your settings.

10) You have a 1.50 PSP, Enjoy wink.gif

If you're having any problems understanding what to do, or need help, just post your questions here, and i'll help you ASAP

**Troubleshooting**

- Ensure that you have the original GTA LCS, it should have a 2.00 update

on the UMD, if it does not then it is a later version and can not be used

to downgrade.

- If GTA does not load 3.03 HEN and it loads up a save game, try making

a backup copy of all of the directories in <pspdrive>:/PSP/SAVEDATA/

before deleting them. Then try copying the contents of the 303 HEN zip

to there.

- If when trying to restore the network configuration using netconf backup you

find that it gives you an error on the downgraded 1.50 PSP, try adding

a temporary network configuration, then deleting it and run the netconf backup

again.

====

1.9) 3.50 DOWNGRADING

This is for all motherboards. And for this you WILL need either a PAL or US version of the game Lumines, like THIS ONE (Amazon.co.uk: Lumines (PSP): PC & Video Games. Now let's begin...

I) Firstly, you will need to upgrade your psp to version 3.50, DOWNLOAD the update (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1164), and place it in PSP/GAME/UPDATE and run it from your memory stick.

II) Now that you're on 3.50, DOWNLOAD the downgrader (3.50 Downgrader.rar)

III) For safety, back up your data and format your memory stick (optional)

IV) Extract the 3.50 Downgrader and copy the contents of the MS_ROOT folder to your memory stick. Your pc should ask to overwrite the "PSP" folder. Click yes.

V) Run Lumines and press X. The screen will then go bright blue and your psp will reset, don't worry, this is normal. When your psp turns on, go to settings-->system

settings-->system information. Check that it says "System version: 3.50 HEN" If it doesn't, repeat this step

VI) If HEN is showing, then go to your memory stick and run "x.yz update"

VII) Depending on your motherboard, the downgrader may ask you if you want to patch it. Just agree to all and continue with the downgrade.

VIII) Your PSP is now downgrading.... make sure the battery stays in the unit and the ac adapter is plugged in

IX) Once finished the PSP will ask you to press X, and reset itself. When your psp starts up, you will get the blue screen of death and it will say your settings are corrupt. Just press X or O for japanese psp's and continue

X) You have a 1.50 psp smile.gif

====

2) Upgrading to 3.40 OE-A

3.40 OE-A is a custom firmware that allows you to play all homebrew, ISOs, PSX ISOs(after being converted mind you) etc, whilst having things like the web browser and music visuals. Very noob freindly!!!

Firstly download this : (http://www.filemailer.us/epirate/3.40 [2FBC251E].7z)

For 1.5 users make sure the installation directory is x:\PSP\GAME

For custom firmware users (2.71 se-x, 3.02 oe-x, 3.03 oe-x, 3.10 oe-x or 3.30 oe-x) make sure the directory is X:\PSP\GAME150

Then simply run the 3.40 OE-A update from your memory stick.

====

2.5) Upgrading to 3.52 M33

3.52 M33 is another custom firmware made not by dark alex, but by some Russian developers. It has some nice features, and no-umd mode works at almost 100%. Although it isn't necessary to upgrade to it just yet... you may aswell wink.gif

To do it, download THIS (http://www.filemailer.us/epirate/3.52 [D111FBC1].7z) and run it from your PC. *NOTE* You must be on a custom firmware to install this. IE, if you're on 1.5, then install 3.40 OE-A before you install this

====

2.75) Upgrading to 3.71 M33

3.71 M33 is Dax's latest firmware installment, it has a lot of cool features:

* Now uses 3.71

* VSH Menu is not longer launched using HOME key, but using SELECT now. This is to not interfere with the XMB function of home, which is now more useful in this firmware.

* Psp Slim: umdcache was allocating memory even when homebrew was launched, wasting memory that homebrew programs may want to use. Now umdcache module is stopped before it can allocate any memory, only in the case homebrew is launched.

* Also, memory is unprotected for user memory usage by M33 core (only when homebrew is launched).

* Developer, for a sample of how to use the extra memory, see the extra ram sample of the M33 sdk.

* Both version boot now from 3.XX ipl, and are independent of 1.50.[/code]

To install it, download THIS (http://www.filemailer.us/epirate/3.71 [66562C3E].7z)and run it from your PC. *NOTE* You must be on3.52 M33-3 or 4, your game kernel must be set to 3.52 (recovery-->configuration-->set game kernel) and you mustn't have a custom theme installed.

====

3) Playing isos

To play ISOs on your PSP, you firstly need to download them. You can acquire them from this great site! After you have the ISO, you need to create a folder on your PSP called ISO, it should already be there, if not it should be in the root of the memory stick, which means the first folders you see when you click on "removable disk" the folder PSP should also be there. Simply copy and paste your ISO there. You then go to the saved game section and it should appear, Voila!!!! Enjoy!

====

4) Playing psx isos

A bit more is needed to play PSX ISOs. They need to be converted first. Although there has been a lot of commotion on how to do this, it's actually very simple.

1) Rip your PSX disc into .ISO form (or .bin/cue)

2) Use ZingaBurga's popstation (File Details-Simple-Popstation-GUI-v2.21-Beta-EBOOT-Tools-Utilities-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) -) to convert your ISO into an EBOOT

3) Make a folder to put your generated eboot.pbp and keys.bin file. You can pretty much call it whatever you want, but make sure that it doesnt contain any subfolders, and make sure that its name is less than 20 characters.

4) Place your folder in the GAME directory. eg) X:\PSP\GAME <----- put it here

5) Enjoy wink.gif

====

5) Help

1) I'm scared i'll brick my psp!

Don't worry. as long as you dont switch of you psp and your charger is in you'll be fine!

2) When i download an iso there are lots of weird folders.

The folders are parts of the game, split up to save space. You will need winrar to stick them all together again (click here if you don't already have it : WinRAR download and support. WinRAR is a powerful Windows tool to compress and decompress zip, rar and many other formats: Download now) Just right click on one of the parts, and click on extract files to..., then ok. It will then "glue them together" and you will be left with he iso. Simply put that iso into the ISO folder on your psp. You can then delete those parts.

3) How do i play homebrew games???

All you need to do, is download the game, and place it in the GAME folder on your psp.

4) Hey! the homebrew doesn't work!!!

You might need to change your psp's kernal. Hold R when you switch your psp into recovery mode. Go to configuration, Game folder homebrew and press x to change to 1.50 kernel

5) How do you stop the psp from auto loading the umd??

Hold R when you switch your psp into recovery mode. Go to configuration, skip SCE logo, then press x to enable

6) HOLY CRAP! I bricked my psp!!!

Don't worry, Go into recovery mode and go to "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" that will "unbrick" your psp

7) I don't have the recover folder!!!

Firstly download the recovery folder : RECOVERY.rar .

Go to toggle USB in recovery mode. This will allow your psp to connect to your computer via usb. Put the recovery folder in "GAME". Now go to "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

====

6) Downgrading/unbricking any PSP

Using a program called Pandora's Battery, it is possible to downgrade any psp as well as recovering a bricked psp.

Use THIS Program (Lix.in - Linkprotection) to install the battery on your psp. It's very easy to use and doesn't really require any instructions, as they are included with the program. It even installs 3.60 M33 on slim psp's!

After you do this, DOWNLOAD this homebrew appication (http://lix.in/4b0642). Extract the archive and copy the "Key Cleaner" folder to PSP\GAME. Once you have cleaned your keys, install a custom firmware (see above)

Source: Black Cats Games

Author: ZaNG3tSu

Guide To PSP Downgrading Method - II (Hardware Mod)

Re: Psp Downgrading...

hey thanx for the guide..but there are no links in the guide..uve posted ??..

and yeah...if i downgrade from 2.7.1 to 1.5 can i directly start playing the downloaded ISO's..or is there anything else to be done ??..

so if i have 2.7.1 i directly need to downgrade to 1.5 and start playing right ??

or would it be better to downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade to 3.40 OE-A\3.52 M33 ?

Whoa .. Boy .. that 1.5 is the Official FW .. and not the Custom Firmware..

U go back to 1.5 cuz only that one allows u to put CFW onto the PSP..

U wanna play the ISO's .. the Custom Firmware (CFW) is a must...

Edit: Links Supplied .. :)

Read the guide, now i havent yet got the PSP.

Questions

1.> So which PSP should i buy , i mean which version no.

How to identify the version no from the box packing.

2.> Whats the diff between the normal and slim.

3.> Which version whould be hassle free to downgrade to play iso's.

4.> Also acc to step [6] 6) Downgrading/unbricking any PSP

Can i downgrade any PSP[Fat/Slim] using it.

5.> Slim is the latest is it able to play iso games from mem stick.

6.> Also some downgrades require Lumix or some game will i have to puchase

its UMD anyhow.

My Main Reason to Buy PSP is

1.> Play iso's from the memstick

2.> Listen Mp3

3.> Enjoy Movies

Simple answer to many of ur queries.. : BUY A SLIM ..

Reason:

1) Downgradable and is lighter with a better battery .

2) U can play ISO's and Homebrew once downgraded

If u gettin a Slim .. the current official firmware running on the Slims is 3.71 and that is very much downgradable .. prev ones were running 3.60 FW ..

Basically any slim currently in the market will do.

3) U can connect to TV

(Although one needs a TV with progressive scan or the component input one.. and they say the game comes with black borders all around .. i say its still worth it cuz Custom Firmware applications are expected to be released soon which wd allow u to play full screen mode)

The movies run full screen though.

4) Although one needs a pandora to downgrade the slims.. u wont find it too hard to get a FAT PSP running a CFW .. Few members here have it and by december i wd be gettin my slim from the US too ;)

besides one can manually make a pandora too .. So u neednt worry bout that

5) Any PSP can be downgradable now.. that Lumines or the Unpatched UMD method was the way to go about until pandora came out.

So all i need to get is a PSP Slim 3.71.

But how can i identify a PSP Slim 3.71 from the packed box.

Also wats the cost if you know.

Also do you mean Pandora Battery for the PSP Slim.

Can you PM me any dl link for it.

Bro .. :D .. u really seem to be on a coffee diet..

Get ANY slim .. all are downgradable ..

Cost in india is abt 8.5k-9k For the core pack .. 7k In U.S

The Battery In the slim is converted to Pandora and u need a MSPD of atleast 256MB . The same battery is converted back to normal one once u r done with downgrading ..

I mentioned 3.71 just to let ppl kno that even the latest ones are downgradable .. prolly that made u think otherwise abt the previous firmwares .. maybe my bad..

I ll pass u the torrents from my side on for the CFW and Pandora Creation Stuff.. but black cats ones mite not run if passed on as the IP recognition is done .. but some way or the other wd be thought abt.. No Sweat .. ;)

Hope that clears stuff.. :)

Hey ,, isn't Pandora's battery more simpler ??? It just takes 5 mins to make one, and works irrespective of firmware. ...

Also , about the slim .. IT DOESN'T HAVE A BETTER BATTERY ... the bundled one lasts for a max of 4-6 hours depending on what ur doing .. to get better battery life, u'll need to use the phat PSP battery on the slim , which i doubt anyone will ...

Ok guys PSP Slim & Lite 3.60 Firmware is what i got after going through many stores.

What i have heard is any PSP can be patched to play ISO's from Mem Stick.

So which fimware should i patch to what should i do exactly to play iso's

and homebrew stuff.

3.71 M33-2

REASON:

*Themes available for PSP from XMB.

*Assign buttons for PS3 remote play.

*Listen to music while browsing thru photos.

*Scene seeker for MP4, & Sequential video playback.

*Plugins are available which wd go just fine with this CFW.

*It has the homebrew compatibility, There is a 1.50 kernel add-on.

*And ofcource u can Play All the games from the ISO, The legally backed up i mean ;)

Baki .. here is the link for the downgrader i believe : YouTube - 3.60downgrader psp slim/custom firmwear instaler

Sorry for these noob qtns.

The youtube video has robot sound , hard to understand.

Themes available for PSP from XMB.

Whats XMB

Scene seeker for MP4

Whats scene seeker

Plugins are available which wd go just fine with this CFW.

Can you tell me more about this plugins.

There is a 1.50 kernel add-on

do i have to install this seperately , also what does this do.

=================================================

Whats exactly this M33

Also is 3.60 M33 better than 3.71 M33-2

Taken from some link online said:
Today i decided to try and put a custom gameboot on my psp slim

i done it the usual way that worked for the old fat psp

It resulted in a brick, but this was no ordinary brick........

I couldnt even get a recovery menu or anything, just a black screen

So I thought ach well, ill just reinstall with pandora,

But that didnt work wither, it just hanged on Formatting Flash0

This 1 custom gameboot had totally destroyed my psp slim!

But luckily i had made a dump of my psp's nand immediatly after installing 3.71 m33-2 for the first time

I used the restore from dump like function in the pandora menu and it worked great

My PSP Was Broguht Back To Life!

SO..........

My Advice For Any PSP Slim Owner Is To Create A Dump Of Your NAND and make multiple backups of it in various locations because this single dump is your last hope of unbricking your psp and having it working 100%

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR NAND PEOPLE!

So how do i make a backup like hes mentioning.

Is this backup taken after flashing or before flashing.

guys its complicated for me. :(

XMB : The Cross Media Bar Navigation thingie u mst have seen in psp yaar.

Scene Seeker: Mp4 is a video format, rite.. so Seeking a scene just like u do in ur movies while playing on a reg DVD player.

Plugin : Plugins Like Capturing a Screen Shot while playing a game .. or like listening to ur own hindi music while playing game like say GTA.

1.50 Kernel: This kernel was used to be there as the base for all the fat psp's running firmware and this was the one which was basically exploited to install all the custom firmwares and enabling the homebrews.

The new slim psp has done away with the old kernel and obv having an exploitable kernel will def add up to ur advantage.

It ll get installed automatically .. no need to do anything separately.

3.60 M33 is def better than 3.71 M33 yaar..

Abt Nand And More On Pandora: Guide: Pandora's Battery/Unbricking/Downgrading/Clean ID Storage

Btw .. i m yet to install the CFW on a slim .. but i think nukeu666 has done it .. wait til he replies here.

nuke you have to rescue me , plz.

3.60 M33 is def better than 3.71 M33 yaar..
how is it better [sorry for another lame qtn.]

[M33]
My assumption , if 3.71 came after 3.60 then why is 3.60 still better than 3.71

This things gonna make me crazy.

Hey there... I just bot d new PSP slim with FW 3.60. Can I downgrade it using this mthd? Sm1 told me that d new PSP slim can be downgraded only with Pandora's battery. :( Is this true?

Abhi.

^^Yea it is....U could ask some forum member to do it for you....could be for free or could be for a small amount of money to compensate for the time.

Follow the first post in this thread .. brilliant guide by SpaceScreamer

Since yours is already a custom firmware follow Step 2 onwards. Upgrade to 3.71 M33.

Back