Graphic Cards GTX 750 Ti on Low End PSU

The VS-series is CHEAP for my standard and i'm never going to recommend it to anyone. End of story.
And about the TI if you can read, my post clearly said "like". This is a buying section. If you want to discuss we have a separate section for it.

The VS-series is CHEAP for my standard and i'm never going to recommend it to anyone. End of story.
And about the TI if you can read, my post clearly said "like". This is a buying section. If you want to discuss we have a separate section for it.
I cant read ur post sorry. BTW can u give me a link to the discussion forum, new here. And u know what even if its a discussion forum or a buying forum i dont care mahn. Coz im interested in buying if its a buying section and i guess buying involves disussion. Just because no one listens to what you say that doesnt mean you behave in such a way. Im coming from a forum hifivision.com and you need to visit it once to see how people behave and respect others choices. If this is not a discussion forum then why did you give your advice earlier. Should have informed me right away

I agree the vs is a cheap psu which is why i'm suggesting the cx at the least with seasonic as the most preferable depending on budget. I just don't consider the vs a 'bad' psu.
I didn't mean to say you're ignorant about the ti or anything, i only pointed out the difference because of the misconception of buying a non-ti, oc'ing it and expecting ti performance. main point was that 9 times out of 10 a ti is worth the extra cost.
Sorry that my posts have made this thread go sideways.

I agree the vs is a cheap psu which is why i'm suggesting the cx at the least with seasonic as the most preferable depending on budget.
I didn't mean to say you're ignorant about the ti or anything, i only pointed out the difference because of the misconception of buying a non-ti, oc'ing it and expecting ti performance. main point was that 9 times out of 10 a ti is worth the extra cost.
Sorry that my posts have made this thread go sideways.
Your post did not create any issue. As it is im not into ocing. Im definately looking at some other psu's which are atleast reliable. Every post on this forum makes a difference. You did not say anything wrong which you did not have to. BTW what is your opinion on the antec vp450p?

The Antec VP450 and CX430 are both decent PSUs, please buy the one with max warranty, think the CX series has a 3 year warranty, as opposed to the Antec that has 2. I like the Corsiar's after sales support through Kaizen.

Edit - Flipkart's prices are a few hundred rupees above the market prices for some reason, I got the Seasonic S12II 620W for Rs.5700, it is listed for Rs.6XXX on FK. Please look at the www.theitdepot.com also, they have some very attractive prices, also check with local B&M stores.

The Antec VP450 and CX430 are both decent PSUs, please buy the one with max warranty, think the CX series has a 3 year warranty, as opposed to the Antec that has 2. I like the Corsiar's after sales support through Kaizen.
Surely will look for the best deal and the brand which offers max warranty. Thanks

asus and xfx are serviced by rashi peripherals who have a bad rep.
sadly asus has a good quality rep which is quite at odds with rashi's practices.

zotac and sapphire are serviced by aditya infotech.

please note, that almost all repair works involve replacing your card with an identical refurbished model of the same type. so big bummer for all Indian gamers.

asus and xfx are serviced by rashi peripherals who have a bad rep.
sadly asus has a good quality rep which is quite at odds with rashi's practices.

zotac and sapphire are serviced by aditya infotech.

please note, that almost all repair works involve replacing your card with an identical refurbished model of the same type. so big bummer for all Indian gamers.
My friend is recommending gigabyte as they have a quick rma it seems. So does it really make a massive difference if i don't buy the Asus and buy the gigabyte instead?

If you're friend is in the same city as you, then sure as after sales experience can vary wildly from one centre to another.
asus and gigabyte gpu designs are very much on par with each other so either will be perfectly fine.
Does your friend know who the warranty service provider for gigabyte is?

Last edited:
He told me its the same as on their website. So i guess it is accel in andheri as well as grant road here in mumbai. I stay in kurla and so andheri service center is say 10-15mins from my place. Hence the preferance for gigabyte

Unfortunately my motherboard is having some issue. It does not shut down correctly. Once i press the shutdown button in windows 7 the shutsdown and only the monitor goes off. The CPU fan, cabinet fans, psu all remain on. I have to then switch it off from the mains. So i feel i may have to rma the mobo. Can the PSU(SMPS) cause such problems. I have another zebronics smps 450w, the same thing happens with that one too. Should i go ahead with a new PSU from antec/corsair depending on availability. So far the antec vp450p is not available anywhere. Should i settle for corsair cx430?

Can the PSU(SMPS) cause such problems. I have another zebronics smps 450w, the same thing happens with that one too. Should i go ahead with a new PSU from antec/corsair depending on availability. So far the antec vp450p is not available anywhere. Should i settle for corsair cx430?
Yes the psu CAN cause these problems but since you're experiencing it on multiple psu's i thinks it's safe to rule that out.
mobo looks to be the most likely culprit.

Hello Once again. My motherboard is repaired and now working perfectly fine. No issues anymore. Pretty quick RMA by gigabyte. Received Mobo within 6 days including sunday. Will be making the GPU+PSU purchase in a day or two. The PSU im looking for is the Antec Vp550 and the gpu is gigabyte GTX750Ti 2GB OC. Now what i want to know is, the AMD R7 370 is newly launched in the market, does it beat out the 750ti? Also does brand really matter(NVIDIA v/s AMD)?

Yes the 370 is basically an r9 270x which will be significantly faster than a 750 Ti. However it will consume more than 2x the power. You'd need to get a decent power supply. The antec you mentioned should be ok. Brand does not matter.

I have a new 980 Ti in my main rig and have shifted the old AMD 7970 into the other. When gaming at reasonable settings, there is zero difference between the two. AMD cards are pretty solid in terms of performance.

Back