Graphic Cards GTX 1060 For 18k on amazon

Its the mini edition. Still the pricing is very good , in market the price for the same is roughly 20.5k inclusive of tax. Based on the reviews the performance is good enough for 1440p gaming also. If that is what you are looking forward to you can purchase the same.

Avoid getting this one since it's basically a 1050Ti, if you're buying a gpu in this price bracket in 2016 you should aim for a card with 4GB VRAM at least.

Oh, the places where I enquired the prices all quoted 20k+ for the card in Bangalore
Sorry my bad its the 6gb edition I was talking about

Last edited:
Yeah, I had purchased the Zotac 1060 Mini (6 GB) for 20,372 couple of weeks back. I wouldn't really recommend the 3 GB version and Amazon prices for GPUs are especially inflated.

guys will the price come down over the next 3 months.i can buy a asus strix gtx 1060 6gb from u.s for 19k this december

i currently have a gtx 770.

if i sell my 770 it will cost me 7k

You can get a Zotac GTX1060 6GB for 21k right now in India.
In US it's much cheaper, you can get a top of the line 1060 for $250 (16k INR).

Waiting for prices to drop in India is pointless, it will never happen. The GTX970 still sells for 25k here.

3GB version is not recommended at all. A 970 is faster than it in most situations. This video gives more information on this subject.

Personally I'd skip the 1060 altogether and get a 4GB/8GB RX 480 instead.

Update Guys.OK so I see Amd RX480 supports liquid Cooling and has got more vram.plus can be crossfired.so i guess i might go for it over the 3gb 1060.Will the prices drop by atleast 20% by december??atleast in u.s??

Update Guys.OK so I see Amd RX480 supports liquid Cooling and has got more vram.plus can be crossfired.so i guess i might go for it over the 3gb 1060.Will the prices drop by atleast 20% by december??atleast in u.s??

Can't say for sure going by recent gpu launches, I just bought a 470 last week and the cheapest 480 I could find was for $270 that too for the 4GB reference one. Non reference ones are hard to come by and overpriced where available, although there's an MSI 4GB one on newegg now for $250.
Also, I don't really think the card can make full use of the 8GB VRAM which is why I opted to save money and went for the 470 4GB instead.

3GB version is not recommended at all. A 970 is faster than it in most situations. This video gives more information on this subject.

Personally I'd skip the 1060 altogether and get a 4GB/8GB RX 480 instead.
Going by that video and also all 3rd party benchmarks, the GTX1060 6GB performs better than the RX480 8GB (except for in Hitman and DX:MD).
Time will tell how each performs in DX12 however.

Imo, GTX970/980 owners should skip the Pascals entirely unless they are getting a GTX1080 or above. I don't think even the GTX1070 is a worthy upgrade from a GTX970/980 as the extra investment is sky-high.
(Sell existing GTX970/980 for 15k, add yet another 25k, and buy a GTX1070. Only the uber rich can justify something like that for 20 more fps heh).

But for those with 2 generation or older GPUS, the GTX1060 6GB is a solid budget purchase.
And strangely even the GTX1070 is a great prospect for this group of buyers as the 'go-for-broke' point kicks in.

The dawn of the 4K era is great for the budget gamer. GPU manufactuers are focussing on being powerful enough to push 4K, then the same die gets chopped up and sold as budget variants, which means great performance at 1080p for the 'poor' gamer even if they buy the lowest of the low junk.

PS: I am speaking for the Indian market where prices are retarded. When buying in the US, the GTX1070 is far far more bang for buck.

Imo, GTX970/980 owners should skip the Pascals entirely unless they are getting a GTX1080 or above. I don't think even the GTX1070 is a worthy upgrade from a GTX970/980 as the extra investment is sky-high.
(Sell existing GTX970/980 for 15k, add yet another 25k, and buy a GTX1070. Only the uber rich can justify something like that for 20 more fps heh).
1070 is roughly 2x the performance of a 970 at 1440p n newer titles. How is that not a worthy upgrade?

Yes prices are inflated this generation as there is no AMD competition. But wait for competition to arrive (Vega) and watch prices tumble.

Yes prices are inflated this generation as there is no AMD competition. But wait for competition to arrive (Vega) and watch prices tumble.
Isn't this the argument for Polaris? Wait till Polaris and watch prices tumble?

Don't get me wrong, AMD did force Nvidia to release powerful cards at relatively low prices compared to previous generations but as far India is concerned, I think AMD will keep on getting shafted

Isn't this the argument for Polaris? Wait till Polaris and watch prices tumble?

Don't get me wrong, AMD did force Nvidia to release powerful cards at relatively low prices compared to previous generations but as far India is concerned, I think AMD will keep on getting shafted

Indian AMD prices are just retarded cos of greedy distributors and AMD cards never made any financial sense ever since 7970 days.

But what did happen with the Polaris launch was that NVIDIA was forced to release the 3GB 1060 and also price the 6GB 1060 more sanely than what it would have otherwise.

1070 is roughly 2x the performance of a 970 at 1440p n newer titles. How is that not a worthy upgrade?

Chances are if you have a gtx 970/980, you are gaming at 1080p not 1440p.
Granted the gtx1070 is a big boost over the 970 at 1080p also, but the 970 still performs very respectably at that res.

Waiting for the Vega and Volta is much smarter as opposed to investing in a 1070 as a 'hold over' upgrade.

Chances are if you have a gtx 970/980, you are gaming at 1080p not 1440p.
Granted the gtx1070 is a big boost over the 970 at 1080p also, but the 970 still performs very respectably at that res.

Waiting for the Vega and Volta is much smarter as opposed to investing in a 1070 as a 'hold over' upgrade.

There is no point even buying a 1070 for 1080p. Even a 1060 is more than enough. Anyone buying a 1070 will have a 1440p monitor at least.

For 4k, even a 1080 is not enough - you either need two of them or a titan. Both are pretty expensive propositions.

Waiting for Vega makes sense if AMD actually launches it in october. Volta is still a long long time away. I don't think it has even taped out.

Now if you have a previous gen 980 ti/Titan X/Fury X, I'd not bother upgrading those cards. However the 970 is definitely showing its age in DX12 and GPU heavy titles like DX:MD.

There is no point even buying a 1070 for 1080p. Even a 1060 is more than enough. Anyone buying a 1070 will have a 1440p monitor at least.

For 4k, even a 1080 is not enough - you either need two of them or a titan. Both are pretty expensive propositions.

Waiting for Vega makes sense if AMD actually launches it in october. Volta is still a long long time away. I don't think it has even taped out.

Now if you have a previous gen 980 ti/Titan X/Fury X, I'd not bother upgrading those cards. However the 970 is definitely showing its age in DX12 and GPU heavy titles like DX:MD.

:shy::shy::shy:

As I mentioned in the postscript in my earlier post, I am only speaking in regard with India.
1440p penetration is extremely low here, and GPU buyers are making their purchases based mainly on 1080p.

In the US, GTX1060 makes little sense unless one is really strapped for cash.
There's no doubt that the GTX1070 provides far more value out there.

Back