GTA 4 : EFLC Query

Hi guys,

Yesterday i bought GTA Episodes from Liberty City for PC. I have already played GTA 4, but *ahem* version, so i used to register with Windows Live in offline mode and played it. But now, since its the original version, do i need internet connection to play the game?
FYI, I'll activate the game in offline/manual mode. So to register with Windows Live, do i need internet connection or can i register it as offline user too.

You don't need internet to play EFLC. As for GFWL, just create an offline a/c and enjoy. But if you want to register your game with GFWL, you need to create an online a/c and need to sign-in every time you want to play with that online a/c.

Yep, key only for MP. To activate you need not have an live internet connection. But you do need to go online on any other internet terminal and generate your offline activation key.

^^ Oh, thats what they called manual activation? *sigh* will do that with any of friends PC.... :D. Thanks jojo for the info

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can't we able to skip the product activation? If any, please let me know guys..

^^ what is the problem in activation? you own it. A key can be activated 5 times Max after which you need to revoke it for further activation.

No, the thing is i dont have net at home. So need to do the offline activation, copy that file to my PC. a big headache... So looking for a crack for that.

rajkumar_pb said:
No, the thing is i dont have net at home. So need to do the offline activation, copy that file to my PC. a big headache... So looking for a crack for that.
Hmm, GTA cracks now-a-days are a pain in the neck. Its very complicated. I suggest you do the genuine manual activation procedure. Its way easier that way.
And don;t ask for warez TE. No talk about hacking and cracking is appreciated here.

^^ Dude, i have a genuine Disc and i asked for cracks to reduce the pain of activating, isn't that wrong?

BTW Does the Unlock Request Code changes every time you install or it remains same for all installations? Because i noted down the UR Code and serial key and generated Unlock code. Now today eve i'll do activation. So just want to confirm it.

rajkumar_pb said:
^^ Dude, i have a genuine Disc and i asked for cracks to reduce the pain of activating, isn't that wrong?

BTW Does the Unlock Request Code changes every time you install or it remains same for all installations? Because i noted down the UR Code and serial key and generated Unlock code. Now today eve i'll do activation. So just want to confirm it.
Its your right to mess with stuff you own, but this is not the place for asking for it. read the rules if you doubt me. plus we can never know for sure if you truly own the game or not. We just have to take your word for it, if we.

the request code changes everytime but the code generated with it should work anyway.

jojothedragon said:
Its your right to mess with stuff you own, but this is not the place for asking for it. read the rules if you doubt me. plus we can never know for sure if you truly own the game or not. We just have to take your word for it, if we.
LOL... If i d/l a RIP then why would i ask for activation and stuffs, its already cracked bro. :bleh:
jojothedragon said:
the request code changes everytime but the code generated with it should work anyway.

BTW i copied the unlock request code yesterday, and get the unlock code today by Office PC, now when i return back to home and try to activate it, the unlock request code will be different rite? Or is it same?

jojothedragon said:
Hmm, GTA cracks now-a-days are a pain in the neck. Its very complicated. I suggest you do the genuine manual activation procedure. Its way easier that way.

And don;t ask for warez TE. No talk about hacking and cracking is appreciated here.
complicated? i beg to differ

You will need the disk all the time...but atleast once you need activation via net or you can request for UNLOCK code.
In short its a pain in there. :p

I have a original disk but i use *ahem* stuff to play singleplayer.
EDIT : (GTA4)

^^ for EFLC all I did was to install software from the DVD, activate it. And to save my DVD from scratches use razor non DVD required launcher.

I do not play crack games but I do use no-dvd launcher for all of them.

BTW i copied the unlock request code yesterday, and get the unlock code today by Office PC, now when i return back to home and try to activate it, the unlock request code will be different rite? Or is it same?

Is it so?

BTW @adi_vastava, can you PM me the link. Don't want DVD to be there all time. Its really annoying.

comp@ddict said:
complicated? i beg to differ
trying to get me banned are we?

The unlock request code will be different every time, but the code generated with it from the activation site works anyway.

trying to get me banned are we?

lol.. just saying. I had to replace one file with another 300 or so KB file and it was done. Although I didnt enjoy the game, I did waste 2 days banging the car here and there.

^^

OK, everything is done. installed XP SP3, activated manually, now when i try to start its giving me 'SecuLauncher : failed to start application [2000]'.

I googled and find the solution, that re-installing VC++2005 Redist will solve this issue. But after doing that also, i am getting the same error. I tried almost all solution and nothing seems to be working for me.

Please guys, help me, if you already faced the same issue.

Back