GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: GTA 4 General Discussions

@ Boo, u have to restart ur system mate, do that and the Payback mission will load without any hitch :)

@Hunt thanks for the ideas bro , but found the solution atlast :)

Hi, just installed GTA 4 and played a few minutes, but when I got out of the house after the first cut scene and save, the whole thing looks a bit blurred or hazy. I am running it as per the setup that the game recomended, which is medium, medium and at 1440 res. Is there somehting I need to change?

Have you accidentally hit the 'P' key on the keyboard? That enables a blur filter in the game which is supposed to give it a "console-like" feel. Press the 'P' key again & see if that removes the fuzziness.

i m moving from xp to vista , is there anyway to secure the save games?????
i cant find the save files of GTA4 in the place where usually GTA savefiles are found.......................................

hey i have ATI 4850, but during some scence the road smooth out like plane gray like in?

is there some fix for it?

agm203 said:
WTF,this game need XP SP3?:S using Ahem version XP SP2 it wont work?:huh:

Easiest solution to that is to apply a registry fix which is as following:

Step 1: Run Regedit by Clicking on Start -> Run , type in regedit and press enter

Step 2: Make a backup of your registry (just in case)

Step 3: Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows"

Step 4: Modify the value of "CSDVersion" from "0x00000200" (SP2) to the Windows XP SP3 value of "0x00000300" (i.e. the value from 200 to 300)

Step 5: Close registry editor

Step 6: Reboot

Step 7: Start GTA

I am unable to install GTA IV on Windows 7. It does not let me install. It says not compatible with %P. What does that mean?

rite said:
I am unable to install GTA IV on Windows 7. It does not let me install. It says not compatible with %P. What does that mean?
That means the setup isn't officially compatible with the Operating System. You need to force the setup file to run on compatibility mode & select Windows XP SP2 mode. That should get the installation moving.

Installed now it says xlive.dll missing. I downloaded and copied it into the folder and now it says that is not designed to work with windows. using windows 7 ultimate.

Code:
SecuLauncher: failed to start application (2000)

I tried googling for the solution. I tried everything. The only thing that worked momentarily is installing ALL the exe's and the one msi file that is in the first DvD (DvDDRIVE:\GTAIV\Redistributable\*.exe). It too turned up with the GTA IV screen and then just froze :mad:

ANY SOLUTION ?? :S :S

Back