Graphic Cards Graphics Card Upgrade

LoL :tearsofjoy:

Coming to proccy, FX6350 is good enough to pair with GTX 960. It can be compared to i3 4th gen from Intel.

Reference

thanks. and yes! the friend's PSU is a corsair VS550 (gotten in haste). would he need to change it? it could provide ample power to the GPU and still be left with more I think, but whether 'quality power' or not is doubtful.

thanks. and yes! the friend's PSU is a corsair VS550 (gotten in haste). would he need to change it? it could provide ample power to the GPU and still be left with more I think, but whether 'quality power' or not is doubtful.

Corsair VS series is again not recommended. Your doubt is true about delivering quality power. If possible change it.

Anyone from Kaloor, Ernakulam from our community?

Looks you found something on OLX/Quickr :p

Corsair VS series is again not recommended. Your doubt is true about delivering quality power. If possible change it.

alright. yes I had suggested the same to him. he said will do when has funds to spend it next. priority is the GPU now.

alright. yes I had suggested the same to him. he said will do when has funds to spend it next. priority is the GPU now.
The VS550 got 42A on 12v rail, so I think it should good enough for any card upto 300W. The compromise made on the VS series is the OEM that manufactures it - think less number of solid caps and probably lower quality parts / QC.

I too got semi-shafted by buying a VS550. I mean it's not a bad product for the price and will run everything upto a GTX1060, but one can no longer blindly trust Corsair like in the VX450 days (it took a billion volts to kill my VX450).

Apparently now they expect the consumers to educate themselves on what brand capacitors are used inside each PSU.

Hi. Just riding on this thread for a query.
I had a 9800GT and it conked off couple of days back. Planning to get a used GTX770 or 960/970. any other suggestions among these??
My budget is 10k for the GPU.
I have corsair VX450. planning to upgrade it to GS600. Good enough?? or will VX450 handle GTX770 or 970??

Also just thinking out loud. Is it possible to use 2 PSU's ( suppose i have an extra one lying by)?? one dedicated for the GPU only??I do understand that we wont be able to mount it inside the cabby .but apart from the practical difficulties, i guess we can do it.

Hi. Just riding on this thread for a query.
I had a 9800GT and it conked off couple of days back. Planning to get a used GTX770 or 960/970. any other suggestions among these??
My budget is 10k for the GPU.
I have corsair VX450. planning to upgrade it to GS600. Good enough?? or will VX450 handle GTX770 or 970??

Also just thinking out loud. Is it possible to use 2 PSU's ( suppose i have an extra one lying by)?? one dedicated for the GPU only??I do understand that we wont be able to mount it inside the cabby .but apart from the practical difficulties, i guess we can do it.

VX450 can support GTX960. However no OC in that case. Yes, you can very well use two PSUs; one for system and one for PSU solely.

Yes, 770>960 by some margin.

In 10k budget, used 960,770,680 are best bets. Even I have a used GTX 960 which i bought from olx with 2 year warranty. I can max all the games I play on 1600*900 with some assurance that it will suffice for 3 years.

VX450 can support GTX960. However no OC in that case. Yes, you can very well use two PSUs; one for system and one for PSU solely.

But how will you turn on the second PSU? I always thought that when you press the power button, the motherboard sends out a signal to the PSU and then only the PSU switches on and starts delivering power to all components..

isnt 770>960

770 > 960 but only by a small margin.. But if you consider the power consumption of the cards, the 960 does a lot better..

isnt 770>960
I just saw some of the benchmarks and reviews and saw that the actual gaming performance of GTX960 is slightly slower than GTX770! But what I did saw was that this was at almost half TDP! So the GTX960 will definitely use much less power and hence will be more cooler! Plus the 900 series simply seems more logical considering that the GTX770 is now 3 years old! Why get a 3 years older technology when u can get similar performance at nearly same price (USED of course) with a newer GPU![DOUBLEPOST=1470907540][/DOUBLEPOST]
A short question .How do you guys compare the GPU's?? i usually take the GPU-Z and check which has a higher pixel fill rate ,texture fill rate and bandwidth.

is this the best way to compare??
I rely on people! Their experiences states the best! :grin::sweatsmile:

Sorry for hijacking.. Asking it here since most of the experienced people and mods are already in the conversation..

Which graphics card manufacturer would you suggest based on their durability..
I'm planning on getting a 1070 from the US.. but confused on which brand to get..
EVGA one is $420 and Gigabyte is $430.. Are these brands durable? Do they use good quality components (like capacitors, chips etc.) in their cards?
Since the warranty on the card is pretty much out of the window when the card reaches India, I'm thinking is it worth the gamble and save around 12k..

My past experience with importing stuff has been good till now.. I had got my PS4 similarly from US last feb for about $400 and it is still kicking without any issues.. So does it make sense to try out my luck with a GPU?

Any sort of info/help is appreciated..

^EVGA are one of the best manufacturers out there! I have seen people praising EVGA cards! Specially their SC and SSC models and the FTW are their flagship models!
Second I'll choose Asus - Strix lineup is also one of the most liked models! See if you can get hold of these two!
These two are probably not going to give you any sort of troubles!
Plus I can't speak much on warranty! Sometimes thing happens if it has to happen! :expressionless:

Just found this!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487248

Check if newegg can provide a via via warranty! :D

Back