Graphic Cards Graphics card suggestion for HTPC 4k playback

rrunner

Disciple
Hi,
I currently have nvidia gts 250 paired with i3 3220,gigabyte d3h motherboard,8gb memory.
Looking to upgrade graphics card for 4k content playback with displayport option for futureproof.
Can you please suggest best possible card within 10k budget, I am not interested in gaming.

Thx

750 Ti is the best card for you. It'll do 4k video playback and also has displayport out. However if you want a futureproof card, get a GTX 960. It is the cheapest HDMI 2.0 compatible card.

The radeon r7 250x i think is the cheapest option at ~8k
be advised there are versions without a displayport so if you're buying it online confirm with the seller first.

The radeon r7 250x i think is the cheapest option at ~8k
be advised there are versions without a displayport so if you're buying it online confirm with the seller first.
No 4k decode acceleration on r7 250x. In fact none of the AMDs have 4k decode in hardware other than fury.

I find that most 750 ti do not have display port option since it is not part of reference design.can you please let me know the exact model no or brand which has this feature.

Thx

No 4k decode acceleration on r7 250x. In fact none of the AMDs have 4k decode in hardware other than fury.
Did not know that. thanks.

@OP: Which city are you located in? buying it locally would be the safest bet so you can physically check for the displayport.
online images have been notoriously misleading when it comes to computer parts.
contacting the seller before buying the gpu is another option.
as far as which brand has it and which doesn't is hard to say as they may all have options with and w/o a displayport.
asus, zotac and gigabyte are the most popular in India.

Be wary of buying any dual fan 750ti.
i've seen many comments of people receiving the single fan one when the pic clearly shows a dual fan one. (there are already such comments posted)
the product code in the description matches the single fan version according to the zotac site.
basically it might not have the displayport since it's marked as n/a on zotac's website.
http://www.zotac.com/products/graph...er/DESC/amount/10/section/specifications.html

i went through the list of zotac 750ti's and out of 5 versions only 2 have displayports.
their product codes are ZT-70605-10M and ZT-70602-10M.
there are also two 750's from zotac that have displayports -ZT-70707-20M and ZT-70706-10M

Alternatively, you can perhaps buy a used 650ti Boost (product code ZT-61201-10M)
http://www.zotac.com/products/graph...er/DESC/amount/10/section/specifications.html

Back