star89

Disciple
Hi,

I need to buy a gfx card for my PC, config mentioned below:
CPU- Intel i3 540
MoBo - Intel DH55TC
Ram - 4 GB
PSU - Corsair Vx450

I need to play games like NFS MW, CS, Crysis, GTA , etc.
Please suggest the cards in my price range.

In that budget I would suggest you to get a second hand gtx 660 or 7870 which are still under warranty... A lot of them are on sale here and on [E]...

New cards you can consider would be the r7 250x/7750/7770.
However, i too feel that since you're on a tight budget a used card under warranty will offer much better value as the above cards i mentioned are all entry level.
you can post any interesting offers you find in the classifieds and we can help weigh in on those.

did some checking and there doesnt seem to be much difference. the 750ti doesn't heat up so much. the single fan solution will perform just as well so go with the cheaper one.
i guess if you plan to aggressively overclock it then perhaps the 2 fan cooler could be considered.

Yeah. Wonder why there are two separate listings. All in all, this is great card at this budget.
The difference between the two cards is that one has Displayport and is G-Sync compatible while the other is dual DVI and is not. If you don't care about G-Sync, get the cheaper one.

The difference between the two cards is that one has Displayport and is G-Sync compatible while the other is dual DVI and is not. If you don't care about G-Sync, get the cheaper one.
Ohk. BTW, What's G-sync and is it worth getting a supporting monitor? It's Nvidia proprietary I guess.

Ohk. BTW, What's G-sync and is it worth getting a supporting monitor? It's Nvidia proprietary I guess.
G-Sync is a variable refresh technique that allows allows your monitor refresh rate to match your in game frame rate. NVIDIA uses a custom FPGA to do this. As a result it costs money and monitors that support it cost a bomb.

AMD has a cheaper solution to it called freesync which uses the adaptive refresh tech found in newer monitors. This is cheaper but apparently doesn't work as well as G-Sync in certain situations.

Back