Graphic Cards Graphic Card Replacement 10-15k

yuvi161292

Disciple
I recently shifted back home after 2 years of college to find that my gaming pc which had been rarely used in past 2 years is not working properly. My current config is:
Intel i5 2400 (sandy bridge)
Intel DH67CL
Msi GTX560ti
Corsair Vengence 1600MHz 4gb x 2
Corsair TX650
Kingston 64gb SSD
WD Green 1TB x 2
Coolermaster CM 690 II
Dell 23' 1080p

GPU: seems dead, the fans are still running but the pc doesnt recognize that theres a gpu installed even though the bios shows there is one.

Processor: used BurninTest software to test its health and it showed no error.

Ram: Windows diagnostic test shows one of the sticks is faulty

Now my question is, is the GPU really dead and do I need to replace it?

If so then please suggest a GPU in the range 10-15k for games like Far Cry 4, Call of Duty Ghosts at 1080p.

Thanks in advance for the help

Can you switch out the GPU and test it on a friend's machine.If they don't have a sufficiently powerful PSU you can take yours along too.

As to buying a new GPU I am in the same boat as you and I would suggest to wait for the RX470 which should be close to your budget.I myself am waiting for the RX 480.The RX470 should be around 149 USD which should be in your price range keeping the Indian hike in mind.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/weve-got-an-idea-of-how-fast-the-radeon-rx-470-is/

before you spend money...
take out all the ram modules and gpu and clean the gold contacts with a soft eraser.
also check if all power connections for the hdd and mobo are well seated.
it could also just be an issue with dust or bad drivers. since the gpu isn't recognized.

also, if you're testing the gpu on a friends machine then take the ram dimms too and try those out as well.
if your cpu+mobo has it's own onboard vga solution then completely remove the gpu and try booting with that.

Back