Graphic Cards Graphic card problem?

claytonyu

Recruit
Not sure if its the monitor or video card that has a problem.

This has happened to my desktop PC many times already. While using the computer, the monitor would just disconnect (not shut down) and turn black. After restart,the monitor returns back to normal. After a few minutes then the screen turns black again. I doubt that the monitor has connection problems, probably the video card?

Is your system.going into sleep or suspend mode? Check your Os power settings. Sometimes system isnt able to wake up and you end up with hard reboot.

Is your system.going into sleep or suspend mode? Check your Os power settings. Sometimes system isnt able to wake up and you end up with hard reboot.
I don’t think it’s a sleep or suspend issue, from his post, the monitor turns off when the PC is in use. It should be a graphics card issue, did u check the temperature of the GPU? If not, monitor the GPU temperature once you turn on the PC, untill it turn out; dusty or faulty fan in the GPU could cause the issue!!

Press num lock button and see if the light is blinking or not. If there is no response then surely your PC is stuck and possibly it could be your GPU.

Could be gpu but are you getting any vertical lines or just complete black screen?
Did you update your driver recently?
Remove your gpu and run the computer without it, assuming your cpu has integrated graphics and see if you get same problem or does it work normally for hours without it.

If your pc works fine without gpu then you can start pointing out the problem, being honest with you it can be anything and not just gpu. Bad psu can cause that and even bad ram.

How old is your card and which is it?

Even I had this problem, Please do the following, This does not guarantee that your problem will be solved,

Do the below, This is to change your power settings in Control Panel so that your screen, computer and that your hard drive does not go to sleep after a certain period of time.

Step1.jpg
Step2.png
Step3.jpg
step4.jpg

Back