Graphic Cards Graphic card for 3k budget

Those cards don't fall within your 3k budget and even if they did you would get an early display of Diwali fireworks from your iBull PSU :p
Why don't you just open a site like flipkart and check which graphics cards fall in your budget? Here's the price for the 680.

Those cards don't fall within your 3k budget and even if they did you would get an early display of Diwali fireworks from your iBull PSU :p
Why don't you just open a site like flipkart and check which graphics cards fall in your budget? Here's the price for the 680.
Free fireworks..Lol...:)
Do I sum up (1) In 5k budget, none of Graphic Card could be considerable & compitible enough to Intel D945GCNL (2) instead better to plan for new Lappy (which is due to buy in coming days)

(1) You will not get a high-end card for 5k. Either increase your budget or lower your expectations.
(2) Nobody in this thread recommended a laptop. Point (1) applies to gaming laptops as well. A laptop is going to be even more expensive. Check this Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with a radeon HD 8850M for example. It costs 60k. The Desktop equivalent to this 8850M is the HD 7750 - it costs ~7k. A desktop rig with the HD 7750 card is about 30k : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/help-in-rig.156854

Oops didn't notice the brand. Anyway the card looks like a new replacement. You can ask him to power it on and test that its running. Plus there's an MSI rep on the board who should be able to assist if any issues occur during the warranty period.

Oops didn't notice the brand. Anyway the card looks like a new replacement. You can ask him to power it on and test that its running. Plus there's an MSI rep on the board who should be able to assist if any issues occur during the warranty period.

But will they even honor transferred warranty ? I mean you can't ask for help from company rep. if you purchase item from someone else on which the company has non transferable warranty. It's best to not let them know about such deals :D

@Doremon
what is your budget? and how old is your son?
does he play many modern FPS-es?
your existing setup is a little too old to be used or even modified as a mid or low end gaming setup.
even if you add a GPU, its questionable how the "experience" would be as its performance would be held back by the processor.

i'd suggest the following cheapest but quite powerful enough config

Processor AMD FX 4300/AMD FX 6300 6-7k
Motherboard gigabyte 78 lmt s2 3.1K
GPU Amd HD 7750 5.3K or hd 7770 8k or HD 7790 for 10k
RAM Corsair Value Select 4GB Ram 2.7K
PSU Antec Basiq 450W PSU 2.6k

total about 21K(for hd 7750) or 26K(hd 7790)

Keep your Hard disk, dvd writer, cabinet, and display as they are.
its not worth upgrading them
Hello Doremon
I'd suggest the following changes to the above config considering the recent releases and drop in prices

Processor AMD FX 4300 5.7 K /AMD FX 6300 7.6k
Motherboard gigabyte 78 lmt s2 3.2K
GPU sapphire r7 250 6.3K / Zotac 750Ti 10.6K
RAM Corsair Value Select 4GB Ram 2.7K
PSU Seasonic Eco 500 3.4k

optional
CoolerMaster Elite 311 for 2.4K

Last edited:
Back