Graphic Cards Graphic card for 3k budget

ok, I choose HD5670 with 2GBRAM.
Local Technicain said HD5670 with 1GB RAM can only be option, in view of system spec! 2 GB Graphic card wont work.
He also recommend Nividia 2 series card... (forgot number he told)..

So now you have the option of 5670 and a 1 GB RAM extra.First buy GPU, play games on it with 1 GB RAM. Then get a 1 Gb RAM stick to check. Now run the same game with 2 GB RAM. Notice the improvement. If its significant, you know what to do.
All this would easily come under 3000
U mean, adding 1GB RAM to my PC through 1 GB RAM stick via USB mode.
I understood as: 1GB System (existing) RAM + 1 GB RAM Stick (via USB) = 2 GB RAM effectively.
Correct me if I wrong, as I noob ..[DOUBLEPOST=1393653911][/DOUBLEPOST]ok, towards decision finally...
- going for min. 2 gb .. Final.
- HD 5770 or HD 5670 or R7240 ddr5? - which 1 should I go? Also, propogate in mind non Nividia Force option here?

Sounds like, 'M doing too much detailing...:depressed::)

Last edited:
Local Technicain said HD5670 with 1GB RAM can only be option, in view of system spec! 2 GB Graphic card wont work.
What :confused: Please stop listening to your technician, he is confusing you more.
There are 2 sets of RAM. One for your CPU. One on your graphics card. Each one has nothing to do with the other. There is no reason a 2GB VRAM graphics card won't work, but its not useful in an entry level card and is usually clocked slower.

CPU RAM:
R9enteO.png

GPU RAM (VRAM) - highlighted in red:
Z1F41uD.jpg

U mean, adding 1GB RAM to my PC through 1 GB RAM stick via USB mode.
I understood as: 1GB System (existing) RAM + 1 GB RAM Stick (via USB) = 2 GB RAM effectively.
He's asking you to add a 1GB RAM stick, not a USB stick.

RAM stick:
R9enteO.png

USB stick:
C6WQDt3.png

Adding one more RAM stick to your setup :

IysLtVx.jpg

Sorry I couldnt reply for some reason.
Yeah I was saying 2 GB RAM. And R7 240 is a low end card. Dont take it.
According to your PSU rating, I dont think you can run 5770 smoothly. Your only option is 5670

Get a used RAM. I have not seen any problems with RAM ever. Although they do occur but rarely
For the GPU, it's hard to find 5670 in stock anywhere although I found it on 1 or 2 sites, it is also not advisable to get it new. Get a used 5670 with warranty remaining.

One more link comparing the R7 240 GDDR3 vs the 6670 GDDR3, showing the R7 240 is faster : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-240-and-250,3717-10.html
They haven't compared the GDDR5 version of the R7 240 but if the GDDR3 benchmarks and the R7 250 benchmarks (which is an upscaled 240) are any indication, it should be faster again. In any case I think both cards are 5k+ leaving the OP with no budget for RAM.

Last edited:
^^^^ Image from your link
Avg-Perf.png

The DDR3 6670 above is 1 GB while the R7 240 DDR3 is 2 gigs so obviously it would have a little edge over 6670 so it is not fair to say that it is faster than 6670. I dont know what to say about the DDR5 version. I am skeptical after seeing the youtube videos containing R7 240 playing high-end games. But I wont take chances getting a new card while I can pay half the price on a used card and get same or even more performance
I know he shows the benchmarks at 1080p but still, its a low end card. Period

Last edited:
^ No offense, but you need to pick your sources better - a R7 240 'review' comparing it with a HD 7770? Wheres the 6670 in his comparison? What version of the R7 240 is he using- GDDR3 or GDDR5? He's ranting about ALL low end video cards and he will do the same with the 6670. Yes the R7 240 is low end, and so is the 6670.
P.s.: 2GB is not going to make a difference on a 'low end card'

But I wont take chances getting a new card while I can pay half the price on a used card and get same or even more performance
Thats what the OP is asking - please show him where he can get a used 6670 for 3k?

^ No offense, but you need to pick your sources better - a R7 240 'review' comparing it with a HD 7770? Wheres the 6670 in his comparison? What version of the R7 240 is he using- GDDR3 or GDDR5? He's ranting about ALL low end video cards and he will do the same with the 6670. Yes the R7 240 is low end, and so is the 6670.
P.s.: 2GB is not going to make a difference on a 'low end card'

Thats what the OP is asking - please show him where he can get a used 6670 for 3k?
First thing, I recommended him 5670 from my 2nd msg and have stood by it because of budget issues.
Second, in the links that I posted I only showed him that R7 240 is not better than 6670. Which I might be wrong but the image from your posted link doesnt prove it.
Third, I didnt suggest him 6670 or R7 240. Some one else did. Also some have suggested 7750, 7790, 260x which I dont think you will get anywhere near the price of a 5670. I dont think you saw those suggestions.
About getting 6670 in 3k, it is possible. Someone on erodov was selling 5770 in 3500 a few days back so its pretty much possible to get 6670 in 3k. But then again, I didnt suggest him 6670.
And where can you get him a R7 240 DDR5 in 3k?

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...gb-gddr5-vs-radeon-hd-6670-sapphire-1gb-gddr5
http://www.hwcompare.com/15162/radeon-hd-6670-oem-1gb-vs-radeon-r7-240/
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=Radeon HD 6670

^ Firstly, unless you're a newbie, stop using those comparison sites. You cannot blindly compare specs across GPUs when they're not the same architecture.

Secondly people are not saying the OP must get the R7 240, but only trying to correct your incorrect statement that the 6670 is much better than the R7 240, based on your reading of such crappy comparison sites. If you want to stay ignorant, thats your choice, but please stop spreading misinformation without proven benchmarks.

Third, I didnt suggest him 6670 or R7 240.
Actually you did suggest the 6670 :
But I wont take chances getting a new card while I can pay half the price on a used card and get same or even more performance
Obviously you are not talking about the 5670 here are you?

About getting 6670 in 3k, it is possible. Someone on erodov was selling 5770 in 3500 a few days back so its pretty much possible to get 6670 in 3k.
The OP is new to graphics cards and you're suggesting a rare possibility. I would also second your idea of getting a used previous gen card, but I cannot see people selling 6670s for 3k. Either link him to something that exists or don't recommend it.

And where can you get him a R7 240 DDR5 in 3k?
Who said that? Not me. Please don't make stupid statements for the sake of proving your point.

Last edited:
^ Firstly, unless you're a newbie, stop using those comparison sites. You cannot compare specs across GPUs when they're not the same design.
Secondly people are trying to correct your incorrect idea that the 6670 is much better than the R7 240 because you're confidently giving suggestions after reading such crappy comparison sites. If you want to stay ignorant thats your choice, but please stop spreading fud.
One thing you tell me so I can know better. Does a 2 gb version of a GPU has no improvement (even 1%) over a 1 gig version of same card? If yes, I would be wrong.

Actually you did suggest the 6670 :
I have written in my previous msg about me suggesting 6670 only in my 1st post and not after that. Check that pls

Obviously you are not talking about the 5670 here are you?
Apologies for not specifying there but I was referring to 5670

The OP is new to graphics cards and you're suggesting a rare possibility. Either link him to something that exists or don't recommend it.
Now it happens to many members that they need something but it is not available for sale at that exact moment. So what to do? Dont consider the possibility that it will be available soon. So why do we have WTB section?

Who said that? Not me. Please don't make stupid statements for the sake of proving your point.
For the line that I wrote before and I quote here
"But I wont take chances getting a new card while I can pay half the price on a used card and get same or even more performance"
Apologies again but I was referring to 5670 and not 6670 and I should have mentioned it but as I suggested him 5670 over 6670 I thought he would get it. Sorry for that
and although I did say that 6670 can be had for 3k but check my posts, I never told him to get it.

ws13t.jpg

Last edited:
Referring to link, DDR3 version of R7 240 performs better than 6670. Hence one can safely assume same to be true for DDR5 version.

Now source of finding one is needed. Given a budget of 5000, if 500-600 are accounted for used 1GB RAM, ~4500 left for buying GPU - which is again not sufficient to get a new one. I searched in TE Market and couple of other forums but nothing decent is available. There is a fan-less 6790 for 4000 but again getting a fan fixed on it by OP is a bit of daunting task for him considering post in this thread regarding his technician. As of now OP need to create a WTB thread for GPUs like 6670, 6770.

Referring to link, DDR3 version of R7 240 performs better than 6670. Hence one can safely assume same to be true for DDR5 version.

Now source of finding one is needed. Given a budget of 5000, if 500-600 are accounted for used 1GB RAM, ~4500 left for buying GPU - which is again not sufficient to get a new one. I searched in TE Market and couple of other forums but nothing decent is available. There is a fan-less 6790 for 4000 but again getting a fan fixed on it by OP is a bit of daunting task for him considering post in this thread regarding his technician. As of now OP need to create a WTB thread for GPUs like 6670, 6770.

Even I checked for it but not able to find a relevant card at the moment. Anyway, isnt 6770 a little too much for his SMPS considering it to be of iball and 250W only?

To Doremon :- You could try olx, quikr etchttp://www.techenclave.com/community/members/doremon.27199/

Back