Graphic Cards GPU query--- Huge electricity bills

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I own a Asus GT9 690

To my observation what I think is my electricity bills are getting high. Can my gpu be blamed for that?

I also didnt game in June and my bills were low but also my pc usage was low during that period.

Last month in July I used my pc 5 days a week for 6-8-hours (for general light use like browsing, downloads, online movies, music etc) and gpu power usage was just 11-18% and my bills still came high.

upload_2018-8-1_14-10-40.png

upload_2018-8-1_14-15-31.png

My gpu is running is 10/10 condition no bsods or any freeze issues as well.

I zeroed down to my gpu as I dont have A/c, Washing machine, Geyser etc electricity eating gadgets.

how many unit are your getting per month ? and check the meter if someone is stealing your electricity outside and were your do stay at which place home or rent

and how many unit are your getting per month ? and check the meter daily how many usage per day

Unit depends and variates from 110 - 140. Dont know who is the culprit. But one things sure, once I up the usage of my desktop, units gonna shoot up.

Also, does defrosting refrigerator as often has any effect on unit consumption?

Last edited:
Quick search for "690 power consumption" does suggests that your gpu is massive power guzzler. I compared it to a gtx 750 "750 power consumption"

Edit: Your gpu is much more powerful than a 750

This smacks of stupidity, if I may say so. If your usage was less on the GPU ie gaming, then there is genuine reason for your device to consume excess power.

I would first check the PSU and device settings. Is the PSU rates for higher power savings ie efficiency? If yes, then blame shifts on the computer. Is your device set deliberately/unknowingly to be on full blast irrespective of load? Check for any miners which might be running the GPU on full blast. If the issue is with some power settings on the computer, you need to check that as well.

Psu is Antec /modular/ gold rated/ 85%+ efficiency and a new one so no question of psu.

Nope system isnt made to throttle on full load if it ever was my temps would had been al time high. No issues with system operation or any such hardware.

This is rolf: mining... nobody connects to my system remotely and does mining shit else it would had be either just mining or me using my system

Some power setting?? I have disabled EPU & TPU settings long ago. Could that be the reason????

Back