All OS Google Play Store starts selling music in India

6pack

ex-Mod
Can see items listed for sale in the music section in Google play Store.

Screenshot_2016-09-28-10-33-09.png

Edit: Seems its for all OS. Songs can be downloaded to pc, Android, iOS & Windows devices and played back. Mo mention of bitrate.

Screenshot_2016-09-28-16-40-55.png

Last edited:
Yes, they have started. I am a bit surprised by the pricing, which is more than others, but I will now change my play region from US to India.

Hoping they give the family music option here - for say 1K per month (15$ ~ 1.05K)

Does it make sense to subscribe since there are add supported music programs like saavn, gaana, wynk etc,? moreover Jio Music is free and songs can be downloaded enabling offline play

Yes, they have started. I am a bit surprised by the pricing, which is more than others, but I will now change my play region from US to India.

Hoping they give the family music option here - for say 1K per month (15$ ~ 1.05K)

1k?? i have apple music for ~120 a month!

Does it make sense to subscribe since there are add supported music programs like saavn, gaana, wynk etc,? moreover Jio Music is free and songs can be downloaded enabling offline play

i have subscribed to apple music for a year now and i am a happy camper as i can score obscure music on demand, download, listen, store if i like delete if i like etc. worth it to me!! i dont think the free providers can match google and apple in terms of music collections thanks to their licensing and financial powers!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no subscription service here. It's just buy individual songs or full albums.

^In the USA, its 15 USD with sharing upto 5 other accounts. Which is nice, but I dont think they can match 120 INR!

Just realised that India store does not have TV, not going to port Play A/C to India :p

Well, if you look at it overall, yes. But if you dont want to pay, then no.

I find that Play Music is one of the best for music. Our Indian counterparts? Not so much. Plus, we did a little 'behind the scenes' on Saavn, found that it uses pirated MP3 sources :p[DOUBLEPOST=1475116519][/DOUBLEPOST]^And ad free youtube. Yes, you can use adblockers to get the same effect, but I dont think thats ethical, especially for such as service which is really good.

guys,how exactly do artists earn money by selling songs in india.i mean albums are 150rs rather then 10usd and apple music is mere 120!

and secondly wont it invite westerners to use vpn ??

Well, if you look at it overall, yes. But if you dont want to pay, then no.

I find that Play Music is one of the best for music. Our Indian counterparts? Not so much. Plus, we did a little 'behind the scenes' on Saavn, found that it uses pirated MP3 sources :p[DOUBLEPOST=1475116519][/DOUBLEPOST]^And ad free youtube. Yes, you can use adblockers to get the same effect, but I dont think thats ethical, especially for such as service which is really good.

Whatttt??? Saavn uses Pirated MP3? How come they are not sued by any music company?

1k?? i have apple music for ~120 a month!

From what I recall, because its a "sub" service, tracks downloaded from Apple Music directly (excluding "matched" tracks from self owned CD's) were DRM protected. Is this still the case? Curious to know as this is why I never opted for the service.

From what I recall, because its a "sub" service, tracks downloaded from Apple Music directly (excluding "matched" tracks from self owned CD's) were DRM protected. Is this still the case? Curious to know as this is why I never opted for the service.
Apple Music is drm free from years back.

So you're saying I can sign up for Apple Music, take a sub, download songs to my PC using the service, burn them to a CD and play them in my car audio player? Would greatly appreciate if you could confirm this.

Because if you can't do the above, files downloaded via the service (excluding self owned "matched" tracks) are in fact DRM protected...

Last edited:
So you're saying I can sign up for Apple Music, take a sub, download songs to my PC using the service, burn them to a CD and play them in my car audio player? Would greatly appreciate if you could confirm this.

Because if you can't do the above, files downloaded via the service (excluding self owned "matched" tracks) are in fact DRM protected...

Ummmm

The subscription will not allow you to download and burn a disc, AFAIK.

But still, as I checked, 120/month and 190/month (for family - 6 a/c) is pretty cheap. Must recommend!

Now Google will have to bring it at par :p

An Apple Music subscription (Monthly) will give you access to stream all the music on its service, not download it. If you want to download it, you have to buy it (Similar to Google Play Store)

An Apple Music subscription (Monthly) will give you access to stream all the music on its service, not download it. If you want to download it, you have to buy it (Similar to Google Play Store)
incorrect.u can ADD music to your library and download it .BUT it will be in m4p format.

update-the music will play fine on ios/mac/itunes on windows but not on any ipod (non touch)

Last edited:
Back