google pixel a flop in india ?

from launch at 57k a few mnths ago to now avail for 45k odd. early buyers must be feeling dumb. havent seen samsung/apple drop their prices so quick like for the pixel if im correct. High price tag for a phone with no real differentiater or usp was always gonna be tough i guess.

from launch at 57k a few mnths ago to now avail for 45k odd. early buyers must be feeling dumb. havent seen samsung/apple drop their prices so quick like for the pixel if im correct. High price tag for a phone with no real differentiater or usp was always gonna be tough i guess.

Where is it listed for 45k?

Pixel what's usp of that phone and very very few android devices with specific usp can sell above 50000.
Pixel is flop and majority of androids are flopped if priced above 50000

umm, that's not Google slashing the prices. Nor is a PayTM sale any kind of an indicator of phone success or failure. PayTM is paying out of its pocket to market the device, this is known as cost of acquisition.

There were multiple ads in the newspapers in the past few days stating there is 10K cashback if we pay with cards (not from PayTM). I think those were directly from the manufacturer.

nexus was popular because of its latest high end hardware and reasonable price (or even cheap price for the specifications). And ofcourse vanilla android, dev support for roms etc. But with pixel, price segment is completely changed.

Apple can sell their stuff at their prices just because there is nobody to compete really with similar specifications and os. If os and hardware platform were open, situation would have been different for ios devices also. For android all the mfgs have almost same specs now (in each category). So if one company is asking way too much premium, it wont sell because there is equivalent option in the market. Thats why xioami is breaking sales records so much.

Indeed a flop phone, Have a Pixel XL lying unused around 10 days old, Tried selling it for 50k and really no one is buying it...
why did you buy it then ? i just checked price of pixel xl 32gb and its for 67k!!! so much money and you still get 32gb non expandable. dunno why anyone would buy this over the s7 edge 128gb at 55k which is dual sim n expandable to 256 gb more.

why did you buy it then ? i just checked price of pixel xl 32gb and its for 67k!!! so much money and you still get 32gb non expandable. dunno why anyone would buy this over the s7 edge 128gb at 55k which is dual sim n expandable to 256 gb more.
Was a gift, Even tried to return it to the shop it was purchased from but no luck.

I don't know whether or not Google will abandon it in future or not, but its the BEST phone available on the market, period. Is 67k a high price? Of course it is! Then again at what price S7, S7E, Note 7 launched?

Have never been so happy with a phone, a complete package, not a perfect package but none are.

It isn't a whopping success anywhere imho! India has not been a good market for it because of the price. Android in India means cheaper smartphones that people can use for a year or two and switch. The price is a big factor. The phone itself is phenomenal but the price isn't. OP3t is a great smartphone that can be considered as a better choice.

My OPO has started randomly rebooting this past week. No new roms or apps installed. Maybe it is telling me to look at the op3 :D

Obvious again. Comparing Pixel with S7 or V20 is a pure comedy.
lol why are you so bitter ?
Also what exactly is so groundbreaking about the pixel Xl vs a S7edge/iphone 7 plus that makes it a utter crap phone acc to you. because majority would think otherwise. whats so tasteful about the pixel ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back