Google Announces Nexus 5 At $349, Coming Soon To India At Rs 28,999

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Google has finally announced its long rumored Nexus 5 which is manufactured by LG and runs latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS. The Nexus 5 comes in White and Black color variants and starts at $349 on the Play Store.

The specs doesn't surprise us as they have leaked countless times already. The device packs Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC with 2.2GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor and 2GB of RAM.

It gets a 4.95 inch Full HD 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 3 edge to edge glass which is said to be very impressive.

There is 8MP rear camera with added Optical Image Stabilization and LED flash. Front facing camera has 1.3MP sensor.

Connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.0 ,NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11ac , LTE , 3G and A-GPS. It also comes with wireless charging support. There is 2000mAh battery on both 16GB and 32GB models.

Google is launching the Nexus 5 on Play Store in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan and Korea today.

Google has also said that the device is "coming soon" to India . The Nexus 5 is already listed on Play Store in India at Rs 28,999 which is a very decent price for this beast.

So are you buying it?

Via

Attachments

• Google-Nexus-5-Official-press-image.jpg
    Google-Nexus-5-Official-press-image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Nexus-5-India1.jpg
    Nexus-5-India1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 139
It's pricey tbh. Still I am making choice. I think buying from India will be much better, which will come with warranty ofc.

yeah ... looks a bit pricey . How much will it cost , if a friend buys a 32gb for me from the US and brings it when he comes back ?
Escaping curreny fees , customs , etc ? Any idea?

yeah ... looks a bit pricey . How much will it cost , if a friend buys a 32gb for me from the US and brings it when he comes back ?
Escaping curreny fees , customs , etc ? Any idea?
Have to throw or hide Box and original packaging, if caught there will be a penalty and 35% customs duty.

talked to the guy , he told me 32 GB will be 400$ + 10% taxes = 440$ + shipping ,etc
Think the price difference will be 5k INR . Gonna buy it from here itself . :)
So a friend can't buy a phone as a gift from there when he comes back?

Back