GoDaddy shared hosting issue - what are my options?

cool_dude

Disciple
I have created an ASP.net Web API application. This application has an API that communicates with Google API and returns a result. Now, the issue is, when I run my application locally, it runs fine. Google returns me a response and I can process it. But when I host this application on my shared Windows hosting server at GoDaddy, this call fails. It simply fails, there is no error. I talked to their customer support team and they are saying that they do not allow third party API calls from a shared Windows hosting server. Now, what are my options? Can I get a cheap hosting plan that has this facility? Or getting VPS hosting is my only option?

Dude, move out of GoDaddy, look at other options. Apart from that, look at the logs and you will get an idea of why the API call is blocked.
Any good Windows shared hosting options other than GoDaddy? Please don't suggest DigitalOcean or Vultr or Google cloud or AWS or Azure. Their droplets are cheap but they charge about 15$ for a Windows server image per month! And I cannot convert my ASP.net application to a Node.js or PHP application, that will take me a lot of time.

Back