God of War: Ascension - Discussion Thread

eagerly waiting for this one....

not sure if you have edited the speedtest image in your signature
rolleye17.gif

hopefully since its a prequel we can hope that it will release this year.So many prequels man i got really mixed feelings about this.on one hand i am a bit pissed that i will have to wait to see what happened after the last god of war and on the other hand i am happy that i will be atleast getting a god of war to play.

^That's what i'm counting on also I don't think it'll suck if they are releasing another GOW even when the story has ended then i think they must have planned pretty well for it.
happy19.gif

http://gamerxchange....-live-april-30/

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Just a little over one week ago, PlayStation’s Santa Monica Studios revealed the latest installment in the hit God of War franchise, God of War: Ascension. While we did get a teaser trailer and a brief synopsis of the game indicating that it will be a prequel to the series, little else was revealed.[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Tomorrow morning April 30 at 11 AM EST, PlayStation is hosting a live streaming Q & A session along with showing some debut game footage from the upcoming PlayStation 3 title.[/font]

Multiplayer gameplay:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHtt9sUtw4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Multiplayer? Why the hell does a God of War game need MP?

IGN Interview:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDhJYooJYI&feature=player_embedded[/media]

MP Explained:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyv80g1yD4&feature=player_embedded[/media]

God of War Ascension first details: 'Epic' multiplayer confirmed

As expected Sony's released the first God of War: Ascension details, with a live web stream due to happen later this afternoon.

God of War: Ascension Screenshot Developed by Sony Santa Monica and with no confirmed release date, Ascension expands the God of War series into multiplayer gaming, USA Today has confirmed.Playable by up to eight players, the game's multiplayer mode has two teams competing against each other to defeat a large God of War-worthy boss for victory.Multiplayer kicks off with players creating their own Spartan warrior, with the choice to worship one of four gods; Zeus, Poseidon, Hades or Aries. Each god grants specific special abilities, weapons and armour, and as you battle you gain experience points to grant more abilities for your warrior.

Each player is equipped with Kratos' trademark Blades of Chaos, though various different swords, hammers and spears become available through levelling up.The level shown to US press featured the 'Domination' game mode, with two teams of four battling a large cyclops to gain access to the Spear of Olympus, with the camera zooming to individual "visceral battles," says USA Today."In one, two warriors who look like cousins of Kratos disembowel an enemy and his innards flow out. Later, one combatant cleaves an opponent in half from head to thorax," it adds. Ouch.

"Eventually, the dominating team turns their attention to the Cyclops, attach some chains to restrain it and one leaps to put out its eye. 'The whole idea behind it is that we want to bring the big moments to multiplayer,' game director Todd Papy said after the demonstration."

Between five and seven different multiplayer maps will be included in the final game, along with several different modes. And before you ask, no... Kratos is not playable. Hit the link for the first

Source: Computerandvideogames

Screenshots:

50907723.jpg

84650461.jpg

54837903.jpg

93218690.jpg

38461363.jpg

Multiplayer shows two things

1.Either they are not confident about the success of the single player.

2.They wanted to make something which would surpass all the previous gow titles.Such that it meets or exceeds the expectation of the people.

God of War Ascension to be a 'little shorter' than what's gone before.

God of War Ascension is to feature 4v4 multiplayer, but how will that affect the expected single-player campaign? According to game director Todd Pappy, the team is "definitely going full force with both."

In terms of game length, Pappy admits that the game might be a little shorter than what's come before from the series.

"We're talking just a little bit shorter," Pappy told Eurogamer. "We've mapped out everything and given time estimates. It'll be pretty damn close."

Kratos will be the youngest we've ever seen him, with the development team attempting to "bring more of the humanity back".

Anyone concerned that the game won't be able to live up to the visual standards set by God of War 3 needn't be worried - according to Pappy the opening 20 minutes will blow you away.

"We always strive to [top ourselves]," said Pappy. "Personally I think what we've got in the opening 20 minutes of this game will blow people away."

Single-player God of War Ascension is yet to be revealed, with Sony focusing on the new 4v4 multiplayer game mode. The game is due for release on PlayStation 3 in 2013.

Source: Videogamer

Well, there you have it folks. Straight from the horse's mouth. I have a bad feeling about this.
<

Really? I dunno why but i have a good feeling about this game.[Singleplayer] I would love to play it and get to know more about Kratos's past. Kratos and Ezio are my Top most fav. Characters.
<

Back