God of War: Ascension - Discussion Thread

Re: God of War 4 in development?

I am hoping that there would be each title for PS3 and NGP respectively .

They could probably remake an HD version of the PSP titles (Chains of Olympus & Ghost of Sparta), if that's even possible. Now that would be something. :)

jojothedragon said:
^Would be awesome for future psp device(NGP) owners. :D

Yep. With additional hardware power, Ready at Dawn could possibly create a new GOW game for NGP exclusively, while the PSP titles could be ported to PS3. But that's just a wishful thought. :(

Job listing says Sony Santa Monica working on “God Of War” | VG247

VG247 said:
A job listing by Sony Santa Monica Studios has said it’s working on a new God of War title.

The listing posted in search of a “Senior Staff Concept Artist” says the role if for a project called “God of War,” and has the following description: “Join the GOW team! The Santa Monica Studio is an open and creative environment, where we strive to make the best games in the industry. Join us as we embark on our next project.”

Earlier this year, UK mag PSM3 carried a rumour claiming the next God of War title will be releasing in 2012.

Sony Santa Monica posted another job listing earlier this year looking for a “senior online programmer” for the “God of War team.”

A ray of hope.

Re: God of War IV in development?

I am not expecting any God of war IV till 2013-2014.It will come but on PS4.Next E3 i am expecting a teaser for the new God of war game.

IGN said:
God of War IV's release date may have been outed. New Zealand retailer MightyApe has listed the game with an estimated release date of September 28, 2012.

Report: God of War IV May Come September 2012 - PS3 News at IGN

I get a feeling this might actually turn out to be true. Get this - GOW was out in March 2005, GOW II in March 2007 and GOW III in March 2010. Considering the game is indeed being developed for the PS3 now, the devs. need not work on a new engine considering GOW III was well optimised for the console or develop it from scratch for a new console either. E3 2012 seems to be the only hope now.

And looks like someone badly modified the GOW III wiki's reception section! For a moment I thought I was in a wrong page. :p

167714ebde389465b0.jpg

Gannu said:

I get a feeling this might actually turn out to be true. Get this - GOW was out in March 2005, GOW II in March 2007 and GOW III in March 2010. Considering the game is indeed being developed for the PS3 now, the devs. need not work on a new engine considering GOW III was well optimised for the console or develop it from scratch for a new console either. E3 2012 seems to be the only hope now.

And looks like someone badly modified the GOW III wiki's reception section! For a moment I thought I was in a wrong page. :p

167714ebde389465b0.jpg

2012 is indeed looking better than 2011 now <3

I'm betting that whoever modified the page is an xBot !

Gannu said:

167714ebde389465b0.jpg

Hahahaha...Awesome....Hell i went directly to wikipedia to see whether it was there or not....but naa it is not...haha seriously Hilarious..! :lol:

^Guys behind Wiki do a really awesome job to keep such pricks at bay. The slightest editing to any article is reported to them and they check for valid citations. If not found, they send a warning sorts to the IP address. At my workplace, many seem to edit these articles related to mechanical engineering and material sciences, and since we share a common IP, I get to see the warning many a times.

But seriously that was some disastrous editing! I mean GOW 3 was universally panned by critics with a meta score averaging 23%! WTF! :p

On topic, I hope this isn't a GOW being developed for the PS Vita. :/

So if they have started development now, I'd expect its release by 2013-14, probably as launch title for PS4.

GoW3 maxed the PS3 to its absolute limits :

godofwariii-finalbosskq8ia.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Y2f30.jpg

There's nothing more they can do on the PS3 imo.

I'm also playing through Collections again and GoW1 also looks brilliant on the PS3 (those 720p boobs :3). The gameplay textures end up making the CG cutscenes look like something from 90's.

The Gods have finally spoken! :eek:hyeah:

167714f03cd898f858.jpg

Joystiq said:
Update: Sony tells us, "We do not comment on rumors or speculation about our products."

Update 2: Timothy Williams confirmed as accurate the listing to Joystiq and Explained That he is "working on it in the capacity of Additional orchestrations and some music," but wanted to note That Tyler Bates is the "main composer" and Should Be listed as such. Bates had yet to return request for comment as of this update.

Composer confirms work on 'God of War IV' [update] | Joystiq

#eggman GOW I and II have been remastered for the PS3 and is available in a single blu-ray disc. If you are interested in the storyline as to know why Kratos the protagonist of the series, takes revenge against the gods, you should be attempting the first 2 titles IMO. If this is going to be attempted to purely kill time, you can skip it.

I'm halfway into GOW 2 left it since i couldn't complete one of the levels and then holiday season started.I hear GOW2 being best in the series I'm halfway in the game doesn't like it to me.

Back