God of War: Ascension - Discussion Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
God of War IV - Discussion Thread

Sweet mother of lord, is this thing for real?
<

CVG said:
Sound designer Steve Johnson has two separate titles listed on his Linked In CV alongside other notable Sony exclusives that he has worked on such as Twisted Metal 4, inFamous, Warhawk and God of War III.

With the God of War series coming out of the studio entirely, we don't think it's too outlandish to add fuel to the God of War 4 in light of this, especially since respected unofficial PlayStation mag, PSM3 was tipped off in April that God of War 4 is in development and will be released in September 2012.

Source: News: Sony readying 2 new PS3 exclusives from God Of War studio - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Here're the excerpts from an older news which we apparently missed.

CVG said:
God of War 4 is in development and will be released in September 2012, according to respected unofficial PlayStation mag, PSM3.

Last month a CV appeared online referencing a "God of War 4 cinematic test" and although the animator in question has since claimed this has nothing to do with Sony's flagship series, in its latest issue, PSM3 says it's learnt more...

"PSM3 has heard from another source that God of War 4 is coming, and will hit in September 2012," the mag reports in its latest issue, which is out next week and with subscribers now.

"Our source works closely with the God of War universe, and let slip he'd be working on a related project at the same time."

Source: God of War 4 release date - September 2012 - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

This is so effing unbelievable! I am sure PSM3 doesn't play pranks.
<

Re: God of War 4 in development?

With God of War III's ending being an ambiguous one, one could easily expect another game. Besides Stig said it right from the beginning that this was the end of the trilogy, but the franchise would never end. I mean come on, the series have literally pushed the boundaries of each consoles to a great extent. Let's wait for Santa Monica to reveal some concrete detail.

i had read on TE on GOW IV sometime back with an article link. dont remember which thread or who posted it.

Eagerly awaiting this E3. I really really hope Santa Monica shows some teaser.

All I recall from GOW 3 conclusion is the blood trail into the sea. His fate however was unknown.

Thats interesting.

Will it cover the part after Kratos killed all the gods and there is Chaos everywhere or the part as to how he became a ruthlesss Spartan ... ?

They might show a teaser if there is any in this E3 .

Ethan_Hunt said:
LOL! Gannu, easy on the spoilers dude. :p
Edited my post. And Fenix's as well. :ashamed:

Pretty surprising there are still peeps who are yet to play the title. Nvm.

I'm surprised people are yet to play the first 2 games, leave alone GOW III. I guess with more folks slowly grabbing hold of the PS3, it won't be long before they get to taste all the 3 games. But for people who already have the console and still haven't played it, BOOOOO! :bleh: (and yeah, I'm looking at you, Spacey).

This shouldn't come as a surprise. Its the best selling exclusive that Sony has, ending it would have been stupid.

Gannu said:
Edited my post. And Fenix's as well. :ashamed:

Pretty surprising there are still peeps who are yet to play the title. Nvm.

Thnx for editing .

Ethan_Hunt said:
I'm surprised people are yet to play the first 2 games, leave alone GOW III. I guess with more folks slowly grabbing hold of the PS3, it won't be long before they get to taste all the 3 games. But for people who already have the console and still haven't played it, BOOOOO! :bleh: (and yeah, I'm looking at you, Spacey).
About to complete God of War 1 and its awesome.

hellgate said:
hahahahahaha

:rofl:

Would have loved to see ur face :p
Grr.. good thing i am not a mod cuz it cud well have been that i would have infracted every single person gloating about that slip up of Gannu (him included).. :cursing:

This spoiler revealing thing has to stop. Ever since 50 first dates' dialogue about Bruce Willis .. it has become a rather regular and a nagging affair :mad:

I have a solution for you. Play the game! Dude it's been close to a year since it has released, you have the PS3, what's stopping you? :p

I assume you played the previous 2 titles, yes? (Please say YES)

YEP.

But something or the other comes up and delays the GoW3. The button mashing gameplay has taken a backseat and games like Batman, and AC2 been ruling the roost with Sly Cooper 2 taking the Lion's share of the time. Once i finish these off, will proceed to Kratos with the feeling of pt IV being in the works.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I have a solution for you. Play the game! Dude it's been close to a year since it has released, you have the PS3, what's stopping you? :p

I assume you played the previous 2 titles, yes? (Please say YES)
Played GOW 3 last year itself , GOW 1 is nearing completion.

I thought Sony was about to wrap this as a trilogy or maybe our man Kratos will find himself washed ashore in some other location - and battle the Norse or the Egyptians. :p :ashamed:

dinjo said:
Played GOW 3 last year itself , GOW 1 is nearing completion.
Awesome! The way it is meant to be played. :lol:

I have played every GOD game and completed them all (with the exception of GOW3 which i am currently playing and will complete it soon) this is really one of the best news of all times for me!

But do you think Kratos will be the lead again?

Its one of the best news for gamers this year apart form UC3.

The ending of the GOW III is nothing if not ambiguous. So there is a very healthy chance that the mighty Kratos might again be at the helm of one of the best possible adventures around. Fingers Crossed.

Back