Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 RMA Experience

rahulyo

Skilled
Hello friends ....

I Gave my Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev 2.1 to Accel frontline Nashik forRMA on 8 dec 2012. I got call from Accel on 25 dec 2012, He said that "ur mobo arrived pls come n take it " . So i went to Accel frontline Nashik center .They put UD5 in front of me, That mobo is Not sealed. Just wrapped in plastic bag .I took it out from the bag, it looks Old, dusty ,PCB bent , back panel SPDIF port bent . So i didnt accept it . Accel sent taht mobo to RMA (Rerma) .
Till now i don't have any clue about the mobo .

Today i called Accel frontline he said tht " I dnt knw whr is ur mobo ? whn i get will call u "

Call id :- GBTADE120000017DW.

Pics of mobo :-

So can anyone help me regarding this matter ?

http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/lo-ki-build-log-128196/

See a few posts down. This is quite normal for Gigabyte mobos. Basically the entire I/O near the top of the board is rendered useless after you install it the I/O plate.

I used Flipkart for the return process so it took a long time but I got a brand new sealed mobo, not a refurb. I had to communicate with Gigabyte Tech support using their Facebook page and later by private email, but nobody from Gigabyte tech support understood the problem, blaming it on user installation. I assume this is a QC issue with all their motherboards.

Even the new mobo had that bend near the I/O, which I had to manually bend back a bit to allow me to use the board normally.

Replacement Mobo :-

fhIG5l.jpg

LP2zTl.jpg

eCBz1l.jpg

Kw6Vml.jpg

1yl0nl.jpg

aS6qDl.jpg

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

What should i do now ? :(:(:(:(

Bent and dusty is sad but it doesn't matter much for the motherboard as long as it works and doesn't look too obvious either, but that heatsink looks really bad.

I think you should send it back to them saying that because it is bent it didn't work and you'd like another replacement. This is a gamble as they could test it themselves in their own sweet time and then give it back to you in the same sorry condition saying 'sir ji it works' (assuming it works at all) or they could order a better replacement for you and you'd get a better condition motherboard.

I got the call from Mr. Rajendra (Ahamadabad, who called him self a giga's representative ) He said " Company cant give u NEW mobo as replacement , Its not our company's policy . We give new replacement only within 30 days or doa products, after tht u get only OLD product as replacement "

WTF .
upset.gif
upset.gif
upset.gif

Is it true ?

- - - Updated - - -

Bent and dusty is sad but it doesn't matter much for the motherboard as long as it works and doesn't look too obvious either, but that heatsink looks really bad.

I think you should send it back to them saying that because it is bent it didn't work and you'd like another replacement. This is a gamble as they could test it themselves in their own sweet time and then give it back to you in the same sorry condition saying 'sir ji it works' (assuming it works at all) or they could order a better replacement for you and you'd get a better condition motherboard.

If customer pay FULL amount for product thn y he accept old , damaged product as replacement ?

I got 2 times damaged mobo as replacement . My lots of valuable time waste . They mentally harassed me by doing this .

22/1/2013 :-
Today morning at 10.44 am got call from giga . The person who called me was very rude. Blem me tht "u traping us, trying to blackmailing us . No one in India give new replacement product after 2yr . Our company (Gigabyte) not give u any new motherboard as replacement . Take Mobo which i give . " Also said " Y r u Posting on FB ?"

Reply from Gigabyte on FB :-

[h=5]Dear Rahul,

Our sinceremost apologies to you for the issues you must have faced while interacting with GIGABYTE reps.

We are committed to providing you with the same motherboard you'd submitted, after necessary corrections on it - as per our Warranty Policy.

As per our Policy, we offer brand new motherboard as replacement on either 1) within 7 days of purchase date after showing invoice or 2) within Four months since factory ship out date.

Hope you'll be satisfied with this.

Warm regards,
GIGABYTE India Marketing Team
[/h]

So bascially Giga now says that they will only offer refurb boards as RMA returns?

That is just crap. If my mobo dies 10 days after I buy it and it has been mroe than 4 months since factory ship date (usually the case anyway, as we recieve new boards way after most other countries and then again, I could have bought a board from a retailer thats been lying around for a while), then I should be happy with a refurb????

Secondly, I dont think Giga has the right to tell you where to post and where not to. Next time they call tell them to f**k off. Even the government faces flack when it tries to control our freedom of expression.

WTF, is Giga crazy?

Giga, if you are eading this, pull up your socks and learn to respect the customers who give you business.

So bascially Giga now says that they will only offer refurb boards as RMA returns?

That is just crap. If my mobo dies 10 days after I buy it and it has been mroe than 4 months since factory ship date (usually the case anyway, as we recieve new boards way after most other countries and then again, I could have bought a board from a retailer thats been lying around for a while), then I should be happy with a refurb????

Secondly, I dont think Giga has the right to tell you where to post and where not to. Next time they call tell them to f**k off. Even the government faces flack when it tries to control our freedom of expression.

WTF, is Giga crazy?

Giga, if you are eading this, pull up your socks and learn to respect the customers who give you business.

Can u pls post on FB ?

Reply from Gigabyte on FB :-

As per our Policy, we offer brand new motherboard as replacement on either 1) within 7 days of purchase date after showing invoice or 2) within Four months since factory ship out date.

This is true in case of many peripherals.

But gigabyte have started sucking to its core. Have heard such weird complaints off lately.
Now should I say...Rashi serves better than Accel frontline ..atleast they have learnt good lessons :sleep:

This is true in case of many peripherals.

But gigabyte have started sucking to its core. Have heard such weird complaints off lately.
Now should I say...Rashi serves better than Accel frontline ..atleast they have learnt good lessons :sleep:

Ya u r right .

No Progress :(

- - - Updated - - -

To Gigabyte :-

You made me wait for approx 2 months, given me a replacement board with bent pins and Dusty motherboard, being rig-less during that time and wasted money and my time, facing your service agency's rude behaviour and after someone intervened you guys decided to either give my old board after so long or with an option for long with only Rs. 2,200 worth of credit note? What kind of logic is this? I paid for the product- its not a free product. This is not fair and I am posting this in all forums so that people will take some caution while dealing with you.

How can I trust a repair job when the repairs were done while the board is covered with dust? How can I know that you people are buying time for yourself and wasting my time to save your service center's reputation? Its even more shocking that Gigabyte India is actually defending the service center. FYI, Asus has reasonable RMA policy. They have even replaced motherboards that were more than 2-3 months old. Sapphire given me a higher model of the GPU when I RMAed it. So did AMD... so why is Gigabyte being substandard about it?

Got the call from Gigabyte representative . She pressurize me to take an old motherboard . 1st she refused that i got 2 times damaged replacement . When i said have proof thn she said ok ,but take this old motherboard if anything happens in future call me.

I paid full amount for product . Got 2 times damaged product as replacement . After this y i take chance again ?

Back