Monitors Getting a Qnix QX2710 Korean 1440p from Korea. Need help.

coolbird22

Recruit
I'm a PC enthusiast and have been one for the past 20 years owing to my fascination to computers at a very young age. I live at Lamington Road, Mumbai, so you can imagine me taking a walk through the PC market everyday. However, ridiculous pricing of products by the companies in India have just taken the fun out of it now. I'm tired of them treating the Indian markets like a dumping ground by selling discontinued products here at exorbitant rates.

I'm looking at getting a Korean monitor imported as I'm jumping onto the 1440p bandwagon. The monitor in question is here - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pix...E10-2560x1440-Monitor-/111364284557?#shpCntId
This model has been praised by many reviewers on Youtube and also includes more connection ports than the normal solitary DVI-D found on most Korean models, as well as a possibility to overclock the refresh rate to 120Hz. However, I'm not interested in pushing it that high. There is a risky proposition since there are chances of receiving a monitor with dead or stuck pixels and that is just a chance that we have to take, being needy customers. Now, the price point is right in the sweet spot for me, but I'm too damn wary of the custom rates. Reading other threads here states that there is no way to avoid the custom charges, which is such an annoying thing for us enthusiasts.

So my question is this - How do I make sure that I spend the customs, the least amount of my hard earned money ? Some have said that they asked the dealer to mark the item for a lesser value than it is so that the custom charges less. How is that possible ? Won't that get the Korean dealer into some kind of problem as well ? Also, when during the whole process is it possible to tell the dealer to mark the item with a lesser value ?

Any and all help is highly appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to read my heartbreaking views.

Thanks for replying but I'm not looking for a 1080p display, but a 1440p one. Also, I'm not too keen on an Ultrawide one. Also, I needed a 27" screen. I too was considering buying that exact model that you posted, but changed my decision since Ultrawides put more pressure on the GPU as well.

That screen as resolution of 2560 x 1080
worked out for me since I was more concerned about the width then the height.

Anyways, in your case, asking the dealer to markdown the price, can help you ( and it won't hurt the seller), but its a matter of chance with customs to be honest, they can completely ignore the marked price and put say a flat 15k/20k as price and then charge customs on it and you won't have any option other than to pay that amount. So, its a risk, but you might have better chances of paying less if you ask seller to mark it around $150.

Thanks again for replying. I'll ask the seller to markdown the price. Let's see how it goes. Though, I can't order the monitor until I receive my GPU that my friend is sending from the States. I hate waiting :(
Anyway, I'll keep the forum here informed about my experience when it happens so it could help someone else looking to import a Korean monitor.

Update. I found the same model available on Amazon with about $6 USD more than the Ebay site. When I add it to the cart and go to the checkout, it says Free Expedited Shipping and shows nothing for the import fees, as opposed to all the other monitors that I checked doing that with, which were adding about Rs 6000-8000 approx depending on the price of that particular model. So do you think that the import charge will be waved off if I order from Amazon ? The dealer is Ecomade Arena. I'm quite excited at this new development now. Someone kindly share your views.

Update. I found the same model available on Amazon with about $6 USD more than the Ebay site. When I add it to the cart and go to the checkout, it says Free Expedited Shipping and shows nothing for the import fees, as opposed to all the other monitors that I checked doing that with, which were adding about Rs 6000-8000 approx depending on the price of that particular model. So do you think that the import charge will be waved off if I order from Amazon ? The dealer is Ecomade Arena. I'm quite excited at this new development now. Someone kindly share your views.
I have seen that happening, only means amazon is not going to clear the customs for you, so in this case, courier people are going to call you when this happens and involve you in clearing taxes, or they might offer to clear customs for you on your behalf.

So, sorry to disappoint you, but you will still pay customs ;)

I managed to find a Customs Cost Calculator that seems to be doing a wonderful job of calculating how much I will end up paying if I do order it from Ebay.
The site is this > http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-i...on/saved_calculations/view_details/193672850/
In case the link doesn't work, plz chk the attachment. I feel this site would be of quite a lot of help to us here in the forum and should be added as a Sticky post.

According to the site, for the Qnix monitor of about ~Rs.17,500 I would have to end up paying a total of ~Rs.22,300 + Courier Handling charges (?) , with the customs charging about Rs.4,500, however, if I ask the seller to markdown the price at $150 USD instead of $279 USD, and if the customs officers value the content to be of lesser value, I might end up paying lesser than Rs.4,500 to them.

This sounds like a good deal then, but I'm not very certain how accurate this calculator works. Would be awesome if someone could confirm this.
customs.png

I bought Crossover 2795QHD monitor off ebay.com last week and paid 41% Customs charges.
41% charges are applicable to LED monitors imported for personal use.

The Total value is calculated like this:
(Actual product value + 2%)* (35+4.5+1.5)% = Total Custom charges

It came out as 9250/- INR for my monitor which cost me 335$ (22150 INR). :(

The Customs officer told me that the charges are calculated based on the new Standing order.

Last edited:
@takemein - Thanks for sharing your experience. How much did the original monitor cost you, because the price of the monitor is $314.80 USD currently. And 41% customs charge is just too high and to be honest, unlikely.

I asked the dealer of the monitor I'm interested in, about marking the price down, to which they replied that they can undervalue it up to half the value of the item, so for the QNIX one that I want could be marked down to about $138-$140 USD. From what I've read around here in the forum, and according to the duty calculator, the customs would charge about 28% of that which is quite low. Also, marking down an item from its' real value can lead to problems since the courier handler will only give the less quoted amount as damages if it is damaged during the shipping. It is like a double edged sword.

@takemein - Thanks for sharing your experience. How much did the original monitor cost you, because the price of the monitor is $314.80 USD currently. And 41% customs charge is just too high and to be honest, unlikely.

I asked the dealer of the monitor I'm interested in, about marking the price down, to which they replied that they can undervalue it up to half the value of the item, so for the QNIX one that I want could be marked down to about $138-$140 USD. From what I've read around here in the forum, and according to the duty calculator, the customs would charge about 28% of that which is quite low. Also, marking down an item from its' real value can lead to problems since the courier handler will only give the less quoted amount as damages if it is damaged during the shipping. It is like a double edged sword.

As mentioned in my post, the monitor cost me 335$ (22150 INR) and the customs charges at 9256/- INR. It's still a good deal as the monitor came with 0 Deadpixels NO Backlight bleeding and OC upto 100Hz.
Undervaluing is a risky job because i was asked to bring CC statement or any proof of transaction along with the product invoice.
It'll 41% here on or at least that's what they told me.

Also you should Consider Crossover 2795QHD which is currently the only PWM/Flicker Free Overclock-able Matte 1440p AH-IPS monitor available !!!
http://www.overclock.net/t/1555354/...licker-free-overclock-able-matte-1440p-ah-ips

Qnix/X-star monitor uses PWM dimming in the recent batches and not recommended at this point.
http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...best-27-2560x1440p-monitors-ahva-ips-pls.html

Check the links and decide for yourself.

Thanks again for the links and suggestions. Which city did you get your Crossover shipped to ? Were you called to the customs office ? Asking this since the courier usually gets it cleared from the customs and charge the buyer for the customs fees.

Also, why did you not buy the cheaper Crossover 27QHD since the only difference between their specs is actually just that the 2795QHD is 30 cd/m brighter ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pix...942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20db243dfe

I bought it from the below link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321719207934?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Product Link:
http://www.crosslcd.co.kr/main.html?tmp=product&pg=2795QHD

The seller usually ship it via EMS aka Speedpost India. Hence I was called up to the customs office for clearance.
You can ask the seller to ship it via Fedex as well which will take care of the customs clearance and collect it from you at the time of delivery.

The one you're pointing is not guaranteed for OCing. I took the safer bet and ordered the 2795QHD.
http://www.crosslcd.co.kr/main.html?tmp=product&pg=27QHD-AHIPS

What you suggested makes true sense. I'll wait a bit for my bank acc to stabilize, now that the budget has increased from a $279 USD for QNIX to $335 USD for Crossover.

I'm assuming you shipped yours to Mumbai. I asked the seller if I had a choice of asking it to be delivered by Fedex and DHL and they replied saying that they use DHL any way.

Not yet as some unforeseen repairs had to be done at home that put a hold in my plans. It will take me a while now :( But, I'll keep you guys posted on this surely.

Ahhh, I plan to buy a 32" one in a few months, currently on the 27 shimian i got 2-3 yrs back. Customs cost me 4.5k then, delivery and clearance by fedex. It was marked down to 150$ but i don't know if that makes a difference, customs have internet too ya know :)

Last edited:
Yes ! I managed to score a masterstroke. Upon a LOT of discussions with current Crossover monitor owners, I came to a conclusion that the Crossover 27QHD is the same as Crossover 2795QHD, and it is rebranded as the 2795QHD and sold at a higher price. Both overclock just fine, and the only real difference is the abscence OSD in the 27QHD, which is not a dealbreaker to me, while the difference in the price is about $70-85 USD. I bit the bullet and ordered the 27QHD at $265, which came approximately to Rs 18,500, since it also includes Paypals' currency conversion fee. The monitor was dispatched in 12 hours by greensum (Ebay) and was in India in the next 12 hours. There were a ton of updates that I could track on the DHL site when the shipment went from Korea to Hong Kong to Delhi. Once it reached India, the number of updates just diminished. I received a call from a DHL representative stating that I had to upload KYC documents on their site. which I did in the next 3 hours, since I wasn't at home. After I uploaded them, it took DHL 6 hours to approve them, and there was no more update on the shipping on that day. The next early morning, it reached Mumbai and was out for delivery by 9.30 AM, and had me looking out the window for the yellow DHL van. 2 hours later, the van turned the curb and stopped downstairs, and of the delivery guys opened the door and revealed a wonderfully bubble wrapped huge box to my utter surprise. A 27" monitor can be pretty friggin huge for someone used to a 21.5" incher for the past 5 years. I opened the door and waited for the guy to reach. He informed me that I had to make a payment since the customs fee was paid by DHL on my behalf. I was prepared for that, and was expecting a huge amount to be told. I was yet again surprised when the amount turned out to be Rs.2944. This was because I had asked greensum to undervalue it at $150 instead of $265. Total spent = Rs, 21,500. I didn't have the exact change for the custom fee, so I gave 3k to the delivery guy and said he could keep it. I was dizzy with happiness after all. I rush inside and rip off the bubblewrap and open the packing out to reveal the glorious 27" behemoth. At this point, I'm praying to Gabe Newell that the monitor not have any dead/stuck pixels or backlight bleed, or that would just suck and kill the entire mojo after all. The bezels were a bit glossy, and so felt the screen as well, very different from what I was expecting since the listing stated it as a Matte screen. Next, I attach the infamous stand and power it on. Lo and behold, what a sight it was to see. My eyes had an orgasm. The resolution was intense and crisp and I was already in love with it. Next, I checked for dead/stuck pixels and did a few tests and found a total of zero of them. So damn lucky. There also was zero backlight bleed as well. I had scored a wonderful piece after all. I'm not waving my little win in front of everyone here. Just saying that I had a great experience so far. The next thing to obviously do was to check if this monitor was overclockable at all. I powered up the Nvidia control panel and created custom resolutions and went from 60 to 75 to 85 to 96 to 110 to 120 Hz. At 120 Hz, I saw a lot of disturbance noise, so I backed up onto 110Hz which seemed quite stable. I powered up Rocket League and found minor texture flickering which was quite acceptable to me, but surely it cannot be considered to be a stable overclock. I backtracked to 96Hz and it seemed stable at that and I settled for it. It has been 48 hours now with this monitor and I'm in love with it now. Also, I had a visit from the DHL guy today. When I saw him, in my head, all I could think of was, NOOOOO ! YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK FOR WHATEVER REASONS YOU MIGHT HAVE !! Yes, I was paranoid about owning. The guy returned 56 bucks back to me, for which I didn't have change for 2 days ago. Wow ! That was quite something ! Good job delivery guy from DHL !

So, there it is. My half baked fanboy review that I had promised earlier in this thread.
If anyone out there is on the fence about getting one of these bad boys, I'd say GO FOR IT. Luck plays a good part in getting a flaw free monitor and I lucked out this time. I rarely do, so it is a big deal for me.
Ask me any questions that you may have and I'll try to answer them if possible.
For brevity purposes, this is the monitor I went for - http://www.ebay.com/itm/141115538942?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Back