Budget 90k+ Gaming + video editing rig

psybronik

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • 1 lakh(can go till 1.10)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - benq 2420hd
    • seagate 1tb HDD
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - benq 2420hd
    • seagate 1tb HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU
    • Motherboard
    • GPU
    • PSU
    • RAM
    • CPU COOLER
    • SSD
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 24months or early (depends on the work)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai(lamington road)
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming(1080P)
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    • video editing(very important)
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NO
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS( COD, battlefield, farcry,just cause, doom, tomclacncy etc)
    • racing games
    • Sports(FIFA ONLINE)
    • HORROR
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080P
    2. Desktop - 1080P
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10

NOTE :- guys i need your help in building a rig that will allow me to play all the major games at high settings and also a fast processing machine which will help me to edit the recorded game play videos and upload it.
i will b buying it in the month of December.

please let me know if the above mention monitor is good enough

• CPU - Intel Core i7 6700k -29000,
  • Motherboard - Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 -17800,
  • GPU - Zotac GTX970 4GB -26000,
  • PSU - Seasonic M12II 620 -6900,
  • RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -5000,
  • CPU COOLER - Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus -4600,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -8500,
  • Monitor - Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" -8000,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500.
  • TOTAL - 1,11,200.

Last edited:
  • CPU - Intel Core i7 6700 -18000,
  • Motherboard - Asus H170 Pro -11000,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -8500.
  • TOTAL - 80,000.

i7 6700 for 18k?

• GPU- Nvidia Inno3D 970 4GB DDR5
  • Processor- Core I7
  • RAM- Zion Xtreme 8GB DDR3
  • HDD- (The one you have should be good enough...however add SSD 128GB it will add for faster booting
  • CPU Cooler- Antec VP-650
  • Cabinet- Antec/ Cooler Master whatever you prefer...I like Antec...but CM looks good.
  • Motherboard- Biostar Z97
  • DVD W- DVD Writer

Total of all wont cross INR 90,000.

• CPU - Intel Core i7 6700k -29000,
  • Motherboard - Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 -17800,
  • SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB -8500,
  • Monitor - Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" -8000,
  • HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB -5500.
  • TOTAL - 1,11,200.

Thank you for your suggestions bro,
do you think i should go for overclocking ? i have never done this before, also i don't need a monitor and a HDD as of now.
i need a rig which will play all the games at high end settings (1080P) also i will be doing a lot of video editing and rendering.

• GPU- Nvidia Inno3D 970 4GB DDR5
  • Processor- Core I7
  • RAM- Zion Xtreme 8GB DDR3
  • HDD- (The one you have should be good enough...however add SSD 128GB it will add for faster booting
  • CPU Cooler- Antec VP-650
  • Cabinet- Antec/ Cooler Master whatever you prefer...I like Antec...but CM looks good.
  • Motherboard- Biostar Z97
  • DVD W- DVD Writer

Total of all wont cross INR 90,000.
hi bro, thanks for the reply.
that graphic card looks sick, can you please let me know which i7 shall i go for ?
i already have a dvd writer.

thanks again :)

Overclocking is not tough. However stable OC takes little time. There is a sweet spot between heat generated, power drawn and performance. You also need to consider ambient temperature of room in which computer will be put up.

However do note that chips in last generation could not climb much in GHz. Best overclockers last seen were Sandybridge and Ivybridge chips.

I m not aware about prices of non-OC version of above i7 chip. If performance does not warrant price gap, better save some money or invest in some better component.

Overclocking is not tough. However stable OC takes little time. There is a sweet spot between heat generated, power drawn and performance. You also need to consider ambient temperature of room in which computer will be put up.

However do note that chips in last generation could not climb much in GHz. Best overclockers last seen were Sandybridge and Ivybridge chips.

I m not aware about prices of non-OC version of above i7 chip. If performance does not warrant price gap, better save some money or invest in some better component.
will the overclocking help me in improving the performance of the rig to a good extent ? i have already mentioned for what purpose i'm building the RIG.

Thank you for your suggestions bro,
do you think i should go for overclocking ? i have never done this before, also i don't need a monitor and a HDD as of now.
i need a rig which will play all the games at high end settings (1080P) also i will be doing a lot of video editing and rendering.

hi bro, thanks for the reply.
that graphic card looks sick, can you please let me know which i7 shall i go for ?
i already have a dvd writer.

thanks again :)
You can go for AMD or Intel, whichever you feel comfortable with.

overclocking does help in gaming but the majority of the work is done by the gpu so it's not an absolute must have feature.
the games you've listed are more gpu intensive too.

overclocking does help in gaming but the majority of the work is done by the gpu so it's not an absolute must have feature.
the games you've listed are more gpu intensive too.

and what about video rendering and editing ? will it help me in that ? i would restrain myself from overclocking unless i'm getting a significant difference in the performance.

and what about video rendering and editing ? will it help me in that ? i would restrain myself from overclocking unless i'm getting a significant difference in the performance.
if you're doing it professionally then the oc will help save time allowing you to do more in a workday. if you do it occasionally as a hobby then i don't think the extra money on a k series cpu+ z series board +quality cpu cooler will be worth it.

if you're doing it professionally then the oc will help save time allowing you to do more in a workday. if you do it occasionally as a hobby then i don't think the extra money on a k series cpu+ z series board +quality cpu cooler will be worth it.
that's the ans that i was looking for ... thanks bro

Guys i just want to ask one last question.... is buying from international sites really worth it and safe ?

if yes then i would like to know from where i can get the best product at reasonable cost .

Thank you

You're missing out on one of the most important features: disk RAID. Its so underrated on this forum. Since you said that your videoediting is very important and I assume that you'll have important files you should go RAID (at least RAID 1) and buy the rest of the components accordingly.
You also don't need to get the latest Skylate-based PC. Even Haswell is also very good and should be fine for your usage.

Guys i just want to ask one last question.... is buying from international sites really worth it and safe ?

if yes then i would like to know from where i can get the best product at reasonable cost .
Yes they are safe if you buy and ship them through the right channel. Yes they are also worth it. But you missed out on the Great Black Friday/Cyber Monday supersale. I doubt that you'll find a good deal now without custom taxation and shipping cost which will nullify the "good deal" part so stay with Indian stores unless you have someone coming from the U.S. who can bring the stuff. Or buy used components.

Last edited:
You're missing out on one of the most important features: disk RAID. Its so underrated on this forum. Since you said that your videoediting is very important and I assume that you'll have important files you should go RAID (at least RAID 1) and buy the rest of the components accordingly.
You also don't need to get the latest Skylate-based PC. Even Haswell is also very good and should be fine for your usage.

Yes they are safe if you buy and ship them through the right channel. Yes they are also worth it. But you missed out on the Great Black Friday/Cyber Monday supersale. I doubt that you'll find a good deal now without custom taxation and shipping cost which will nullify the "good deal" part so stay with Indian stores unless you have someone coming from the U.S. who can bring the stuff. Or buy used components.

Thank you bro, just one more question, if i order something from an international store , will there be a lot of custom duties and tax ?

Thanks again

Thank you bro, just one more question, if i order something from an international store , will there be a lot of custom duties and tax ?
Yes and its not going to be worth it. Unless of course there is over some 50% discount which you'll not get now. So i suggest you forget importing and save yourself the hassles.

Back