Budget 41-50k Gaming PC - Some Parts

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - Dell 2409
CPU - Intel Core i3 3220
Motherboard - GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz
1X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
1X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB
SMPS - Corsair VX 400W

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor
RAM
HDD
MotherBoard ?

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU
Motherboard ?
GPU
RAM

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, no upgrade for some time.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware?
Mumbai

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Nothing like that

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All latest games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - 1920X1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8.1/Windows 10

Need the upgrade specifically for gaming.

CPU-Intel Core i5 4570 -14500,
Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
GPU - Zotac GTX 960 4GB -18000.
TOTAL - 38,000.

Re-use the existing Corsair Vengeance RAM, Corsair VX PSU, Seagate Barracuda HDD's. Your PSU is more than enough for GTX 960 GPU.OK.

the above build is good but just wanted to add my 2 cents-
try to get a cheaper core i5 like the 4430 and the 2gb version of the gtx 960 (it can't use the full 4gb anyway)
you should have about 5-6k left over so you can pick up an ssd with that (120gb 850 evo perhaps).
you will still be within the 40k budget and your system will be bottleneck free for a long time.

Alternative suggestion: are you averse to a used cpu?
your platform (b75 chipset) isn't really old enough to consider 'obsolete'.
you could buy a used core i5/i7 3rd gen and just drop it into your current mobo.
with the money saved you could get a better gpu (be advised you will have to get a new psu in that case).

I'm going to get GTX 970 confused between MSI or Zotac , I have Cooler Master Elite Cabinet so just want to make sure it would fit well in the case and no heating issues would happen.Also please make me a strong reason why i should get a new mobo since the one you recommended and one i have are kinda similar infact the one i have is even more expensive one.

For CPU shouldn't i be getting a 3570 @ 3.4Ghz or 4670@3.4Ghz ? and in case i have to change mobo i would also get a new cabinet since thats the only things remains then HDD and RAM can be used from old build , please recommend a appropriate mobo and Cabinet as well

I'm going to get GTX 970 confused between MSI or Zotac , I have Cooler Master Elite Cabinet so just want to make sure it would fit well in the case and no heating issues would happen.Also please make me a strong reason why i should get a new mobo since the one you recommended and one i have are kinda similar infact the one i have is even more expensive one.

For CPU shouldn't i be getting a 3570 @ 3.4Ghz or 4670@3.4Ghz ? and in case i have to change mobo i would also get a new cabinet since thats the only things remains then HDD and RAM can be used from old build , please recommend a appropriate mobo and Cabinet as well

a little hard to understand but i'll try to answer-
zotac has a longer warranty (5 yrs with online registration)
depends entirely on case air flow. some extra fans should take care of excess heat.
a strong reason for a new motherboard is because the lga1155 socket won't support a 4th gen core i5 (lga 1150).
a core i5 3570 can be used on the same b75 board you currently have. the 4670 will need a new mobo.
the performance difference between a 4570 and 4670 is negligible so go with the cheaper one.
why would you have to change the cabinet if you change your mobo? you know it can be removed from the cabinet right?

Ok i have decided that i'll go with full build as I'll sell off my existing PC (might run into heating issues with my cabinet) so i need a new spec with recommendation for Proc , Mobo , PSU and Cabinet

GTX 970 i have already decided so need things around it , I'm not going to do any overclocking so need decent Mobo and Good Cabinet.

gtx 970 is more than 25k
cpu- intel core i5 4440 ~12 to 13k
mobo- asus/gigabyte/msi h81 based board ~4 to 5k
psu- seasonic s12 520w ~5k
cabinet- cooler master elite or antec ASK ~3k

total is well over 50k.
you'll need monitor, keyboard+mouse, hard drive, optical drive and ram from the old system.

alternative,
get the gpu, psu and cabinet now and upgrade the cpu later.

Yes budget changed thought i dont have a definite number but i dont want expensive board and SMPS would take GTX 970 definitely

Alpha was suggesting these boards and CPU

Core i5 469ok

GIGABYTE B85M-D3H / MSi H97M-G43 / GIGABYTE H97M-D3H

Dont need a overclocked board , nor do i need some fancy features , whats the better off between CM 690 II vs NXZT S340 Cabinet ?

If you are going for DVD drives and lots of HDD than CM690 II is best for you and if you are looking for sharp corner design with space for Water cooling than NXZT S340 is nice choice.

As per air flow and cooling performance both will have similar result if same type of Case Fans are used.
Both case comes with two fans. CM offers 140mm led and 120mm fans where as NXZT offers 2 X 120mm V2 Fans and with air filters too.

NXZY offers new design and better cable management. Personally i would go for NXZT case.

It's available for 25k at prime but the cooling is not great on it, also for case confused between cm690 II vs nzxt s340 nzxt looks really clean but seems very small compared to cm 690

For case you should check our corsair 300R side panel version.Lack of optical drive option on s340 might cause problems later but still a very good case.

For case you should check our corsair 300R side panel version.Lack of optical drive option on s340 might cause problems later but still a very good case.
Corsair 300R is outdated and its spares are not readily available. Go with Corsair SPEC-03 @ 4.3k
S340 is bulky and if you want a similar case you can go with Corsair 450D which is also similarly priced as well...

I got the following PC for gaming in my gaming cafe. Its giving awesome performance for cs go and dota2. Specially Gfx and Ram are great. You can check online for the best prices or the dealer near you. I got in a good rate coz i bought 20 pcs in1 shot.

CPU - i5 4th Gen
GFX - Inno3d Nvidia 750ti 2gb
Ram- Zion Gaming series 8gb
Mb- Biostar B85.
PSU- Antec BP 450
Chasis - Antec x1
HDD- Hitachi.

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - Dell 2409
CPU - Intel Core i3 3220
Motherboard - GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz
1X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB
1X Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 500GB
SMPS - Corsair VX 400W

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor
RAM
HDD
MotherBoard ?

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU
Motherboard ?
GPU
RAM

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, no upgrade for some time.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware?
Mumbai

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Gaming

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Nothing like that

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All latest games

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - 1920X1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8.1/Windows 10

Need the upgrade specifically for gaming.

Back