PC Peripherals Gaming Mouse Query

ADrupada

Disciple
Hi guys. I have been using an A4 tech mouse (not a gaming one) for quite some time. I want to buy a gaming mouse for playing online games such as CS:GO and World of Warcraft but don't want to rush buying one only to be disappointed.

Anyone have any suggestions on a gaming mouse?

Thank you.

@koolcoolkg: i'm also looking for a mouse in the 1k range and was about to get the E-blue Cobra but the Dragonwar you suggested looks more comfy for my grip style - just want to ask if you know anything about it's durability/reliability?

@Crapmypants I have been using an A4 tech mouse and its quite durable and reliable. I think the dragonwar looks great. Have to test it though for durability. :)

@koolcoolkg Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I bought a dragonwar mouse. Looks very cool and also very cheap for a gaming mouse. :)

Attachments

• Dragonwar.jpg
    Dragonwar.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 150
@Crapmypants I have been using an A4 tech mouse and its quite durable and reliable. I think the dragonwar looks great. Have to test it though for durability. :)

@koolcoolkg Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I bought a dragonwar mouse. Looks very cool and also very cheap for a gaming mouse. :)
Congo dude.
Anyways I have G400s.
If you had asked just a few days before;
G600 was on sale for 765/- on Flipkart

It was pretty awesome deal but anyways I didn't buy it because I didn't need it.

Dragonwar war is pretty vfm company . One of my friend plays with it in National Dota 2 competitions. He switched from 2011 Razer.

Congo dude.
Anyways I have G400s.
If you had asked just a few days before;
G600 was on sale for 765/- on Flipkart

It was pretty awesome deal but anyways I didn't buy it because I didn't need it.

Dragonwar war is pretty vfm company . One of my friend plays with it in National Dota 2 competitions. He switched from 2011 Razer.

Too bad missed the G600. Well I'm happy with what I have now. Just have to test it for durability. :)

I agree, Dragon war is probably a good gaming mouse especially if you are quite new to gaming peripherals.

Also noticed most gaming mouse are ambidextrous. I bought this one over the others because its the only right handed one I can find(I'm right handed by the way). Personally, Its quite hard to use a mouse which is not suited to your left/right hand especially when you're gaming. It just doesn't feel right (well, it might just be me). :p

Thanks for the suggestion Techkarl!

Does anyone here use/know the durability of Razer or Steel series mouse? I have seen mixed reviews on their durability. It was always my impression that the more expensive a device is, the more durable it is. Apparently that is not the case.

Maybe ill get one in the near future :)

Thanks for the suggestion Techkarl!

Does anyone here use/know the durability of Razer or Steel series mouse? I have seen mixed reviews on their durability. It was always my impression that the more expensive a device is, the more durable it is. Apparently that is not the case.

Maybe ill get one in the near future :)

Go Logitech instead.
They provide 3 years of warranty

@Rohan7 ; i bought the dragonwar g9 thor off snapdeal for 1035/-
it should be here by monday so i can post my first impressions of it over here if you like.

p.s. i would have gone for the g400 instead but the cheapest i could find was 2k. the dragonwar is about half that and comes with a mousepad so i thought of giving it a try.

if it does fail on me then i'll get the g400.
also, my previous mouse was the lenovo m6811 which at 700 bucks was cheap and although it had a 'chinese quality' to it, it was able to last for over 2 years. only recently has the left mouse button started to not recognize clicks every now and then.

Last edited:
@Rohan7 ; i bought the dragonwar g9 thor off snapdeal for 1035/-
it should be here by monday so i can post my first impressions of it over here if you like.

p.s. i would have gone for the g400 instead but the cheapest i could find was 2k. the dragonwar is about half that and comes with a mousepad so i thought of giving it a try.

if it does fail on me then i'll get the g400.
also, my previous mouse was the lenovo m6811 which at 700 bucks was cheap and although it had a 'chinese quality' to it, it was able to last for over 2 years. only recently has the left mouse button started to not recognize clicks every now and then.

My SS kinzu served me well for 3 years but recently the right click is not working very well. Even i am thinking of getting the same dragon war mouse.

So i've replaced my lenovo m6811 with the dragon war g9 thor.
build quality is decent - not quite up there with logitech and razer but significantly better than budget mice.
panel gaps are somewhat consistent.
mouse is medium in weight.
click feel is softer than normal - i like it but this will vary by person.
the entire mouse has a thin rubber coating all over that gives it a premium feel but i worry it might peel off in the future.
all extra buttons are easy to reach and click.
the cable is wrapped in nylon rather than plastic. gives it a premium look and is easy to untangle.
the free mouse pad is a full size one and although it feels a little flimsy (looks like the edges will get frayed over time) it's still waaaaay better than the small plastic ones we normally get with a new pc.
the utility to manage the mouse is not included but can be downloaded. it allows you to tinker with a lot but you'll mostly use it to play with the lights and maybe configure the turbo button. i had some trouble with the light settings as it wouldn't allow me to just select one color but instead kept looping through them all. others have been able to get it working so i'm going to chalk this up as a bad luck or some silly mistake on my part.
the mouse is a full size mouse so avoid it unless you're well past puberty.
it fits great for palm grippers but claw grippers might have issues due to it's size.
designed for right handers as the green turbo button can get in the way for left handers
4 way dpi adjusting is good as it can bring it close to the sensitivity you're most comfortable with.
turbo button is nice - it's basically a hyper left click i.e. one click of the turbo fire button is like 10 clicks with the left mouse button.
in fps games you can use a semi-auto weapon like a full auto one - pepper enemies with a sniper rifle, spray with a shotgun or turn a desert eagle into an smg.
naturally this only works with no cooldown weapons so it's no good with a rocket launcher.
going to try to figure out how to tweak it some more as i want it to be the grenade/melee attack in an fps but attack-move for rts games.
either way, it's a nice little novelty feature to play with.

Summary - at around 1k its good value. add in the nice mouse pad and it becomes great value. it has sleek looks and a quality feel to it and definitely feels like it should cost more. the only downside of this is the question mark over the durability and lack of any after-sales presence in India. i wouldn't be surprised if it died in a year however i wouldn't be too sad about it since its relatively quite cheap.

@Crapmypants I got mine 3 days back and i totally agree with your review. I was also not able to change the ligthing to just one color its quiet irritating when you're in a dark room and watching a movie. Thanks for the information on the turbo button i was wondering what it was for.

Yea, i also watch movies in the dark and so i just turned the light effect off completely.
also, i'm unable to open the driver utility - i can only open it right after installation but after that it wont start up again. have you had this problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1433543298][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was also not able to change the ligthing to just one color its quiet irritating when you're in a dark room and watching a movie.
i figured out how to do this. you need to click the text where it says 'choose a single colour' to enable it.

Last edited:
Back