Gaming Chairs discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and Consoles' started by iPwnz, Apr 19, 2018.

1. iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Anyone here got any "gaming chair"? What do you think of them? What is your opinion on gaming chairs?

I posted a similar thread in some group and got some pretty interesting replies. Wanted to see what you guys here think of the subject. :D

2. Jc36

Jc36 Well-Known Member
    Adept

Gaming chairs are in most cases like gaming headsets. Flashy and overpriced. Get a high back office chair with mesh back and lower back support.

3. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Gaming chair is something which I'll only accept if sponsored lol. And yeah when I get a chair, it will be a proper office chair. But where can one get a good one which will also be shipped?

4. Jc36

Jc36 Well-Known Member
    Adept

Amazon has them, although the basic one's are faux leather and plastic instead of leather and metal, so do some research. Local will probably be cheaper.

5. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Can't find any high-back chairs. Just normal office chairs and those gaming-branded ones. It would be so much simpler if I had good carpentry skills. Hmm...

6. Chaos

Chaos Well-Known Member
    Veteran

I use the urban ladder venturi. Pretty damn good for the 7k I paid for it. It is no frills but very comfortable.

7. adventureguy

adventureguy Well-Known Member
    Adept

search for mika study chair on urbanladder. Its a copy of dxracer "gaming" chairs youtubers use. Friend bought it and its pretty comfortable.

There are even high back amazonbasics chairs on amazon. There's also another startup called greensoul and they sell some good chairs too (its an amazon launchpad startup)

8. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Mesh? Not a fan of mesh. Also need a sturdier chair.

I know about the Mika and it's my last go-to option (I do hope they will ship to my location). Just not sure if the backrest is high enough. I would also like a head-rest.
    And because I have back pain I like to put my back on chairs and make that satisfying cracking sound so need a sturdy chair. :D

9. Scramjet

Scramjet Well-Known Member
    Disciple

For people with back pain, the most important consideration is the height of the lumbar support. If the height of the lumbar support is fixed, then it may be suitable for some, but not for others. If you can try it out and buy it, then well and good, but if you're buying online, then there's no guarantee that the lumbar support will suit you.

Most gaming chairs have height-adjustable lumbar support, so no issues when buying it online. Not sure about brands like Mika.

10. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Has anyone here used or owned those cheap gaming chairs from Circle/Ant? How are they? Just curious.

11. nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh ╙TÉçhkⁿºwªy±iVé»╖
    Veteran

I will post a video of an affordable diy gaming chair which I found on YouTube.
    Available on Amazon in.

12. nRiTeCh

nRiTeCh ╙TÉçhkⁿºwªy±iVé»╖
    Veteran

13. OP
    OP
    iPwnz

iPwnz Brutally Honest
    Veteran

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's just the assembly of an already-bought gaming chair? What kind of DIY is that? :|
    Anyway I had some very interesting discussion on building a "gamin" chair from scratch in one facebook group. It involves cheap labour and low cost of the raw materials. The final design however is up to the maker of that chair. I can post the screenshots of the chat if anyone is interested in building one from scratch just for the heck of it. :D