Game collection discussion (Physical copies only).

You should post your own collection video, or get in touch with some international collectors like metaljesusrocks. You will get nice views too!
@prabs You can get these if you search for them in certain shops also webuy sometimes keeps good items too.

Lol quan..I would love to find a store in India which sells these with boxed manuals ...and what is webuy!!!...this is from Singapore ...my cousin brought it....my collection has rare stuff but not very big perse to put on YouTube...I have boxed consoles tho..like 6..I started collecting since 2010

@quan chi you mean CEX right? If you are not careful those guys will rob you in broad daylight. I once made a list of things to check when buying from them especially Sony games and how to identify some of the malpractices followed there. I did this in after @avi was fooled in Bangalore and then the following week I was fooled for being careless.

metaljesusrocks rocks. May his Nintendo Gamecube RIP. Does anyone of us have a large enough collection for him to be interested in?

^^this is India so nothing is that easy. I was on mafia the city of lost heaven dvd hunt but was unsuccessful. Why don't you post your pending collections meanwhile.
Note: A sealed mafia dvd now costs 3k min on eBay.

^^this is India so nothing is that easy. I was on mafia the city of lost heaven dvd hunt but was unsuccessful. Why don't you post your pending collections meanwhile.
Note: A sealed mafia dvd now costs 3k min on eBay.
I bought the GoG version and completed it. Don't buy sealed copies now as they don't come with the original map.

^^excellent news! But is it without the songs too? I completed the game 9-10 years back like others. Right now I am only interested in the boxed version which is somewhat hard to find.Guys this thread is not only to show your collections but to discuss about (boxed)games too. Thus if you find any boxed version then please do inform here.

Also few days back I had visited one of my old friend's house. He as I know him is a casual gamer and do play games when he gets time. He is not much of a collector. We were discussing about boxed collections and he told me he used to have few boxed games like splinter cell etc (nothing that rare) but got rid of them some years back....except for one. Its a boxed version of phantasmagoria!!!!:eek: I was out of senses for few mins! (if you don't know about the game then refer here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasmagoria_(video_game)). I tried to trick him but he said its a gift from one of his relatives from US thus he wont part with it for sentimental values. I didn't take any pictures nor paid any attention to whatever he was saying from that moment because I was busy making an imprint of his room key on a soap I stole from his bathroom.:blackalien: Hopefully by tonight I will get the copy!!! please don't tell him.:D

Anyways I do have the steam version but getting a physical disc of it is almost impossible in india.

current value of the game : https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...agoria.TRS0&_nkw=phantasmagoria&_sacat=139973

Since you're already ready to rob people you can get boxed copy of Mafia by robbing @BlackHawk.

PM him for address.

What kinda pisses me off is I bought the GoG version of Mafia at nearly 3 times the steam price a month back and completed the game. Adding music to it is easy.

To make up for this OT I will post MGS series and Yakuza series in the evening. :)

@Rickyk - Buddy your post #26 is the best post for PC games. I was just looking and realized a lot of games that I am looking for on PC are owned by you - Crimson Skies, Heavy Gear 2, Freespace, NOLF, Mafia etc., I really hope you are from Mumbai and that I can come over and play them some time. Hope you have a PC with Windows 98 SE to play some of these games on. Kudos.

Firstly, sorry for the late reply - havent properly visited this thread in a while.

Bought 2 new games (Beyond Earth + Expansion) but havent got around to posting them yet.

I live in Gurgaon now. Did live in Bombay for more than a decade though. Still my fav city by far.

Yep, I do have a separate dedicated PC just to play old games. It a PC running Win98 with an AMD Athlon XP 3000 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro GPU and a 3DFX Voodoo Secondary GPU (specifically for GLIDE games of which I have quite a few). Unfortunately, the hard disk on this PC is giving me issues so its temporarily offline but I hope to have it up and running again soon.

As for playing the games at my place, well thats a tall order TBH as unlike newer games, older games tended to have nice, long stories with SP campaigns that lasted 10+ hours unlike todays 3-5 hour games. Playing Heavy Gear 2, Freespace, NOLF & Mafia from start to end would possibly take days to complete! :p

If you ever come this way and want to see the boxes and maybe play a little bit (maybe a couple of hours) of all those games then THAT might be possible (and perhaps more practical).

Firstly, sorry for the late reply - havent properly visited this thread in a while.

Bought 2 new games (Beyond Earth + Expansion) but havent got around to posting them yet.

I live in Gurgaon now. Did live in Bombay for more than a decade though. Still my fav city by far.

Yep, I do have a separate dedicated PC just to play old games. It a PC running Win98 with an AMD Athlon XP 3000 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro GPU and a 3DFX Voodoo Secondary GPU (specifically for GLIDE games of which I have quite a few). Unfortunately, the hard disk on this PC is giving me issues so its temporarily offline but I hope to have it up and running again soon.

As for playing the games at my place, well thats a tall order TBH as unlike newer games, older games tended to have nice, long stories with SP campaigns that lasted 10+ hours unlike todays 3-5 hour games. Playing Heavy Gear 2, Freespace, NOLF & Mafia from start to end would possibly take days to complete! [emoji14]

If you ever come this way and want to see the boxes and maybe play a little bit (maybe a couple of hours) of all those games then THAT might be possible (and perhaps more practical).
I have a Seagate 40 GB IDE do you want it?

I don't think I will use it.

What's really sad is when I had a Pentium 4 PC which could run Heavy Gear 2 I was not into games like that. I would play games like RTCW, Max Payne etc which really didn't need time investment in learning the mechanics to succeed.

finding a video card for 98 with drivers is a b**ch..i tried a year back..have a pentium 3 system with PCI slot

Let me see if I can help you since you already have the rest of the stuff.

I collect GPU's (yes I know that sounds ridiculous but I do).

Have around 15-20 GPU's collected/upgraded over the past couple of decades, all of which are in 100% working condition to boot. :)

I think I MAY have a spare AGP GPU I can give you for free. Drivers shouldnt be an issue either. I have most of them archived.

Please understand though that the GPU I can give you WONT be in the same class as a ATI 9700 Pro. Having said that, it should be more than sufficient to run any Win98 game you can throw at it without issue.

If you're honestly interested in doing this, let me know and I will see what I can come up with...

Last edited:
I have a Seagate 40 GB IDE do you want it?

I would love that but not for free.

Tell you what - I saw in the thread that you wanted a boxed copy of MAFIA right?

I will find and arrange an ORIGINAL, SEAL PACKED MAFIA US Edition CD Jewel Case version for you in exchange for that 40GB IDE.
Two points to note though -
  1. It will take at least 2-3 weeks for the game to arrive as I will need to get it from the US
  2. I have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER as to whether it will have a map inside or not as it will be a seal packed
If that sounds like a fair deal deal to you let me know as someone is coming down from the US sometime next month (hence the 2-3 week delivery time).

I also have a 80GB IDE too lying around. But the problem is it has some sensitive data which I am unable to wipe now. If that data can be wiped I can give it to someone too. You just have to bear the shipping charges.:)

Anyways guys if you are going for collection try to keep away from those milestone interactive games if possible. Their pack quality is not that good also they may not gain much value over the time.
eg : fallout collection
Normal : https://www.amazon.in/White-Label-2...1511347466&sr=8-1&keywords=fallout+collection
Milestone mfd in india : https://www.amazon.in/Interplay-Fal...TF8&qid=1511347477&sr=8-3&keywords=fallout+pc

Ya connection issue.once I tried using a cheap old IDE to sata converter from a shop. but I am not sure if the converter was faulty or its the compatibility since the task was unsuccessful.I returned it. If you guys know any way then do let me know.

Last edited:
How much value-able is this one ?

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

Back