FUP-less plan in Chennai

thawfu666

Adept
I have been stuck in hell for the past 4 years on BSNL with their shitty 512 kbps speeds. Is there any broadband company which offer truly unlimited internet under Rs. 1250? Please help me!!! I have even contacted Reliance about their Thunder 1099 plan, but they are not feasible in my area. :(

Try You broadband or ACT if it is available in your area. Check their website for availability in your area. For the price you have mentioned there is no unlimited plan I think, but it would be better than BSNL.

I have been stuck in hell for the past 4 years on BSNL with their shitty 512 kbps speeds. Is there any broadband company which offer truly unlimited internet under Rs. 1250? Please help me!!! I have even contacted Reliance about their Thunder 1099 plan, but they are not feasible in my area. :(

I was in the same boat, tried craptel, then fup made me move to Bsnl, and last was on 1445/- plan as mentioned above. finally i have settled for tata wired broad band , i am using 2mbps unlimited @ 1499/+ tax.
They also have 1mbps @ 1099/-

@chetansha you mean Tata Docomo Wired Broadband.

Even though craptel has horrible plans, incase of issues their turn around time is less and their technicians very effective in fixing the problem.

I'm planning to move to Tata docomo,
It would be very helpful if you could answer these

how is their customer service.
-any downtime
-2mbps truly don't have any FUP. just curious.
-I've been informed that telephone connection need's to be requested separately and Rs100 /month is charged for the same.

how is their customer service. - as any customer service, i use them just to make a complain, take the complain number and follow up with the back end team on my own
-any downtime - yea i had some issues first few days ( some error at their end, sorted out.) + every 12 hrs there is a forced reconnection by them. Once in few days (maybe 5 or 6 days.) its down for 20-30 mins, starts back on its own. I have taken the number of tata back end office @ salem, and they resolve the issue immediately) Since you are in Chennai, you may have better service.

-2mbps truly don't have any FUP. just curious. no FUP. thats why I opted for this

-I've been informed that telephone connection need's to be requested separately and Rs100 /month is charged for the same. - No. And i got a free DSL modem + router ( not a big deal, but free is free boss)

@technofast , I actually considered You Broadband, but unfortunately, I am a heavy torrent downloader and they block torrent websites ... :(
@gmano , Is it inclusive of all taxes or exclusive? :)
@chetansha , That's actually a wonderful plan, except well ... The price ... :( A bit on the higher side ... :([DOUBLEPOST=1425292143][/DOUBLEPOST]@abracadabra , I'll definitely check it out! :) Thank you!!!

@thawfu666 , i felt same too, as i was on BSNL 1445+ taxes ( almost 1600/- pm), then this plan 1499+ tax - 1685/- net PM is def much better than bsnl @ 1600/- and post fup 1 mbps.

I got You on the 19th of Feb, and it has been fine so far, actually exceeded expectations, just now got a message that services are hindered due to a fiber cut and will be fixed by 3pm, thankfully I am not at home, lets see how it goes, I plan to upgrade to the 100mbps plan soon.

The customer service is slightly laid back you have follow up.

Speeds do match the plan on steam, torrents I haven't really tested it out properly.

@technofast
-How is their customer service?
-Any downtime?
-What plan are you on? Do the speeds match the plan you're on?
I live in Gopalapuram btw! :)

I haven't had any chance of talking to their customer service as there was no downtime from the time I installed it two months back. Even if there is any problem they send out SMS and keep us updated on the outcome. I'm in 33mbps plan but some how I get around 94 mbps as of now and yes their speed is good for torrents download but I think for gaming their latency is not good.

94 Mbps?!?!?!?!?!?! O.O WOW! That's awesome ... I have emailed them now! Waiting anxiously for their reply! @technofast , Do you mind posting a speedtest whenever you're free? :)

I have an update for you, in the morning I got a message about the fiber cut and that it will be fixed by 3pm around 2:30 got a message it will go till 4pm, and now they sent a follow up that it will take until 7pm!

No update :( yet, let me get home and check, I am in Nungambakkam.

This is a major problem when the fiber optic cable is pulled overhead instead of moving it under the ground. The corporation does not allow road cut anymore and that is why the cables are pulled overhead which becomes an easy target for rival companies to pull it down.[DOUBLEPOST=1425517088][/DOUBLEPOST]
94 Mbps?!?!?!?!?!?! O.O WOW! That's awesome ... I have emailed them now! Waiting anxiously for their reply! @technofast , Do you mind posting a speedtest whenever you're free? :)

Here you go regarding the speed test

The below when I tested to a far off server (Mexico city). Check the ping. Gaming is impossible.

Last edited:
Back