Fraudulent ACT

thawfu666

Adept
Account ID: 1164444
I have valid proof that there has definitely been a mistake in their side. Today is the starting of the month, which means the FUP counter has been reset. At around 12 noon today, the usage had indicated 0.00GB of usage. When I checked again at 12:48 P.M., it showed as 4.92GB used. I'd also like to assure that no video streaming nor any downloading took place during this period. I have attached the two screenshots below, which also showcases the date and time on the top-right corner.

Guys, please help me. What do I do now? This is just too much!

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 12.02.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 12.48.24 PM.png

Write them a mail with the screenshots. Ask them to prove 5GB within 48 min usage at your end. They must be having logs etc. IP traces etc.
On your end -
- If using wifi, check you Wifi logs. Could it happen that someone else has your network password?

Earlier they used used to have detailed usage statistics.. which would show IPs and time and data usage..
Then later they have merged this usage history along with package...
Anyways my advice for you is let this slide for now and then just the day before month end, say for eg on 29th you have some 1gb more data left, start downloading like crazy.. This way you can use up upto 10gb more data than the FUP @ full speeds before the 512kbps gets enforced.. Worked for me everytime.. I would update the games on my ps4 just like this..

@mk76 , No way, coz I have an application which constantly monitors the users present in my Wifi network. So we can rule out that possibility! And yes, I did mail them, but they keep defending themselves by saying the fault is not in their end. -_- I did ask for the detailed usage, which they told they won't provide!
@swatkats , Thank you! Will email them immediately and I'll let you know the response ... :)
@swagatrath , The thing is every month, the limit gets over by 21st or 22nd ... :( And there are very rare video streaming, and movie downloading ... Only my mom plays candy crush and I occasionally check emails and browse tech websites ... This is my everyday usage for it ... And my dad called and blasted the customer care, yet they told to mail them and only then they'll check and reply -_-

Even i noticed this last month, i have to check for this month also. Even though i do not have screenshot, i will drop an email asking them to prove 5GB usage, as i am pretty sure its not the case.

You also, please let us know what reply you are getting from them.. May be because of this only, they have given extra 10 GB more.. :rolleyes:

Are you monitoring your usage at your desktop or the router directly.. could you double check the usage statistics at router level too..
Reply to that mail stating that detailed usage statistics were available previously, why is it not available anymore.. Also mention some stuff like you will file an RTI request if they dont provide the detailed usage.. Also copy the appellate authority and nodal officer in the mail too..

Are you sure your Wifi isnt hacked/password leaked and used by neighbors or something??
Or may be some kind of auto sync happening at your end itself--with you or your families phones unknowingly.
Coz this is a common issues that all our photos/videos etc. gets synced to google and the upload steals the bandwidth unknowingly.
Have corrected this at my uncles and friends place. Disabled all auto sync of such services if not using at all. They too were facing similar issues.

Just to add...every small activity adds to the bandwidth consumption. Even gps or whether/news alerts/active widgets.

Also in your router you can see currently connected/active devices and open sessions. This is a very basic info. which you get even in 500 bucks modem may it be china or any.
You can manually set dhcp reserved IPs to your all devices and block any other device from getting dhcp ip even though password is right.
I have done this setting at my ends and tested and works foolproof!!

It just shows the currently connected devices ... That's all![DOUBLEPOST=1446468234][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm really considering switching to the Reliance Thunder 1099 plan ... At least, it doesn't have any limits, and most of the reviews on the internet stated that they get from 3-4 mbps speed constantly, as long as there are no cable cuts (occurred thrice or four times in a year on average). Anybody using this plan on TE? :)

I'm using both ACT 30mbps plan and reliance 2mbps plans at bangalore for the past 2 years.. All I can say is both connections are robust and downtime I have faced is very rare.. But reliance suffers a bit on the weekends since contention ratio is 1:50..

Op if your isp havent given you such issues in past give a second thought at your place. Practice what i said earlier. Start from changing your Wi-Fi pw to.

Hmm ... But when the limit exceeds and it switched to 512 KBps, it literally takes 2-3 minutes to load a basic Google webpage! :( I really can't live like that and still pay for the connection, when I can easily see the daylight robbery these ACT guys do ... :angry:[DOUBLEPOST=1446475497][/DOUBLEPOST]@nRiTeCh , Yes, as far as downtimes are concerned, I haven't had that many ... So confused ...[DOUBLEPOST=1446515355][/DOUBLEPOST]@swatkats , There is no reply as of yet! :(

Last edited:
Back