Fraud transaction on Credit Card on PayPal

Can we not use the card directly, without making an account? In that case, I believe there might not be verification.

I really doubt its possible on PayPal one need to verify card on PayPal before using it either with otp or with the verification code which PayPal sends when one adds their card, As soon you add card to PayPal they debit your cad with 1$ and you get code in that transaction.

I really doubt its possible on PayPal one need to verify card on PayPal before using it either with otp or with the verification code which PayPal sends when one adds their card, As soon you add card to PayPal they debit your cad with 1$ and you get code in that transaction.

I am talking about the pay directly with card option.

I haven't used paypal in a long time, maybe 1-2 years, so i don't know the current rules, but i was able to pay directly with card without any otp or verification back then.

I haven't used paypal in a long time, maybe 1-2 years, so i don't know the current rules, but i was able to pay directly with card without any otp or verification back then.

Thats exactly what I am saying. I am pretty sure there is no need for OTP or verification in such cases.

Thats exactly what I am saying. I am pretty sure there is no need for OTP or verification in such cases.

Here is a prof u still need verification to add Ur credit card to paypal.

Second screen clearly shows the message where I did not entered the OTP and the transaction was declined.

Let me know if u want more information regarding this.
3b6b1a0e900325ea41334ea75a206fd5.jpg

7576f40d2aaaadf06f90498906a6e726.jpg

ebay.com, any site that uses the Shopify platform
Ebay don't let u do direct checkout as soon u check out with paypal on any site they ask for your paypal smail address and password as soon u login if u already have a credit/debit card linked (only if it was verified earlier) it will take u back to cart to make the payment. If u don't have a card on ur paypal account then again u have to verify it.

U need to login to PayPal if you want use it on gearbest. I just checked it.
And Indian PayPal account doesn't store money in PayPal balance or wallet. as soon as someone send you the payment on your PayPal id it gets transferred to your bank account.

^ I'm not sure why you are talking irrelevant things here? How indian PayPal account does not hold fund is relevant here? Nevertheless here is the screenshot from gearbest payment page using PayPal gateway...

7041e2f8f7b1026ca73a9c2c6a9e91ba.jpg
2d47c16f079b9cd04d1b9fa8380e6a8c.jpg
I didn't get the option while checking out via PayPal. It simply aksed for PayPal id and password.

On checkout page itself, you can see two PayPal option... The first one is using PayPal account and 2nd one is using PayPal payment gateway which will accept any cards...

@Konquerror Hope you have already approached Cyber Crime.
You are not alone. Found this old archive.
http://newsable.asianetnews.com/kar...00-transferred-without-otp-in-20-transactions

Found this as well in paypal's community forum. Source : Payments Without a Password ? - PayPal Community
I recently made a small charitable payment towards the Philippines disaster fund. The advert for the appeal popped up on my Facebook page. After clicking on the ad I was asked if I would like to pay by Paypal or credit card. I selected Paypal and clicked OK and immediately got a Thank You page - no password required, no check and confirm the amount, just Thank You.

They call it Carding (fraud) , where your card details are dumped in bulk on sites like www.valid__.__ and users buy such details.
And techniques to use such card details on payment gateways are easily available
Carding:Credit card hacking

A friend of mine bought an account on such a site for 150$ during his Ethical Hacking training.And later resold it.

And how these sites get these details is when we are careless at Petrol pumps, shopping malls, etc.
Make sure you follow the card at such outlets to be safe.
Beware of keyloggers on public PC's.

Just occurred to me that the indian 2fa systems do not apply to international purchases. OTP, vbv, msc, all these are mandated by the RBI. I can use my icici debit card on an international platform, like amazon.com, using only the card details, number, expiry and cvv. no otp or vbv/msc.

And how these sites get these details is when we are careless at Petrol pumps, shopping malls, etc.

Actually, this is because of malware infecting the POS at such places which captures these details. Hence, actually, to a certain extent, Paytm and the likes are much safer.[DOUBLEPOST=1511186133][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just occurred to me that the indian 2fa systems do not apply to international purchases. OTP, vbv, msc, all these are mandated by the RBI. I can use my icici debit card on an international platform, like amazon.com, using only the card details, number, expiry and cvv. no otp or vbv/msc.

True for the most part, but some PG systems are now detecting that the card is from India, and using 2FA.

Last edited:
Back