Fortnite Discussion Thread

krugur

Gaming Freak
Skilled
Fortnite is a co-op sandbox survival video game developed by People Can Fly and Epic Games.
Fortnite is described as a co-op sandbox survival game and is about exploration, scavenging items, crafting weapons, building fortified structures, and fighting waves of encroaching monsters.
In up to teams of four, players must survive and defend one or more control points from waves of zombie-like creatures. Missions have accelerated day-and-night cycles which may cover a period of up to fourteen days. During the day, there are no creatures, allowing players to explore the randomly-generated map, collect resources by deconstructing objects on the map, saving survivors that may be trapped, and then using their resources to craft weapons and armor to use in combat or build defenses to protect themselves and the control point

Gameplay:

And now :

Out of nowhere, Epic Games introduced a Battle Royale game mode for its cooperative survival title Fornite earlier this month. The game follows the traditional Battle Royale ruleset, with up to 100 players being dropped from a 'Battle Bus' onto an ever-shrinking map with scattered weapons and loot. The last remaining player or group will emerge victorious. Meanwhile, players can also destroy structures and even build their own in Fortnite, adding another gameplay layer to the Battle Royale experience. And the best part, its FREE to play.

Game Link:
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite

Started playing this yesterday, the battle royale, looks nice. Its like a free PUBG - almost ditto.

Sources : neowin, wiki, youtube

I have been playing this for a while now, and gotta say it is fun.
The type of loot is very simple, but you also get building materials.
It is also fun to build stuff on the fly to escape from being attacked and to get to high places.
Also fun to blow up buildings,tree etc where people are hiding and then bring them out.
Th best i have got till now is 6th position.
Playing on american server. Username: caldaster

I won 2 games last week.
1. Was the last 5, i hid inside a bush and sniped 2. Other killed the 5th guy. Finally, I got behind the last guy and killed him off.
2. I made a sky fortress. Build floor for they whole sky and waited till all the 6 below killed each other. They last guy died in the storm :)

This is a really fun game. Wish there were more people playing.

looks like this game is not well received withing TE community, this thread is almost dead.. lol.
I start playing recently, and i like this more then PUBG. This reminds me the good old TF2+battlefield Heros.

lets count how many of us play this game here as that we can form a clan & play quad.

add me PhotonAttack
added you.

[DOUBLEPOST=1526715420][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am still playing on and off.
sent friend request to "caldaster" . come lets play together sometime.[DOUBLEPOST=1526715475][/DOUBLEPOST]
anyone playing this? I just downloaded this today and played a single game.
yes! just started.
whats your user name? add me.

Last edited:
I deleted the game :p the entire game was downloading every time I fired up epic launcher. turns out its a common bug without known solution at this time. deleted the game
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/...very-time-i-open-the-launcher-at-the-next-day

lol,
indeed epic launcher is not one of the optimised client, the texts used in the client is horrible. and readability of IM/chat window is equally bad, looks like some college student had designed the UI in his free-time.

But as far as the game goes, its the best :)

sent friend request to "caldaster" . come lets play together sometime.
Played a lot over the weekend. Couldn't win anything. I am not that good. Usually can end up in the last few easily (like the 2nd or 3rd team). Thinking of moving on from this since its not reaching anywhere.

Nothing can beat old tf2, before they moved their focus on selling more hats. Tf2is not fun anymore.

Fortnite is fun, Just don’t put any real money in this game at this time.
They recently changed database which surged the ping from India ( 70 became 120). Plus too much experimentation going on. Game is still unbalanced.

But if you have friends to play along, it’s fun.

TF2 is all time legend and many games have taken inspiration from it. Evolution of OW, Fortnite and PUBG can be called as their followers but one thing that I like most about Fortnite is its unique building mechanism which helps users to build checkpoints make garrisons to protect themselves and structures that are beneficial for one's survival.

Back