Flipkart - Feedback Thread

Ordered something via free "in a day delivery" (flipkart first).
Supposed to get it yesterday, but didn't, so they credited Rs.180 to my flipkart wallet as a token of appreciation. :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410617879.045084.jpg

They don't have a consistency in their customer support. In fact for last several months I am finding their CS is very erratic varying between extremely good to extremely bad. Usually they deliver things fast, well packaged. But for any reason if you need to contact their customer support then you are left to your luck. You may have an extremely good experience or a nightmare. Earlier I was a great fan of this site and used spend on an average 30,000/- a year. From this year I am cautious. Now I am ready to pay upto 15% extra to brick-n-mortar stores for electronic goods than going for Flipkart.
Nonetheless, it's still my first preference as far as online purchases are considered. Amazon.in is a far second.

5-6 of my colleagues had registered for the Redmi 1S sale of 21 October 2014. Just before the sale started, everyone got an email from flipkart saying that the sale is going to begin so login to your accounts and buy Redmi 1S. However, when they visited flipkart website and clicked on "Buy Now", it displayed a message "Sorry, you are not registered for this sale". I could understand if it happened with one person, but it happened with all of them!

Anyone else faced this?

EDIT:I got ninja'd. lol.

Have you guys seen this? It was posted on The Logical Indian FB page.
When I ordered a simple pen-drive from Flipkart, I never thought that it would take them forever to deliver it, and a simple purchase will turn into a never ending nightmare.

On 24th October 2014 I placed the order but got an empty box delivered to my house. I took up the issue with Flipkart and they assured me a monetary compensation of Rs. 55 with the product. I asked for an apology letter with the product, however ever I never got one. I thought that it's only human to err, but was in for a shock when I was sent another empty box. I was not at home and my mother took the order.

I was furious and once again I took up the matter with Flipkart. This time they didn't accept that the fault was on their part, on the contrary, they indirectly started suggesting that maybe I have kept the pen-drive and making a ruckus just for no reason. They had my money and were not ready to resend the product.

Already having spent so much time and energy on this I thought that I should rather have the product now, so I placed a fresh order.

After receiving empty boxes the first two time, I thought that it will be a good idea to video record the order delivery and open it in front of them.

So when the package arrived I got one of the delivery guys to open the box for me. Since the product was Cash on Delivery I had to pay first to get the box opened. And for the third time I was stunned to see an empty box.

I am not looking for compensation, I have come out with this video proof because I want such Online Shopping stores to realise and repent their mistake, and stop taking the customers for granted. ❞
- Adarsh Anandan
Flipkart's reply to the issue:
Products sold on our website are listed by our sellers. We act as a platform to connect sellers and customers. We take strict action against sellers who attract negative feedback about their service or for activities that are against our code of conduct and operating guidelines; our measures adopted range from suspending to delisting errant sellers.

We truly empathise with our customer for this unfortunate experience and have reached out to him with our apologies and our solution to this incident.

Issues like this are taken very seriously at Flipkart and we will continue to strive in providing the best experience for our customers.

Can someone translate the video for me?

Last edited:
Basically He is just asking the ekart guy to open the item, the ekart guy wasn't ready too, but the buyer told I will pay u extra don't worry.. So when ekart guy went ahead and opened he told its empty , the buyer told this is not the first time 3 times its happened with me, also asks the ekart guy if he agrees that this is an empty box .. (Based on the little Kannada I understood ) :)

Had ordered a book in October last year. Didn't open it for a couple of months due to semester exams. Went home where there is no service by FK, only to find out that multiple pages in the middle of the book are misprinted.
Returned back today and mailed them the issue. Surprisingly, they went ahead and approved a replacement in about 10 minutes after I sent them the mail & the replacement is on its way. They agreed for replacement even after 4 months!

Can you guys write reviews on fk?I can't. Not able to. Page loads but nothing happens. Or have they set reviews writing permit to "Certified buyers" only? it seems to be an isolated (?) incident as i can write reviews on other products.

Last edited:
Got laptop from flipkart packing was not good but the rest was as usual. prompt delivery

Which one?

btw I so dig amazon.in these days. I found a deal for 7300 for wd 2tb but still bought from amazon for 7800. Don't know why but they feel like home these days and their customer support is really awesome, polite and gives respect. Though still they can be of no help sometimes but the respect they give and the polite way they talk, I am really a fan of amazon these days. My last 2L shopping in 2 months have been from amazon.

A friend's posts about Flipkart. haha
He ordered a keyboard from FK the other day, he got it yesterday and then this. I laughed so hard when i saw it. :hilarious:
B-rFcX4VIAEJPTv.jpg
fk fubar 1.png
fk fubar 2.png

The seller ran out of stock. He finally said he will go buy one from the local market himself lol.

Last edited:
They don't have a consistency in their customer support. In fact for last several months I am finding their CS is very erratic varying between extremely good to extremely bad. Usually they deliver things fast, well packaged. But for any reason if you need to contact their customer support then you are left to your luck. You may have an extremely good experience or a nightmare. Earlier I was a great fan of this site and used spend on an average 30,000/- a year. From this year I am cautious. Now I am ready to pay upto 15% extra to brick-n-mortar stores for electronic goods than going for Flipkart.
Nonetheless, it's still my first preference as far as online purchases are considered. Amazon.in is a far second.
I have not faced such an issue, whenever i have contacted the Flipkart support I got a positive reply from them, and they always tend to solve my issue. But in my opinion if you leave tracking system aside, I find Amazon way better than Flipkart.

Which one?

btw I so dig amazon.in these days. I found a deal for 7300 for wd 2tb but still bought from amazon for 7800. Don't know why but they feel like home these days and their customer support is really awesome, polite and gives respect. Though still they can be of no help sometimes but the respect they give and the polite way they talk, I am really a fan of amazon these days. My last 2L shopping in 2 months have been from amazon.
G50-45 8gb 1tb one @28k

rant.

Alright Flipkart just crushed whatever respect which I had left of them (it was going down and fast).
This first happened yesterday. I was trying to check out the new Moto E on their site (from my phone) when suddenly it launched the play store. At first I thought that it was an ad. I tried again and again but the same thing happened. I finally gave up.
And today morning I tried to open the site when I again got the same issue like the previous night. Then I realized that they no longer supported viewing their site from mobile browser. I was like WTF! I immediately contacted Flipkart on Twitter who gave these replies:

Download app option is made available to make your shopping experience with Flipkart much better. Do contact us for any questions.

We're confident, if you accommodate the app on your phone, you'll love the experience it offers. We recommend to try it once.

They are basically forcing mobile users to download their app and browse using it. Now I don't know how their app is nor am I even willing to try because I hate apps of e-com sites and would never install it. I can just check it from my phone whenever I like. Their reason for this move, as far as i can tell, is all business aka money nothing more. I don't think that its even for the "good of the customers" but just so they can get more ads or charge higher costs or whatever (only they themselves know their internal policies anyway). I'm also not after discount coupons. I'm not that stingy. But I'd like to at least enjoy my time doing what I like on their site without any problem. I like using browser to surf online because I can also save pages for future use and quickly load a particular product from that saved page itself instead of using the link bookmark.

My point is why are they forcing users to download their app? As a consumer I should be able to choose what I like to install and what I don't. Not get it shoved down my throat. I really hate and detest these kinds of things. But I can now say confidently that the last bits of love which I had for them have been all crushed by themselves.
So much for net neutrality. Sayonara lolkart.

Last edited:
Back