Flipkart delivery boy molests maid in Hyderabad

avi

Skilled
Hyderabad: A working professional Mili Srivastava is fuming. It has been 48 hours since she has tried all means to reach people at Flipkart to track down the delivery boy who allegedly molested her domestic help. After trying everything and even going vocal on social media to get the firm to respond, she, on Monday, decided to go to the Banjara Hills police station.

Ms Srivastava facebook post reads,

“Another incident of molestation and violation of a woman's modesty goes unnoticed. My maid was molested by a #flipkart delivery boy on Saturday. 48 hrs since, despite all the calls and requests to the company no response, let alone action against the boy who came to my house to deliver the order. When will we have a safe India for women???? As we look for the answers as a nation, one will make sure this is not repeated and the #flipkart stands up to not only selling products but owning up to the incident. We are not mere customers buying your products but respectable human being who deserve to be treated with respect.”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/1409.../flipkart-delivery-boy-molests-maid-hyderabad

^That may be the case. But then isn't this the job of police to investigate and find the truth. Flipkart must extend all possible co-operation towards this investigation. By not co-operating Flipkart's image will suffer.

why would a delivery boy molest a maid?

Why would the housre lady do so much for the maid?

Why fir after 48 hours.

why would a delivery boy molest a maid?

Why would the housre lady do so much for the maid?

Why fir after 48 hours.

Delivery boy molests maid because he sees glimpse of Sunny in her

House lady does this because she whe would have been crippled with all the home chores if something bad was to happen to maid.

FIR after 48 hours ---- well we can never understand women's thinking pattern. Can we ??

Why are people trying to judge the man guilty from the little information they've got?

Who is? The article used words like 'alleged' and 'accused'. You were the first person to person to post on this thread and that to about a (seemingly non-existent) conspiracy.

Why are people trying to judge the man guilty from the little information they've got?
No-ones's out here to prove anything, its not our job to speculate or "investigate", that's the job of proper authorities who've been informed of the incident.
so would you kindly stop playing the armchair detective?

Its extremely disturbing to see someone smugly swipe away an incident like this as a suspicious incident ("saajano ghotona") to diminish the credibility of the complainant even when the investigation hasn't started yet. :(

Courier delivery boy molests maid

and

Flipkart delivery boy molests maid.

Suddenly things becomes clearer.

Flipkart can only track down delivery boys if they are from Ekart(Courier company owned by Flipkart). It would be difficult to track the delivery boy on a Saturday evening from another courier company, remember its a sunday on the next day. A courier boy will not molest a maid in a normal scenario as courier delivery guys would be trustworthy as they carry expensive stuff and they know they could be tracked down for anything forget molestation.

something's fishy with the woman taking so many pains for the maid.

Has to be the most ridiculous comment i have come across in a long time.
This is exactly the sort of response i would expect from the employer than be simply washing their hands off the incident.

As for why a complaint after 48 hours, depends upon individual to individual how their response kicks in. Some people consult others or people with similar experiences or who seem more sensible. Some would like to get hold of the log book at the sector/societies to do their homework properly. It has been already mentioned that flipkart was asked for a reply as well.

Who is to say that the maid immediately was ready for the FIR which mentions her name? Are we not aware how the relatives of low wage workers would want to stay out of the hassles?
The employer being a working lady, one cannot expect all the decisions to be taken within a matter of hours. A good deal of convincing and reconstruction of the scenario is required to establish the facts. It is still quite a good time frame under which the complaint has been filed.

I have had 5 friends who were accused of rape.
And they were later acquitted by the court after wasting a year of their lives And the chick who accused them just walked away.
It was later said that it was move by her to exhort money.

And even if you have a preliminary understanding of law, you'd know that it is mandatory to file an FIR in 24 hours. Thats to prevent fake FIRs and to prevent influencing the victim.

False cases occurring earlier doesnt means that every instance is to be treated with suspicion.

I have a lawyer friend. He confirmed that more than 50% of rape cases filed in India are false, and are used to extract leverage.
But again, this doesnt means that a rape case is to be treated false prima facie or with suspicion. One needs to be aware of the possibility that it 'might' be false, but it should be treated with urgency to that of a genuine one.
Once the investigation is underway, then is the time to take every possibility into account. Focus should be to get justice delivered.

I havent even mentioned in my earlier post how the police always dissuades the victim from filing a report and press for a settlement.
Add that to all the possibilities and there are a bunch of things to consider for the 48hr time lapse.

Last edited:
I have had 5 friends who were accused of rape.
And they were later acquitted by the court after wasting a year of their lives And the chick who accused them just walked away.
It was later said that it was move by her to exhort money.

And even if you have a preliminary understanding of law, you'd know that it is mandatory to file an FIR in 24 hours. Thats to prevent fake FIRs and to prevent influencing the victim.
It's not mandatory to file an FIR in 24 hours. You've misunderstood it. The police have to send the FIR to the nearest magistrate within 24 hours, and if it's a non-bailable offence, have to produce the culprit in court within 24 hours of arrest (unless there's a warrant against the culprit, in which case the police can detain him/her beyond 24 hours). There is a separate clause to tackle fake FIRs.

As much as I condone these kind of events, one thing bugs me. Why is it Flipkart employee molests maid? Why is it not, a man molests a maid? What does flipkart have to do with its employees behavior? This is clearly a police case, put that guy in jail for life, end of story. Just as if you molest someone no one else including your parents, spouse or practically anyone is responsible for it. This sort of feels as if the woman(not the maid) making the statement is trying to get some popularity by quoting flipkart's name.

Flipkart or not, the maid deserves justice all the same, find the guy, put him in jail.

Back