Video Firestick

Does Amazon Firestick support casting to TV like Chromecast ? Someone told me that it's possible.
It used to support casting youtube to tv, just like a chrome cast does. But it doesnt anymore since the google amazon issue. Now you need to access youtube on a browser like silk or Firefox. The performance is similar, but significant loss of functionality is there. You have to search the video and then play. There are other options but nothing as good.

Wait, you can easily restore the youtube functionality by restoring the old APK. So go ahead. You just can cast your screen. You can cast youtube videos.

Tried this but the downloader app is not available on firestick playstore. Tried dowloading the apk via ES file explorer, file downloaded but gave me error while installing. Any other way around?
Disable updates,
uninstall youtube app.

Download file on PC. Enable adb and other sources install.
find local IP address of your fire stick (find it on the device itself)
Use this app to install the apk over wifi (i used mac version). http://jocala.com/
Your PC needs to be on same wifi network.

And you're done.

Can someone tell me about the play store support in Fire Stick ? Does it offer full Play Store ?

Also, is it possible to play local content ( a movie I have with me or mp3 ) on TV ?

Last edited:
Can someone tell me about the play store support in Fire Stick ? Does it offer full Play Store ?

Also, is it possible to play local content ( a movie I have with me or mp3 ) on TV ?
You dont need play store. Sideload Kodi using the tool i mentioned above. Whatever file you need to play, you can play off the network or send file to device using the same app above or kodi. Pretty easy.

It's high time we get an Android box from a standard provider. I am currently bugging Xiaomi on Twitter to bring Mi Box to India. No response so far.

Back