I use BB and ZopNow (very rarely though) when I need FMCG items mostly. I prefer buying the big packs of everything like handwash refill, washing detergent or even Tea powder for that matter. Only because, why carry such heavy items yourself when someone else can.

However, when it comes to buying fruits, pulses, rice, atta, vegetable and meat, I prefer the local stores and sabzi mandi.

Last edited:
I know. But still.

Actually, I manage to get 5-10% discount even at my local store (call it a family account :p) And there isn't much difference in prices and discounts on Bigbasket and Grofers.
Good deal, i get that only at the pharmacy. There are two supermarkets and a hopcoms within walking distance. Very useful if you need to rush out and get anything. Just ten minutes and you're back home.

Thing is one of them is shifting because apparently the rent was increased. So i'm starting to tentatively look at other options.

Big Basket is good especially with spices and such food products. So I use them only when there is a need of it (plus they have some discounts)
Their prices are cheaper than what the hopcoms charges which surprised me. Buying fresh produce will take a leap of faith. So used to seeing and then going some place else if it does not look right.

I use BB and ZopNow (very rarely though) when I need FMCG items mostly. I prefer buying the big packs of everything like handwash refill, washing detergent or even Tea powder for that matter. Only because, why carry such heavy items yourself when someone else can.
heh i actually do this with a guy in the local market since a few years now. hurt my back once and asked whether he could deliver home and never went back to the shop since :D

see, there is no internet or app required. just a phone call, a list and his delivery guy brings it over. The weight is 20kg or more per month.

Mostly get veggies etc from the market. Quite a fair bit cheaper, fresher and handpicked. Also higher quantities get a much larger discount. The prices on Big basket are pretty high and there are times when even potatoes are out of stock. >_>

Wil try for FMCG products. But then even those you get cheaper and without having to wait. I do wish for a more discounted operator in the market with option for pickup and paid delivery. They would do well with economies of scale.

How does big basket fare for fruits? (Hyderabad) Can I expect them to deliver fresh stocks?
I had a mixed experience with them, Mango Himayath were very good, but the apples & banana were not fresh, in fact I returned the bananas, but it's been 6 months I've ordered anything from them.

Back