swatkats

Skilled
I use Zopnow and Bigbasket regularly

Zopnow - Every time they modify my order due to non-availability of the product. 3 hour delivery and No minimum order makes me give them first preference.
I have to guide the delivery person everyone since a new person comes over every time.

Bigbasket - Prices are just normal, If you're lucky you might get a discount now and then.
Delivery times are strictly followed, Boys have idea about addresses and no need to guide them.

Zip.in - Might get offers once in a while, They deliver the next day though. Least preferred.

With the launch of a New 'Basket' and 'kart' each day offering the same services, The competition is driving down prices of groceries. Other famous sites include Localbanya, Peppertap,Grofers etc.

Why one do you prefer? Tell us your experience.

Last edited:
The problem particularly with vegetables is how fresh ? packaged stuff is no problem.

I have a food world close by where i live but when i see their grocery section i know i can pick better if i go elsewhere. They have an app. To make matters worse they sell 'organic' (!) twice the local price for not twice as good.

And nothing beats a simple market. Instead of one seller you now have several tens coming from different sources. Women sitting on the ground don't pay rent.

i would love to be able to do this with a click but its not competitive enough right now.

Last edited:
Bigbasket.com is what I use. Vegetables are good and 95 pct of them are fresh. If you don't like something you can always return it. Prices are definitely cheaper than local shops and the convenience of getting them at home is fantastic. The delivery chaps are always very courteous. I almost always get 10 pct off thanks to their coupon discounts.

+1 for Big Basket. Very good experience so far. Vegetables are fresh, nicely packed, and if you don't like them, you can return. Have been ordering for a few months now, but never had to return.

Prices aren't exactly a plus, so you will need to plan ahead and load money into your BB wallet whenever there are cashback offers - which is currently like every month with PayTM, or Mobikwik.

I do strongly recommend them though ironically my friend's first experience wasn't very good, so for now I am just happy that they haven't messed up mine in all these months.

Prove it or retract your post!

i will post anywhere i want, whatever i want whether you like it or not.

got it.
Read the title of the thread. What we are trying to discuss and what you're posting.
You may post whatever you want, That's up to you. Let it be relevant
. BStter.

A friend of mine works for localbanya ..or rather 'worked'. He said that localbanya is deep in debt with many suppliers and basically shut shop while trying to find funding. It received some funding iirc but its as good as dead.

They were very aggressive both in marketing and in discounts.

I don't normally use these online grocery deliveries. I don't have anything against them, but I kind of like walking along the aisles of shelves in the supermarket, picking stuffs which 'I don't need', trying to 'drift' the trolley :D :p

ps: I have seen the ZopNow, Grofers guys picking stuffs from the 'Hypercity' supermarket.

I use Grofers. Quality of veggies is quite good for the pricing when I compared to local market pricing.
Plus they have cashbacks and discounts regularly. Delivery is within 1 - 2 hours so thats great.

I use BB. The quality of vegetables is much better than what is available in the local shops. Plus they come nicely packaged, to go straight into the fridge.

I used BB earlier but the quality of veggies wasn't upto the mark. Stopped buying veggies online, also from overpriced Air-conditioned supermarkets etc.

As my little contribution to help the farmers directly (and to avert their suicides) ; I've switched to local vendors (farmers selling directly) in vegetable market. I'm ok to buy from not so sophisticated places, I've stopped hard bargaining also, after knowing their financial conditions.

As my little contribution to help the farmers directly (and to avert their suicides) ; I've switched to local vendors (farmers selling directly) in vegetable market. I'm ok to buy from not so sophisticated places, I've stopped hard bargaining also, after knowing their financial conditions.
I buy mostly from local sellers and when they dont have what i need i go to Safal. I don't think that i've ever bargained for fruits and vegetables but I've asked for extra chillies, potatoes and tomatoes (the three items which i buy the most).

Grofers does the job for me. Too bad that they increased value for free shipping from Rs. 250 to 350.

But still. And they do have occasional coupons every now and then.

Would have used Big B, but I don't usually have a bill of 1k+ to avail free shipping.

It's only Rs.20 for under 1k order.

I know. But still.

Actually, I manage to get 5-10% discount even at my local store (call it a family account :p) And there isn't much difference in prices and discounts on Bigbasket and Grofers.

Big Basket is good especially with spices and such food products. So I use them only when there is a need of it (plus they have some discounts)

Back