Car & Bike FAT tyre for Unicorn!!

EscSysRq

Adept
k guys! after riding this bike i.e. unicorn black ver1 for 4 years with every thing on stock and minimum trip to repair shops , i found that bike is short on rubber....so decided to go for fat tyre ...my options are

120\80-18" MRF zapper-Q + ?rim-1600/-

110\90-18" MRF zapper-Q + ?rim-1500/-

120\80-17" MRF zapper-Q + ?rim-1600/-

which one is most suitable ....i asked market and they say 110\90-18 will fit on stock rim but i dont like the thin rim fat tyre combo ...so is it wise to go for fat tyre and wide rim....which rim will suit the best on unicorn's drum!! ...dont want to fit very small dia rim though[like eliminator]!! no alloy!!

You think stock tyre is not enough rubber why?

I've done banks at 100 with a 100 section on my karizma on ghats. I've scared my foot peg at 90+ while doing it. The 100 holds fine. heavier tyre is going affect your performance and fuel efficiency.

*actually i meant it is very much lapped :LOL:

ya i know it will take its toll on performance-average etc , but just for looks i m doing it . i m really bored with the look of rear !!

it will be a reversible mod that is i m making sure as of now!!!so no hurt in trying!!

so which rim ? any other bikes rim that is wide enough and suitable????

I have a 40BHP NSR150SP and I have 110 rear tyre. why the hell would anyone want a fatter tyre :|

Fatter tyre doesn't mean better grip,its the compound that matters,softer the better.Get something like Michelin m45.

me also thinkin of changin tyre of my Hero Honda Hunk (i dont wanna say just my hunk :ashamed:) tyres... almost flattened..loosin grip... thinkin of changin them just b4 it starts raining.

@OP...

110/80 shall be fine ...120 ones wont suite ur bike's tail...n will also be a problem while installing it...check if the chassis is nt interfering wid it...(old cbz chassis needs to be cut to have 120/80 installed.

@madnav

there is no 110\80 in markt [no MRF sure!] , it is 110\90-18....u r referring to

which brand

by the way ,

i went to mrf shop and have seen both 120 and 110 there...there not much difference,

even i m leaning towards 110 ....but i want it like 120/80 , 90 is too broad from side.

err it must be 110/90 then..m nt sure.

it was dunlop i thnk.

will confirm wid my cousin..hez d 1 who bought it for old cbz

the 110/90 should fit without any problems also you dont need to change the rims..

the rims on your bike can handle a tyre size upto 120/80 so there is no question of it being a case of thin rim n fat tyre. The tyre wont be bulging out over the rim.

But using a 110/90 tyre size will definately make the throttle heavier as compared to before...

If you arent satisfied with the current zappers then i suggest you go for the dunlop geo cruiser 100/90. The zappers are hopeless tyres and for some reason they look skinnier than most tyres of the same size i.e. a zapper 100/90 looks skinnier than a dunlop 100/90. Besides the dunlop geocruiser is much better than the stock zapper.

greenhorn said:
where is nikhil ? he's he the tyre professional :D

OMG! That is the name of one of our shops! :p

Anyway, it is an utter waste to put a big tyre. Well, except for looks.

If it's only for looks, why bother with researching? Go to a tyre shop, ask them to fit the biggest tyre and you are done.

If you are actually looking for quality, then maybe the Michelin M45 or Pirelli Sport Daemon. PSD is available in 120 section.

Also, the Unicorn cant take in bigger than 110 without modifications to the swingarm. And that could create more problems.

Zapper Q is ok. It seems to be a decent tyre.

@SunnyBoi
Good point..but good grip ows much to the chasis also, in which NSR excels.
R15 has superb grip and it inspires confidance in corners with 100/80 tyre, while P220 is much behind with 120/80 tyre. no offence meant friend.
BTW nice bike.

@OP
I don't think u will get 110 section tubed tyre.
If u have alloy wheels then straight away go for Michelin M45. Much better tread pattern and grip than MRFs But it is made of comparatively softer compound than MRFs so the mileage (tyre life) is less and cost is approx double. u can use this tyre with tube inside, but then there is no point in spending a tubeless tyre.

Otherwise go for Dunlop Geo Cruiser 100/90*18" (original CBZ tyre). Though it is 100/90, it looks fatter than ur stock tyre and it also has central groove, so it's better for rains too.

If u can 120/80*18 tubed tyre then I think MRF has a pirelli SD replica tyre. It's almost impossible to recon it as not-pirelli. if u want just the looks , this is VFM.

too many options. Decide ur budget first.

bhai jano tube rahit tyre me mijhe koi akarsan nahi hai...kyonki mere vaahan me chakra-tiliyan lagi hui hai...!!

aure waise bhi MRF aur nimna star wale tyre ko chodh kar aur koi mere isthaan me uplabdh nahi hai...!!

Nikhil bhai kya aap bata skte hai ki FZ-16 jaisa choudai wala chakra nirmit hota hai ki nahi.....

chaudai wala chakra jaruri hai....

Back