Farmer commits suicide at AAP rally

During the Telangana agitation, there were occasional cases where some people were apparently convinced by political leaders and party workers to attempt suicide in public by setting themselves on fire after drowsing themselves in kerosene with the understanding that they will be saved by them immediately before any damage is done. The attempt itself was to be used by the leaders for publicity, but it was obviously even better if those people were successful in their suicide attempts, so they were not saved and allowed to die and the incident was used for publicity.

I just hope this is not a similar case. AAP blames the police, but what is the police supposed to do there. They have enough work on their hands during such rallies already, so how are they to stop and babysit people who are trying kill themselves.

there are conflicting reports of him being even a farmer.

he was a trader by profession and was well to do in financial terms.

last time around he even fought for an MLA election in rajasthan.
and he has shifted his loyalty to different parties, last of it being AAP.

from conflicting reports it suggests it was supposed to be a job shown as attempt to suicide but gone wrong during implementation.

reminds me of similar case where a person posted posters around delhi filled with communal hatred, AAP denied any connection with him and come the election time, he was given a ticket.

seems like Aam Aadmi Party is converting into "Aap C****a Party ", was a follower of AK earlier, but after seeing recent development, its time to rethink once again :(

Last edited by a moderator:
/conspiracy theory hat on

This guy was not really a farmer. He was an AAP member. He was planted by AK himself at the venue, so that to gain more brownie points on Land Acquisition Bill. Plan included just to threaten about committing suicide, but alas, plan gone wrong.

Meh. Maybe he was genuine and just wanted to bring the issue to light. These politicians ignore them completely. AAP gets unprecedented attention, if you were a farmer that wanted to die and bring light on the issue, no better place.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Kejriwal-responsible/articleshow/47025543.cms

Family members maintained that Rajawat just wanted to highlight the plight of the farmers but was incited by the party workers to take such drastic step.

"He was a positive and a headstrong man. He was sad for the crop damage and disturbed due the callous attitude of government in distributing compensation. But situation was not that he would commit suicide. It seems that he was provoked by some in the rally," said Surendra Singh, brother-in-law of Rajawat.

As I mentioned in a previous post, it might have been a stunt on the same lines as what happened during the telangana agitations. He may not have been incited to commit suicide, but maybe he was convinced to make the attempt with the promise that he will be saved in the nick of time, but they didn't.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Kejriwal-responsible/articleshow/47025543.cms

As I mentioned in a previous post, it might have been a stunt on the same lines as what happened during the telangana agitations. He may not have been incited to commit suicide, but maybe he was convinced to make the attempt with the promise that he will be saved in the nick of time, but they didn't.

You may be right here.
Asphyxial death due to hanging is relatively slow, which can be stopped by supporting the person immediately. Though the scene is equally ugly, person recovers uneventfully mostly.

Whereas, the Hangman fracture (#C1/2 vertebra) the death is nearly instant. It's the ideal mode of execution for Judicial hanging. If the knot is on the front of the neck instead of back, this can happen.

If this stunt was planned by AAP members to create sensation & news, it should be banned. Culprits should be punished severely.

there were reports that suicide note wasnt actually a suicide note . he was planted there to put up a speech later. that letter was his speech.

the tehsildar has said, he was among the well off person financially and the crops damaged are less than 25 % in that area.

he is a trader by profession, and sells saffe(whatever it is called locally).

Yeah, in a normal suicidal hanging, there would be quite some time to save the person. Person doesn't die instantly like with the methodical system used for capital punishment where instant death is usually a requirement. Apparently, he was encouraged by party workers while he was doing the deed and police was actively obstructed from coming near the tree. When the ambulance came, that too was obstructed and the party workers even claimed that he was a party worker.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...gh-to-commit-suicide/articleshow/47025919.cms

I have no problem believing the police account.

This person is no normal farmer and even his family claims that he had no reason to commit suicide and the tehsildar's account confirms the same. He was also interested in politics and apparently even contested once. He supposedly went to meet Manish before the rally.

My theory is that he was convinced that a publicity stunt like attempting suicide (with the promise that he would be saved in time) during the rally would win him a lot of political mileage and may be a good standing within the AAP. He went through with the deed amid encouragement from party workers, but for whatever reason he did not get saved. Maybe it was due to some misjudgment or maybe it was intentional, I don't know for sure. I do believe that the people around there must have ample time to save him even after he did the deed and that did not happen and on the contrary police was obstructed from going near the tree and later some party workers climbed the tree and let the body loose after he stopped struggling due to death or losing consciousness.

BJP is the biggest fraud in India, before elections they promised they will buy rice @ 2500 rs. per 100kg :(, but after election, they are not at all interested in doing so :( . This is the sole reason i gave them my vote.

i want my vote back :(

http://www.opindia.com/2015/04/meet-gajendra-singh-the-farmer-who-committed-suicide/[DOUBLEPOST=1429812725][/DOUBLEPOST]
BJP is the biggest fraud in India, before elections they promised they will buy rice @ 2500 rs. per 100kg :(, but after election, they are not at all interested in doing so :( . This is the sole reason i gave them my vote.

i want my vote back :(

What about the petrol you use in your ****ing elitist superbike.
You save more on the ****ing fuel than you would on rice.

Last edited:
Back