Fallout 4 - War. War never changes.

First CoD now this. Whats up with the german shepherds? why not pit bulls, rottweilers, labs. ugh!

XBox One, PS4 and PC. About time they shed the dead weight of last gen. Nonetheless, did anyone else notice it didn't look much better than Skyrim? My modded Skyrim looks better. Hope they up the textures and lightning.

XBox One, PS4 and PC. About time they shed the dead weight of last gen. Nonetheless, did anyone else notice it didn't look much better than Skyrim? My modded Skyrim looks better. Hope they up the textures and lightning.
precisely it was a bit disgusting,war never changes and apparently neither do the graphics,i am tired of waiting for the visuals to step it the **** up.back when crysis 3 came cevat yerli proclaimed it will be the best looking game for the next year or some such,i laughed it off,but then it actually came true -__- fallout 4 is 7th gen no matter how you slice it,especially that dog,its not even a decent 7th gen asset WTF.the best part is no one seems to care much about this,but when witcher 3 was less eye popping than its e3 reveal everyone lost their damn minds.
now we have to wait who knows how many years to get a bethesda rpg with gorgeous visuals.fantastic.no i do not care for mods,they can go f themselves.

Last edited:
I remember Oblivion was a graphical breakthrough when it came out. Since then neither Fallout 3 nor Skyrim has been very impressive when they came out. Well at least there won't be any downgrade drama over this haha.

i was pretty surprised when i found out oblivion was a beast back in the day,ushered in the 7th gen and all that,well what do you know,bethesda liked it so much they have decided to remain in that gen.f4 might as well be cross gen,i mean after all if they decided to use gamebryo and not be at the cutting edge then why exactly did they sacrifice a large install base? bad publicity or something?i doubt it,i also doubt such a release woudnt pay off,the hell are they thinking?

I believe that Bethesda thinks that Oblivion was too taxing for the PCs and wasn't as widespread as a result. So they turned down the graphics since Fallout 3. I don't care about vanilla game that much tbh. Mods all the way.

First CoD now this. Whats up with the german shepherds? why not pit bulls, rottweilers, labs. ugh!

AFAIK, Every Fallout game had a German Sherpherd. Part of the tradition. Also, armies use either Shepherds or Labradors.

Another awesome game at the same time shitty?

What I love about Fallout (actually Bethesda open world games - Oblivion, FO3, Skyrim)
- Open World
- Immersive experience
- Interesting quests and consequences
- Crazy Mods

What I Hate:-
- The Combat actually sucks! We all have seen far better and played better combat in games
- All the chicks in the game are the ugliest ever!

I'm betting FO 4 is pretty much going to be the same! I actually prefer Bioware games a lot more.

Mods for both. Some ahem mods are available too if you know what I mean.
Haha. Though I don't think the combat mods improve the combat, such as AI behaviour and the general way the game handles combat? Well I don't remember now, as Have played FO-NV, so looonnnggg back!

So many customization! I mean its a RPG wtf should you build a house set perimeter security etc etc. Its not RTS. Weapon customization is good. Instead of house & security build up they would have given option for vehicle buildup.

Last edited:
This will be the first Bethsoft title I'll play since Oblivion thanks to a bit more generous use of color, couldn't get into FO3 and Skyrim because of the shit brown and depressing grey landscapes.

The tone of the game itself is depressing you are in a post apocalyptic era thus the atmosphere. Moreover after removing the tint FO 3 Looks awesome!
Also there are tons of mods to make it better. Anyways it seems fallout 4 is targeted towards those who never played any of its previous games. Otherwise I think Fo3 & fo4 are almost similar.

Last edited:
Well I played both at launch when mods aren't really available. Not that i found the atmosphere in FO3 gloomy or anything but that color palette was an eyesore after just a couple of hours.
The game also came out a year after I had poured hundreds of hours into Oblivion so it just felt like more of the same with guns and the same horrible animations.

FO3 too was targeted at players who never played the older ones, there was a nice article related to that topic here.
FO:NV is regarded as the better game of the two thanks to Obsidian but I couldn't get into that either due to the amount of bugs it had at launch (as is the norm with any Bethsoft published title).

I'm still not jumping on the hype train and will see how the game is at launch before purchasing, they're getting into the habit of releasing half-baked games and letting the community do the rest.
Let's just hope those paid mods don't make a comeback, think that was what they were prepping us for.

Back