OC & Modding Extreme Overclocking with ASUS Maximus VII Impact, Strix 980Ti and 4790k

CloudVII

Disciple
Hello guys !!!

Its another extreme overclocking update from my OC sessions at ASUS India Office!!

Today I had a chance to do some extreme overclocking using the best mini-itx motherboard Maximus VII Impact and the brand me Strix 980Ti DC3.

The complete system specs :-

• Asus Maximus VII Impact
  • Asus Strix 980Ti
  • CM V1000
  • Gskill Pi
  • Intel 4790K
  • Samsung 840 Pro
  • Derb8uer Beast on the CPU
This was the 1st time I was benching this 4790k and by some good luck this CPU did amazing work and was able to run hwprime at 6.1Ghz, Cinebench r15 at 5.9Ghz and 5.8 on 3D benchmarks

Below are some setup pictures :-

3zBfGQi.jpg

3zBfGQi.jpg

lTeF1kC.jpg

Z1IQiSv.jpg

HwUspUZ.jpg

x93jPpa.jpg

rM0nL7s.jpg

7B1nbGm.jpg

0xG5Ekj.jpg

Below are the results for all the benchmarks :-

Benchmarks Used :-

• Cinebench r15
  • Geekbench
  • Firestrike and Firestrike extreme
  • Catzilla 720p and 1440p
  • Aquamark
  • 3DMark Vantage
Aquamark

Catzilla 1440p

Catzilla 720p

Fire Strike Extreme

Fire Strike

3DMark Vantage

GeekBench3

hwprime

I hope you guys enjoyed the post :)

Please hit me up with any questions you guys have regarding overclocking :D

Regards,
CloudVII

Nice!
a few questions:
1. whats the grey 'm-seal' looking goo all over the motherboard?
2. were you able to run any games to see how much a boost the oc gave?
3. can you tell us more about the cpu cooler (or post some links). i can't seem to find any reliable info online on what it is or how it works. Thanks :)

Nice!
a few questions:
1. whats the grey 'm-seal' looking goo all over the motherboard?
2. were you able to run any games to see how much a boost the oc gave?
3. can you tell us more about the cpu cooler (or post some links). i can't seem to find any reliable info online on what it is or how it works. Thanks :)

The grey material is called kneading eraser used to insulate the motherboard from all that water which starts forming.

You don't do extreme overclocking for gaming ;) I will do some overclocked gaming results thread soon, So check that out when its posted :D

The CPU cooler is called an LN2 pot for using with LN2 or Dry ice. The ln2 pot used here is called Der8auer ECC http://der8auer.com/product-category/cpucontainer/beast/

Please let me know if you wanna know more :D

Back