experience with amazonglobal?

PH0ENiX

Skilled
i am looking for a evga 1060 for HTPC,amazon is shipping to india for a mere 10usd.
so i wanted to know if any one of you has any experience buying from amazonglobal.

Yeah.. been holding off exploring options with AmazonGlobal for want of feedback too.

any members here with experience?

I've used the Amazon Global store, not for electronics though. No warranty on the product. You will need to provide KYC documents to the courier partner they choose and will have to show ID proof at the time of delivery. The price is inclusive of door delivery shipping and customs duty. Customs duty is collected via the Import Fee Deposit. If actual customs duty is in excess you don't pay anything extra, if actual is less than the deposit, you get the difference refunded.

The experience was smooth except for the moronic courier partner they chose (Aramex) for my shipment. That courier company never stopped daily sms and e-mails asking for KYC even though I had already submitted the documents. Apparently, I'm not the only sufferer, a Google search throws up a number of posts about their idiotic behavior.

Just to add, Aramex will require your KYC if you are a first time customer from Amazon Global. They won't ask it again once its updated in their system.

My personal experience has been okay. Delivery was timely. Packaging was proper with bubble wrap, etc.

Sorry for going a bit off topic
OP, you said HTPC which even I'm planning for, would you please share other build components.. most importantly the case/cabinet.. I have my eyes on Fractal Design Node 202 which I'm planning to get from Amazon global.

I am myself building a HTPC but for Netflix, Amazon prime video, blueray, YouTube and downloading. But doing everything DIY. From case to all.
Have used Amazon global a lot and always top notch. No issues ever. Most recent was 2 Transacnd 480 GB SSD's. Got them just for 7500 each at home in 5 days.

how much shipping?
and what do i give for KYC?

every time in recent times i try to order anything the shipping cost puts me off
I am myself building a HTPC but for Netflix, Amazon prime video, blueray, YouTube and downloading. But doing everything DIY. From case to all.
Have used Amazon global a lot and always top notch. No issues ever. Most recent was 2 Transacnd 480 GB SSD's. Got them just for 7500 each at home in 5 days.

Shipping cost for both was was about 700 INR. Gave adhar Card for for id and address proof.
Was delivered by aramex.
link to the ssd?
700 seems so low,in recent times i havent seen below 20-30usd shipping charge.

and i assume ID proof must match the name on address you give to amzn

I've ordered an 8TB external HDD and a 750GB SSD using Amazon Global.

The SSD order was as follows:
- 102.07 USD product
- 30.23 USD import fees and shipping deposit
- Ordered on 24/11/16 arrived on 9/12/16
- A customs refund of 12.43 USD was recently issued to my card

Total spent on customs and shipping was just 17.8 USD for a 102.07 USD MX300 750GB.

The HDD order was as follows:
- 190.32 USD product
- 19.68 USD import fees and shipping deposit
- Ordered on 21/11/16 arrived on 9/12/16
- No customs refund

Both were shipped via Aramex who delivered the items before the estimated ETA and everything was packed well. 10/10 experience overall.

I have ordered memory, memory cards, SSDs, tripods, mini-itx cabby (silverstone SG13) from amazon.com (Global Delivery). But not the global tagged ones on amazon.in

I have never had any issues. And quite a few times have received packages within 5days.

Back