Exide tubular battery started leaking acid from +ve terminal

Never heard of excel batteries, whats the warranty they offer. Another brand to consider is from southern batteries called hi-tech they have many models called impact,invader and c10 which also have upto 5 years warranty as usual its with solar use.

If the back uptime is less then the power cut, that is when I replace them. So far only on some tree branch cutting days is the backup insufficient and definetly on some overnight rainy days, when bescom only restores them in the morning.

I will be upgrading this year hopefully to a 5000w solar inverter, initially used without solar panels. so that I could run some kitchen appliances like microwave,induction stove

4yrs for the excel tubular. Hi power only has the invader series in C10, Strangely, their solar batteries are only C20

hipower invader.PNG

The 180AH at 51kg beats out every one for dry weight thus far

Their catalogue shows still heavier for invader, heh which is the right weight here ?

hipower invader_older.PNG
[DOUBLEPOST=1526127281][/DOUBLEPOST]What's interesting is for a runtime of 4-6h you are already getting 80% of the capacity

hipower C10 derate.PNG

Last edited:
If you look at their catalog, the one which is lighter in dry weigh also holds more acid for all models ,180ah has 1.2l more of acid, meaning since there is more lead which occupies more volume less space for liquid. The question is which spec battery is currently on market.

Back