Excitel Community Help

@Excitel I'm using excitel for 3 months since availability in my area. The problem I face is packet loss , which is major concern for me as I m pro player in csgo (counter strike global offensive) . Your customer care nor understands my problem , once the executive redirected my call to head of its department and he also nor accept that there is problem instead said that its website or sever issue.
But I'm using DEN ISP for every long time nor I receive packet loss not even 1 % in 10000 packets sent.
I have tested this through my own command prompt on 8.8.8.8 which has upto 5 -10% packet loss and on @valve game server 155.133.233.16 its has upto 15%.
Even I get new wire connection from excitel even then it doesn't resolve the issue (problem of any connector or damaged wire or from switch).
I have complained in excitel application many times an dadd snapshot of losses and even in facebook page of excitel but soluation came.
Right now I'm using two ISP , DEN and Excitel and I will disconnect Excitel as it doesn't serve my purpose of internet service.
Your my last hope to fix my issue.
@manu1991

Could you post the last, most recent ticket created for this issue? Packet loss troubleshooting surely does get tricky owing to several dependencies and points at which things can go wrong, and subsquently, maintaining 100% connection stability may not be possible in all cases, but we will surely follow up on the case to its final resolution.

upload_2017-5-26_18-37-50.png

upload_2017-5-26_18-38-14.png

@Excitel They closed the ticket as they unable to solve my problem. My point is what I think is routing issue because this packet loss problem in my den connection if you talk about internet stability.

MOST WORST experience to choose Service excitel Broad Band in Hyderabad in KPHB

I requested for new internet connection on 20-may-2017 & amount payed 500/- on same day to excitel sale person Mr. B.Ramesh(9014139855//9703706478)(S.ID:1423819),

As per him, I'll get new connection in couple of days, but till now I didn't get connection(passed 10 days)

even connection is not given hot experience like this, if ill got connection also any net issue these people will not respond

I dont have interest continue with excitel, kindly refund my amount

I requested for new internet connection on 20-may-2017 & amount payed 500/- on same day to excitel sale person Mr. B.Ramesh(9014139855//9703706478)(S.ID:1423819),

As per him, I'll get new connection in couple of days, but till now I didn't get connection(passed 10 days)

even connection is not given hot experience like this, if ill got connection also any net issue these people will not respond

Thanks for the heads up, saw a mini tent advertisement near my place in Manikonda and almost pulled the plug on my existing Airtel broadband connection.
Think I'll stick to Airtel for the time being.

Hi Venkat.

Issues such as those are taken seriously. We are trying to understand the underlying reasons due to which such situations arise. Therefore, I would like to request you to send your contact details (name, the phone number you contacted from, address etc) to:
community@excitel.com OR you could also simply send me a private message here.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please assist us with checking such a case so that we can prevent it from being repeated in the future.

Honestly, I have zero likes towards this type of ISP model. Through LCO. ISP to last mile is the best thing and the top 10 ISP's in India are working great on the same model only.

You have 15 days of time from the date of payment. After that you just approach TRAI, File a complaint with them. Even my friend in Durga nagar colony, Panjagutta has access to this provider through LCO, I told him to avoid and stay with ACT fibernet. Even if they offer, 100mbps Truly unlimited for 500/month, Excitel cannot maintain QoS. Period

@Excitel My LCO contacted me and proposed to go FTTH and asked INR 500/- for a ONT / ONU. They also said it be refundable. (when and if I cease using excitel.)

I am not convinced how it will help, will it help in getting higher speeds than 100 mbps? Can you please clarify?

i have created an account on this website just to ask the below questions @Excitel

1) what is your stance on static ip. a lot of users want a static ip and they are even ready to pay for them. then why are you not providing this facility?
if you are going to give me the same old public ips are scarce and isps have to pay a huge amount to obtain them , then please just stop right there.
a lot of isps provide static ips. if they can then you also can do the same.

2) what is your stance on packet loss. again a lot of people have complained about packet loss on your fb page, on various other broadband forums and at this point you gotta admit that indeed there is a problem. i am a video gamer. even 1-3% of packet loss hurts me the most. some times it gets so annoying that i feel like punching the fu*k out of my monitor .
now again if you are going to give me the same old , have you complained or give me the latest ticket number pertaining to this issue , that it gets difficult to rectify such problem due to last mile connectivity, then again i will ask you stop right there.
are you guys really happy in being a mediocre isp catering to the need of mediocre audience ? why are you guys so reluctant to cater to the needs of tech savvy and technical audience?

why arent you guys checking your routers/modems/lan switches/ wirings for packet loss? or the same at local cable operators end?
out of 1000 packets even if 1 packet gets lost, it hurts my overall experience a lot.

its 2017 and i still cannot believe that we do not get good stable internet.
my area is soo pathetic that i dont have any other isp except you guys. there is no airtel , no hathway , no spectranet, no act , no nothing.

at this point i am so frustrated annoyed and dont know what to do next.
i just want clear cut answers. if you can give me them then well and good. if you are just going to give me same old copy pasted answers/solutions then you might as well just ignore my post.

i have created an account on this website just to ask the below questions @Excitel

1) what is your stance on static ip. a lot of users want a static ip and they are even ready to pay for them. then why are you not providing this facility?
if you are going to give me the same old public ips are scarce and isps have to pay a huge amount to obtain them , then please just stop right there.
a lot of isps provide static ips. if they can then you also can do the same.

We understand your frustration but as per our current company policies we are not providing static IPs.

2) what is your stance on packet loss. again a lot of people have complained about packet loss on your fb page, on various other broadband forums and at this point you gotta admit that indeed there is a problem. i am a video gamer. even 1-3% of packet loss hurts me the most. some times it gets so annoying that i feel like punching the fu*k out of my monitor .
now again if you are going to give me the same old , have you complained or give me the latest ticket number pertaining to this issue , that it gets difficult to rectify such problem due to last mile connectivity, then again i will ask you stop right there.
are you guys really happy in being a mediocre isp catering to the need of mediocre audience ? why are you guys so reluctant to cater to the needs of tech savvy and technical audience?

Since you are tech savvy enough to understand, based on our current partner model of internet service delivery, which relies upon Ethernet cables for the last mile connectivity, it is impractical to achieve (and sustain) a 0% packet loss internet connection. As can be expected, some packet loss and jitter is to be expected, and while best efforts are made to resolve and fix issues so that they do not resurface again, in some areas, packet loss may occur intermittently, based on our analysis.

why arent you guys checking your routers/modems/lan switches/ wirings for packet loss? or the same at local cable operators end?
out of 1000 packets even if 1 packet gets lost, it hurts my overall experience a lot.

Well, infact, we do. It is not visible to the outside world, but we actively monitor all Points of Presence (PoPs) that are utilized by our network. This is how we are able to find out problematic links and rectify them before relying upon the customer to lodge a complaint regarding the same.

its 2017 and i still cannot believe that we do not get good stable internet.
my area is soo pathetic that i dont have any other isp except you guys. there is no airtel , no hathway , no spectranet, no act , no nothing.

at this point i am so frustrated annoyed and dont know what to do next.
i just want clear cut answers. if you can give me them then well and good. if you are just going to give me same old copy pasted answers/solutions then you might as well just ignore my post.

I hope you found our answers to be "clear cut", as you requested. We have always attempted to give a clear idea about our stance on any particular issue that customers such as yourself bring to the table.

@Excitel I just want to try your broadband for a month to see if its good and then pull the plug on ACT broadband. But your sales guy is saying "500rs for installation" even though your pamphlet says "free installation". He also says free installation only If I subscribe for 3 months. Is this legal?

@Excitel thanks for responding.

1. if no static ip then a facility to open ports on the main router that is under your control would be great or at least some solution of some sorts.
2. In that case i hope u guys switch to customer end fiber as soon as possible. hope is all i got as i am pretty much stuck due to no other alternative being present in my area.

@Excitel I just want to try your broadband for a month to see if its good and then pull the plug on ACT broadband. But your sales guy is saying "500rs for installation" even though your pamphlet says "free installation". He also says free installation only If I subscribe for 3 months. Is this legal?

I have sent you a private message to collect more information about the situation you explained, so that we can investigate it at our end. Awaiting your resource response to it.

Thank You

Try it man, Pay for 3 months, If you are lucky enough your internet might work for 1 month out of 3 months. :p

@Excitel
Do you block torrents?

Hi,

No, we do not block nor prohibit P2P traffic (torrents) in any way.

Try it man, Pay for 3 months, If you are lucky enough your internet might work for 1 month out of 3 months. :p

Only some areas have intermittent disconnections that pose a significant concern. These areas are being targeted and partner networks are being replaced by that of our own implementation, thereby eliminating these issues by maintaining an efficient network routing.

Only some areas have intermittent disconnections that pose a significant concern. These areas are being targeted and partner networks are being replaced by that of our own implementation, thereby eliminating these issues by maintaining an efficient network routing.

I've been waiting to switch to other ISP from ACT but non of them are able to compete with them in terms of uptime, I've not had any disconnections since an year + these ACT people are pulling more and more cables day by day for redundancy. I don't see that from other ISP's.

Excitel or YOU (vodafone) or Hathway or Jio irrespective of Unlimited plans or TB FUP's,
Average customer wants minimum uptime of 99%, Decent latency + promised bandwidth availability at all times.

Having said so, Even initial customers of excitel in Delhi are complaining about degrading services, Which makes your company none better than the likes of Tikona etc..

Last edited:
Back