Excitel Broadband in Hyderabad; Plans, Availability.

swatkats

Skilled
After dominating Delhi's Internet scene. Internet service provider Excitel has launched in Hyderabad. As of now, there is little information on the availability of service, It looks ACT the undisputed leader has got some TRULY UNLIMITED competition from a player who is here for Heavy Downloaders.

Here are the tariff plans:

havjSWO.png

The above Speeds mentioned on the left side(s) is the International bandwidth which is your normal internet speed and the speed on the right side means high speed for / Cached Torrents / YouTube / Hotstar / Google play store downloads which are cached at their local server.

Actually its misleading but read it as:

20Mbps - Rs. 695 + taxes (20Mbps + 20Mbps = 40 Mbps speeds ONLY to Youtube, Play store, Hotstar etc)
25Mbps - Rs. 995+taxes (25Mbps + 30Mbps = 55 Mbps speeds ONLY to Youtube, Play store, Hotstar etc)
30Mbps - Rs. 1395+taxes (30Mbps + 50Mbps = 80 Mbps speeds ONLY to Youtube, Play store, Hotstar etc)

Just like their Delhi rollout, It might be through Local cable operators. It would be tough for them to beat ACT Fibernet because they have established themselves as reliable and affordable fastest internet player in Hyderabad. Lets see, Who eats in to who.

Toll-Free Contact: 1-800-419-0616
Office Hyderabad address: Saroja's Building, 4th Floor, H.No-1-8-229/14, Natrajan Colony, PG Road, Secunderabad - 500003

Last edited:
Looks like another new misleading advertising gimmick by useless marketroids... like the "80 mbps" plan should actually be 50 mbps (or really 30 mbps) because that's the max speed you will get that too only "internal" connections.. actual internet speed is 30 mbps... they are advertising the sum of them :D

Sadly, in this country, probably nobody cares, even in the US where internet is not so great, there are consumer bodies that are suing companies like Comcast/Verizon for claiming "fastest speeds" etc.

It is 30mbps to provider(Tata or whatever) PLUS 50mbps to peering line, so if both are active (like in a Google download or peered torrent) you'll get 80mbps. Connection speed to ISP node should also be 80mbps and I think that is the definition of speed which most ISPs use. I think it's from ADSL era, where lines would be bigger factor. They gave peering and direct separately before and included taxes in prices, but guess they thought they were at a disadvantage.

Don't understand why they don't give higher internet speed in packages after 20mbps one. If contention is similar, it should be at least 50% more. I guess they are limited because they don't give Fiber till a low level.

It is 30mbps to provider(Tata or whatever) PLUS 50mbps to peering line, so if both are active (like in a Google download or peered torrent) you'll get 80mbps. Connection speed to ISP node should also be 80mbps and I think that is the definition of speed which most ISPs use. I think it's from ADSL era, where lines would be bigger factor. They gave peering and direct separately before and included taxes in prices, but guess they thought they were at a disadvantage.
From what i understand, They will roll out FTTB infrastructure. And also its stupid now a days to give different speeds to Peering Sites (Why can't it be 100mbps Flat?)
Not saying these aren't excellent packages though.
Why not? Who gives 20mbps Truly Unlimited for 695+ taxes? What happened to that Firangi fool whom you met 5years back.

Why not? Who gives 20mbps Truly Unlimited for 695+ taxes? What happened to that Firangi fool whom you met 5years back.

LOL I guess you missed (or maybe I mistyped) the double-negative in my comment, I meant to say yes I do think these are excellent packages :D

Also LOL @ "firangi fool" - are you talking about mgc of hayai???

didn't notice the N'T part. My bad. Yes, Troll broadband of NZ. Now rolling out 1Tbps Internet in USA to compete with Google Fiber, US Internet and the likes! :p

I think Excitel had an advantage in Delhi that there wasn't that much competition here as most were on stuff like 4mbps 30gb for 700/- but are now are giving Excitel like plans. So average Data consumed should be lower. But in Hyderabad people with lower data usage might not shift, so Excitel might get choked a bit but I guess it would be fine if most Data is peering stuff.

high time we Bangloreans to be treated fair. Even Act plans in Hyderabad doesnt suck as much as it is here in Bangalore. Excitel, you got the wrong crowd excited.

Map updated..

It's mostly around Kukatpally and Mehdipatnam.

Attachments

• Capture-excitel.PNG
    Capture-excitel.PNG
    290.4 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Excitel even reached Hyderabad meanwhile for the last 5 months im waiting for them to expand just little bit so that they reach my home
According to their map they are just 1.3km away and their customer care has been saying that they will expand to my area very soon for the last 2 months

Just saw an update to an older thread on another forum (IBF) and went to see http://www.excitel.com/excitel-privacy-policy/ - nice lovely reading, including the last line.

I guess there are no laws here against such privacy/consumer unfriendly behaviour, wonder when/if they will ever come to be.

We already experience this BS with things like TV channels "injecting" ads by plastering annoying animations in the middle of scenes and/or shrinking the video to make room for this shite :D

(At least they're "honest" enough to post it on the website, wonder how many others do such things without even admitting to it)

Just saw an update to an older thread on another forum (IBF) and went to see http://www.excitel.com/excitel-privacy-policy/ - nice lovely reading, including the last line.

I guess there are no laws here against such privacy/consumer unfriendly behaviour, wonder when/if they will ever come to be.

We already experience this BS with things like TV channels "injecting" ads by plastering annoying animations in the middle of scenes and/or shrinking the video to make room for this shite :D

(At least they're "honest" enough to post it on the website, wonder how many others do such things without even admitting to it)
Seems like they took the link down, had to read it via google cache they are upfront about it but personally, I wouldn't go for an ISP who MITM their consumer's network traffic.

Link is working ATM for me, but just saw their post on the other forum (IBF) that they have NO plans to do this, was a "legal glitch" and they will update it soon apparently :)

Back