Graphic Cards EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Thermal Pads INDIA

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by laptop7, Nov 15, 2016.

1. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

Hi

Is there any one from INDIA who has requested for the Thermal Pads that EVGA is offering?

PS: i have requested one but still its Awaiting Shipment status

2. Chaoseater

Chaoseater Well-Known Member
    Adept

I have requested one for GTX 1060. It still awaiting shipment. I had to upload the invoice, Just got it done.

Serious Sam likes this.
  3. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

nice to hear that ... pls keep posting the updates once you receive them
    All others can post their experience with EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Thermal issues/fixes...

Serious Sam likes this.
  4. Chaoseater

Adept

Had rised a ticket regarding the thermal pads delay. Reply attached below
    Evga.jpg

5. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

ya even i got the same reply request raised on OCT 24 ...:(

6. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

Finally after one month wait the status updated to.......... Request Shipped 11/28/2016 (Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery).

7. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

at last received the thermal pads today all over from Germany... :)

8. Chaoseater

Adept

Wanted to update long back, I received last week though. Also, initially I had ordered one to friends place in US and subsequently I had asked EVGA to change the address to India. My friend in US has received in US about a month back. I have received in India last week. Seriously, wish we had SVC like EVGA in India.

Thank You EVGA.

9. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

yes kudos to EVGA Support.:happy::happy::happy:. i see a drop of 5-6 C temps after applying thermla pads

10. mach9

mach9 Resident Tranceaddict
    Adept

For you guys that own EVGA 1080's have they fixed the issue now? Also any clue if EVGA have international warranty on the 1080?

11. Jasku

Jasku Well-Known Member
    Adept

^^ Yea they do, but you have to ship the card to Taiwan to claim the warranty.

12. Chaoseater

Adept

Seriously, I haven't tried it yet. Need to wait till end of this month as I am out of city.

13. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

They have come up with New brand of cards with changes in cooling system .. GTX 1080 FTW2 ICX cooling which will be released this month... yes they do provide international warranty

mach9 likes this.
  14. mach9

Adept

In the UAE the FTW2 ICX has not yet been released, the original FTW and the SC/Classified are still available.

Was thinking of getting the FTW. Is it worth it over the SC? The price difference between the 2 is marginal. The Asus STRIX is also in the same range

15. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

ICX cards are not yet released anywhere .. they are showcased in CES2017 and they will be released by End of this month or next... if ur interested in EVGA then please wait untill FTW2 ICX get released or else at this point i would suggest to go for Asus STRIX or Zotac AMP Extreme Edition

mach9 likes this.
  16. mach9

Adept

International warranty is prime concern.. Don't really like Asus design language on the 1080, no experience with Zotac previously whatsoever

17. laptop7

laptop7 Active Member
    Disciple

if looking for international warranty then i would suggest to wait for FTW2 ICX cards

18. mach9

Adept

Thanks hopefully won't be too long, UAE launches and availability usually follows the US ones quite soon