English TV series discussion

Now that's a good one.They hyped up Altered Carbon but this is the sci-fi show to go for on Netflix.
Yep! Altered carbon was shit. This one how ever is very immersive. The background music and the narration in the background transports you to that scene and honestly you feel a lot of what the characters are feeling. Very rare show.

Watching without english audio was a pain though. However Eng audio and subtitles were pretty different sometimes and it was some what interesting to see how similar yet different they can be at the same time.

As the show goes on past first few episodes, it goes into the same league as Heroes Season 1. Insane stuff.

Just started watching The Money Heist on Netflix.
Even after having a decent Internet connection the inability to choose exact streaming quality like that on Youtube irks me a lot, whether it is Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Second that !! Watched most of Rick & Morty by downloading the stuff despite the subscription, later moved on to download option in app & its much more preferred than streaming. Same with Prime. Btw, I use Jio for streaming & while it was almost perfect, moving to a new location has brought me to 0.75Mbps d & 1.5 Mbps u category :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Universe. In this show, using modern computer graphics and based on advanced space research, the filmmakers were able to recreate what is happening on other planets in other galaxies, to imagine what forms of life could evolve in other atmospheres. I like it)

I'd like to single out the TV series "Taboo" of the latest British masterpieces. It’s authentic, atmospheric and the atmosphere of Britain in those times is recaptured very well. Watch it, you won't regret.

Dark is going on good till episode 5... Sometimes feels a bit stretched but then the tempo of the music gets you glued back. Will finish shortly then review.

Wild Wild country is a NF documentry on Osho Rajneesh's move to Oregon. I was always intrigued by him & the mysticism/cult around his name.
Some rave reviews... Saw 2 episodes but not good enough to hold me especially these days when time is at crunch, will revisit it later.

Recently watched "House of Cards" S05, and I didn't understand half of it. :D :D
I don't understand their political system - so was clueless about the whole election process and how just one state became deciding factor. Neither I understood how capturing one ICO guy was so damn important. Neither 'games' played by Jane and Usher.

Watched pilot of Billions and also few episodes of 'Silicon Valley'. Lets see how does these two goes. :)

Started The Terror.

Pretty good two episodes till now and the reviews for the season are gushing.

Anybody watching The Looming Tower?

I would say its a great dramatization(fictional or not is not my cup of tea though) of the FBI/CIA games leading up to the 9/11 attacks.

So i decided not to listen to anyone else's opinion and watched Altered Carbon. I have this thing for anything sci-fi. And zombies. And hey, it wasn't bad at all. Wasn't perfect, had a few dumb plot lines like almost all tv shows, but it was quite worth the watch. Not just for the ridiculously good blockbuster movie level vfx, but the story was quite interesting as well. Explored some radical concepts of human 'evolution' and didn't end up making a mess of it either. Maybe i liked it because i saw the new blade runner about a month ago and that impressed me too.

How come nobody is talking about 'The Americans' And 'Money Heist aka La casa de papel' ??
Money Heist was really good. I preferred to watch it in Spanish. I have picked up this habit of watching any shows in their original language as it feels a much better experience on the whole.

Also used to love watching 'The Americans' until it somehow fell off the radar just like 'Homeland' did for me. Now it feels like a chore to pick up from before.
I am however picking up 'The Strain' again. Had left it after Season 2 but somehow felt the urge to pick it up again.

Off late, I have been satisfied with my regular viewing of popular Comedy Sitcoms that air weekly and haven't been able to finish off many of my downloads including Westworld, something which I have been dying to see. Looks like watching all the 20min sitcoms has reduced my attention span and I find it tedious to watch 1hr shows.

I have, however been watching Billions religiously and it seems to be another stellar show with a really nice cast. They are now in their third season and the pace of the story has been pretty nice.

Does anyone over here like to watch talk shows.
I got hooked onto The Graham Norton show a few years ago and now it is a weekly show I just can't miss. All the American talk shows just seem so mediocre in front of it.

Money Heist was really good. I preferred to watch it in Spanish. I have picked up this habit of watching any shows in their original language as it feels a much better experience on the whole.

That is just how the content should be viewed. Majority of the times the voice acting fails the actual emotions of the original content.

Also used to love watching 'The Americans' until it somehow fell off the radar just like 'Homeland' did for me. Now it feels like a chore to pick up from before.

The last few episodes of S05 looked a bit rushed.. as if somebody told them that the sledgehammer was coming, and that they needed to either abandon ship, or they ll have to expedite the ending. Atleast the show will save itself the ignominy of staying beyond its welcome.
Just waiting for all the episodes to be aired. Then gonna binge watch it for a more immersive experience.

Been watching very few shows annually: The Americans, Narcos, GoT, and Peaky Blinders. Have dropped the latter as it has been meandering a wee bit more than my liking. Slow-mo shots of well-attired lads with loud music blaring in the background has been adding to the cringe.

Will start Money Heist and Black Mirror after (sniff) The Americans is done with.

I've only seen the first episode of the latest Americans season (on TV here) so far and it looks like the plot/theme will be decent.

Also watching Homeland latest season on TV here and while in the beginning it seemed boring, but in the second half of the season things are hotting up :)[DOUBLEPOST=1524141636][/DOUBLEPOST]Also watching Silicon Valley latest season, again it's coming here on TV (one of the channels on tata sky at least) and while it's nothing earth shattering it could still be watchable.

Just started watching The Money Heist on Netflix.
Seems quite good from the first few episodes.

Even though I have a Netflix subscription, I feel the need to download the same episodes from torrents because of the difference in quality visible while streaming. Even after having a decent Internet connection the inability to choose exact streaming quality like that on Youtube irks me a lot, whether it is Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Digging an old comment - you can select the streaming quality by logging into Netflix Account.

Back