English TV series discussion

Trying to make a compilation of tv shows that might be worthwhile to see... please suggest shows I've missed/probably not seen;

Crime/Violence/Action/Thriller

"Normal" people: The Wire, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Band of Brothers, Rome, Generation Kill, Deadwood, Homicide: Life on the Street, Rubicon, Oz, Outrageous Fortune, Sons of Anarchy, Southland, Justified, Terriers

"Super" people: Dexter, Castle, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, Hustle, 24, Prison Break, Sherlock, Nikita, Spartacus

Scifi/fantasy

Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Jeremiah, Terminator: Sarah Conor Chronicles, Heroes, Jericho, The Walking Dead, True Blood, Being Human, The Misfits, Lost, Fringe, Journeyman, The Event, V, Flashforward, Sanctuary, Dollhouse, Xena, Legend of the Seeker, Lost Girl, Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Beauty and the Beast

Drama

Six Feet Under, Mad Men, Skins, Big Love, Rescue Me, Treme, Twin Peaks, House, Glee, Cold Feet, Dead Like Me, Parenthood

Comedy

Sitcoms: Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Better off Ted, Community, The Big Bang Theory, Spaced, The IT Crowd, Coupling, 18 to Life, Worst Week, Fawlty Towers, My Name is Earl, Raising Hope, Everybody Hates Chris, Modern Family, Cougar Town, Only Fools and Horses, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Monty Python's Flying Circus, Joey, Two and a Half Men, Seinfeld, Frasier, Married with Children

Alternative: Arrested Development, Louie, The Office, Flight of the Conchords, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, , The Larry Sanders Show, Lucky Louie, Party Down, Extras, Curb Your Enthusiasm, An Idiot Abroad, In the Thick of It

Teen: Freaks and Geeks, The Inbetweeners, Wonderfalls, Degrassi series, The Hard Times of RJ Berger

Drama: Shameless, Boston Legal, Entourage, Chuck, The Reaper, Cupid [1998], Gavin and Stacey, Hung, Californication

Animated: Southpark, Simpsons, Family Guy, Archer, Futurama, Neighbors from Hell, The Venture Bros., Frisky Dingo, Superjail!.

Hindi

Malgudi Days, Byomkesh Bakshi, Flop show, Ramanand sagar Ramayan, Jungle Book hindi, Duck tales hindi, talespin hindi,Vikram aur betaal.

Edit: added suggestions.

Bluffmaster said:
So, what do you think about the last scene? Did they get him?

Nah, I think they don't. There really is no reason now since everything is taken care of. And he's just too lucky (and smart) as far as these things are concerned. However, if by "they" you mean the feds trying him, then yea, probably :D. Whats your take?

chiron said:
Trying to make a compilation of tv shows that might be worthwhile to see... please suggest shows I've missed/probably not seen;

Animated: The Venture Bros., Frisky Dingo, Superjail!.

Sitcom: Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Drama: Mad Men.

Also add : Malgudi Days, Byomkesh Bakshi, Flop show, Ramanand sagar Ramayan, Jungle Book hindi, Duck tales hindi, talespin hindi and Vikram aur betaal.

Hey guys, I remember watching the Poirot series, when i was small. It used to come on DD. They used to be good.

There are totally 12 seasons.

Is it worth having them all?

srsriharsha said:
Anyone watching "Suits" ??

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

yes finished all episodes thus far, edit: season 1 is complete, my bad a total of 12 episodes, totally loved it.

Also, have started watching 'The Wire' started off kinda slow, but picked up, now into season02, and its got slow again, hoping it will pick up again, how many of you in here completed this show, its touted as the best show on tv, had to check it out!

Jasku said:
yes finished all episodes thus far, edit: season 1 is complete, my bad a total of 12 episodes, totally loved it.

Also, have started watching 'The Wire' started off kinda slow, but picked up, now into season02, and its got slow again, hoping it will pick up again, how many of you in here completed this show, its touted as the best show on tv, had to check it out!

That's how the show is. everything is realistic, don't expect surprise plot twists or unrealistic endings.

Back