Energenie Power Meter - Kill-A-Watt for India - ~ Rs 800 shipped

varkey

Skilled
Energenie Power Meter
qZxvP.jpg

Discover which appliances are the worst energy offenders to lower your power bill and reduce carbon emissions.

The Energy Saving Power Meter will measure the energy use (and calculate costs) of running household appliances. This helps you lower your power bill and reduce carbon emissions, as you discover which appliances are the worst energy offenders and then work out ways to limit their use.

Technical Specifications

Voltage: 240V ac 50Hz

Maximum current: 13A

Maximum load: 3120W

Typical power consumption: <0.5W

Product Code: ENER007

Measuring Ranges

Voltage 200-276V AC, +/-0.5%

Current range 0.005-16A, +/-0.5%

Power range 0.1-3680W, +/-0.5%

Accumulative electric quantity range 0 -9999.9kWh

Frequency range 45-65Hz

Clock accuracy +/- 1 minute per month

Internal rechargeable, non-replaceable battery

General Features

1. Display current clock.

2. Display line voltage.

3. Display line current.

4. Display line power.

5. Display peak line power.

6. Display accumulative total electricity usage.

7. Display total on time and total electricity usage.

8. Display line frequency.

9. Display power factor.

10. Adjustable max. overload current, max. overload warning.

11. Adjustable price / kWh.

12. Display combinations of days or blocks of days.

Product Website : Energenie - Energy Saver Plug, Automatic Power Supply Shutdown Device, Bye Bye Standby, Power Killer

Product User Guide : http://www.energenie4u.co.uk/userguides/ENER007_Energenie_UserGuide.pdf

Purchase Link : Energenie Power Meter (R.R.P. £10.99) - £5.95 : Ion Originals Ltd, Trade Store

Price : 10.95 GBP ~ Rs 800 inclusive of shipping

Shipping Method : Normal Airmail / Transit time 2-3 weeks

Payment Method : Paypal / Credit Card

inidD.png

I had ordered one for a TE member on Jan 4th and he PMd me sometime back saying he received it today safely and no customs duty. :) I myself purchased two from the same site and got it through Aramex and final price came to around 1.1-1.2k although I received it within 4-5 days whereas this may take 2-3 weeks.

The product is really good, displays current, power, frequency, power factor, peak power etc. You can also set the price per unit and it will show you the cost as well. There is an inbuilt real time clock too. Overall for Rs 800 it's an awesome product and I would really recommend it.

I have seen many threads asking for similar products in India and my FS thread also showed lot of response so thought of creating this deal thread. :p

Shipping seems to be 5 GBP even for 2-3 pieces ! May be we can ask them to undervalue it to like 2 GBP each ....still in one order may be we should restrict to max 2-3 pieces tp avoid customs hassles. Also normal airmal wont have customs most of the times :)

^ Even tried 5 pieces and shipping cost remained the same. :p Might be a mistake though.

I was charged Rs 400 as duty for a wireless router I got through normal airmail once. :( But these are much smaller and should come without any problem. :)

who so ever needs this, can actually go to the above link and order directly as a GO may look like a commercial order.

damn, I didnt realize that they ship to India and I gave my aramex address as the shipping address. I am not seeing any option to cancel or edit my order :(

Thanks buddy, Im in for one and am ordering it. the only thing I did not like with the item is the fact that it has a rechargeable battery. Guess it will conk off after a few years when the battery stops charging.

No, that is what worried me. Their own FAQ says that the display will not come up properly if the battery is drained. But HailStone says it is good, so it must be !!!

varkey said:
^ But it should still show the usage even if battery dies. I think the battery may be used for storing the cost data, usage history or things like that.

Btw there is one more model available from EcoTek, maybe you can check that too -- Ecotek Energy Monitor (R.R.P £15.99) [TR0152] - £7.95 : Ion Originals Ltd, Trade Store

vinayaga said:
No, that is what worried me. Their own FAQ says that the display will not come up properly if the battery is drained. But HailStone says it is good, so it must be !!!
If the battery is dead then I will open it up & see if it can be replaced.. Its not like they have used some proprietary battery stuff which needs hacking... I am sure it can be replaced one way or another....

Is this a one time payment portal. To a CC payment and it over. Just wait for the shipment..?

Also how do I get the shipping option for India. The drop down does not have it.

@asingh - Yes a one time payment. Just add your Indian address and it will show the shipping cost to India.

@Arjun - No Indian debit cards may not work. Mostly will need a CC.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

they have not responded to my mail for the cancellation and they have updated the status as Shipped :(. Now, i need to get that through aramex by paying extra shipping to them.

^ When did you place the order? If it was on a weekday before 12 pm GMT then they ship it the same day.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Back