Ebay refund

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Ok so this is first time I ordered something for my friend and the order got cancelled. Reason- Item out of stock. Even though when i placed order 1 item was in stock. Dont know what happened later. The order was placed on 21st June 2015. And i got sellers apology email yesterday that
1435515765579.jpg

And another email from eBay paisapay that "A refund has been initiated automatically for item xyz for Rs 880 since the seller failed to ship item before shipping deadline 25th june"

So how long it takes for the refund to get deposited or transferred directly to my bank à/c?
I hope in such cases ebay doesnt offer anh coupons or nonsense.

Feels bad that my first ebay experience was disappointing!:confused:

they'll return money in the same mode that you used while placing the order. it'll take 3~4 days after you get the transfer intimation from eBay. this is the usual time that banks etc take.

If its resolved and agreed to refund by seller as is in your case, you'll get it in 5-7 days via same mode of payment.
If there is a dispute, then welcome to hell :p

I just don't shop with ebay anymore now. After flipkart, amazon,snapdeal...which is more customer friendly and returns are just easy, but not with ebay as there is no reverse pickup.

I had multiple bad experiences with products bought from ebay. Once for an otg cable and once for an hdmi cable. Both the timed i filed an ebay guarantee, because of which i believe my money was returned to me back. On the first day i recieved my cable and found it to be in non working condition. The same day i filed an ebay guarantee claim. The next day, the seller contacted me and asked me to return the cable and i would have to bear the cost and hassle of return. I was kind of disappointed and so i was about to courier it the next day so as to get a replacement. However that very day i got a call from ebay cc. They told me not to ship the cable and they would be refunding me the item cost+some extra amount in the form of a coupon. And i did not need to ship the cable back. The cc told me you keep the cable, throw it away or do whatever you want. Within 10 days i had my ebay coupon in my inbox and so i did not have to return anything. So sometimes if you are lucky it may also be great buying from ebay. Anyway i dont recommend buying costly equipment from ebay. Fk and amazon are far better.

i have used ebay for around 10 years (though not regularly). Of course i was careful to check on the seller's ratings and feedback before purchasing. It was only recently that i had to opt for refund as the product was not properly functioning. The refund process was smooth and i didn't have to courier the product for a refund.

upload_2015-6-29_12-39-54.png

upload_2015-6-29_13-6-27.png

Previously it said....

Shipping
The seller has not shipped the item by the shipping deadline of 25-Jun-15. PaisaPay has initiated a cancellation for the this transaction.

and now it says

Shipping
The seller has not shipped the item by the shipping deadline of 02-Jul-15. PaisaPay has initiated a cancellation for the this transaction.

So now whats with deadline of 02-Jul-15 again for?

You will receive the refund from ebay. I have been with ebay since past 13 yrs. I know them well. So dont worry
But how long?
The order was placed on 21st june,15 and it got cancelled by 25th. Now again 2nd july is the date given to the seller.
So nowhere I'm seeing any paypaisa or refund stuf.

^^ whenever you raise a claim, eBay gives 7~14 days to seller to make amends. and after this period, when they finally initiate the refund, it comes close to 20 days. eBay won't explicitly tell you this wait time that but some inexperienced call center guys blurt out this information.

during this grace period, seller can do whatever to make sure the buyer is satisfied (i.e, he can ship the product if he hasn't already or accept to refund). if the seller can prove that you've received the order then your money is lost (sellers can cheat too).

I haven't myself raised any claim. It was all automated.
No question of seller cheating coz the item never got shipped due to out of stock. Have email of seller as well.

I recently ordered i7 5820K from the most cheapest link I could Google and it was from Amazon. It said it was the last piece left etc and I bought it...but it was actually out of stock. Nothing happened for days and the seller also didn't reply back my email that I sent him.

Then after few more days Amazon automatically cancelled the order and gave the money back in 2 days. eBay works in similar way and there's nothing to worry about.

Back